• 4195 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 13886 Players Online
  • 9691 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

SMT - Showcase MPS Tournament - 5:00pm EST Friday 27th

Discussion in 'Events' started by Stragedy, Mar 23, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Hello All!

As you can see, my name is Stragedy. Every weekend, I host an MPS Tournament which includes a variety of games on MP.

An explanation of the Tournament, the rules which bind them, as well as other things such as game rotations can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NZJDEEgPn6_Wb9fhkuLdOJtCDW0g9hdXsBHA-YNDBDM/edit?usp=sharing

However, here is a short explanation (although I do advise reading the rule-book):
    Each 'Tournament' consists of two phases. The first one (referred to as lockins) lasts for 90 minutes. In this time, all players can play, and we rotate through a set game rotation. Any winners of these games are 'locked-in' for the second phase of the tournament. Once that 90 minutes is up, we join our SMT COM server and continue on with the second phase. In this second phase, which consists of 12 remaining players, each game we play one player will be eliminated. You can be eliminated by dying first, or being in last place. This continues until there is one player left remaining, and they are crowned the Winner.

My version of these tournaments have been running since January this year, but this specific format has been played on Mineplex by friends of mine for over 4 years now. However, as Mineplex has developed throughout the years, we have lost more and more players. With the unfortunate hit of COVID-19, I will be running even more tournaments than usual, hopefully creating a enjoyable time as more people turn to gaming during these trying times.

So! This Friday night at 5pm EST, I will be hosting a Showcase Tournament in /server Stragedy-1 where new players can come along and experience how our tournaments are played! All of our veteran players will be in the MPS and on our discord server (-unapproved link-) helping out new players and explaining how the tournament runs. I will also be streaming during this time! When lockins have finished, the 12 players remaining will be assigned a veteran coach who will help them throughout the final stages of the tournament!

If you have any questions or inquiries, please comment below, join the discord server, or even add me on Discord (Stragedy#7811).

Posted Mar 23, 2020
    blufluffydragons and xGetRektedx like this.
  2. Still looking for more players to come down and check us out on Friday! Add my discord tag as the server link was blocked!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 24, 2020
  3. Wow, this sounds so cool. I'll definitely be there!!!!

Posted Mar 26, 2020
    Stragedy likes this.
  4. I'll say that even though in a lot of ways I really do hate certain things about this server, these tournaments are hecka fun.

Posted Mar 26, 2020
    Stragedy likes this.
  5. I hope to see you there!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 26, 2020
  6. Great!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 26, 2020
  7. Sounds good! I've always been competitive, so a tournament interests me quite a lot! I'll see you there perhaps!

Posted Mar 26, 2020
    Stragedy likes this.
  8. Awesome man!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 27, 2020