• 1511 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9061 Players Online
  • 7550 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Smash mobs for bedrock

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by Marition, Jan 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. We need smash mobs for bedrock it is by far one of the best game modes and og java players are missing out on it that moved to bedrock

Posted Jan 17, 2021
  2. Hi. I love SSM, it's one of my most played games and I'd love to see it on Bedrock. Sadly though, Bedrock currently is not powerful enough to host games of SSM because of packet/lag intensity to clients which Bedrock Minecraft clients cannot handle. As quoted from Brian (OneThousand) circa last year, "SSM won't happen for a while". Mineplex Bedrock is improving though, I think the biggest issues are how much control the developers have over modification of the server and the way Mineplex Bedrock loads chunks/entities which all need to be a little bit more streamlined. There'd also need to be massive strides in combat so that it's much easier to use (and work) like it does in the Java version.

One massive issue with this is that SSM is a very competitive game. You have one Windows 10 user and it's game over due to the quick movements and aiming that the user can pull off. SSM also uses lots of particles which means lots of packets being sent to the player which cause lag. This could make games unplayable due to player freezing and in severe cases, crash clients. In Bedrocks current state, I really don't think that SSM would work. Even if it was amazingly coded by Gyro and Brian, the way Bedrock is coded will not make it feasible for effective gameplay, especially the velocity, abilities and custom knockback which are essential to the game.

Currently due to the issues that this would involve, it's a -1 from me.

Posted Jan 18, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.
  3. Hello!

Sadly SSM wouldn't do very well on Bedrock as on certain versions of the game you can't really right-click which is something you need on SSM. Mobile users also will have a hard time moving around as the control are a bit crazy at times. I'm going to go ahead and mark this idea as Not Planned

- Thread Locked & Marked as Not Planned

Posted Jan 26, 2021
    Carrut likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.