• 1325 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8375 Players Online
  • 7050 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed "Small skins"

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by AlexMB, Jan 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi, so I've been playing cake wars on mineplex for a while, and every time I play I run into the same problem. I feel like a lot of players get an advantage from buying what I call "Small skins". It's mostly the star wars skins that are used, but it makes it seem like they have a lot smaller of a hitbox and results in them being very hard to hit. I think a lot of people would be a lot happier if these skins were banned from the server :)

Posted Jan 18, 2021
  2. Hello there!

I agree that small skins can be challenging towards people. Yes, they are smaller, but their hitbox is actually the same as a full-sized skin. However, it is planned to prevent people from using small skins in PvP games in the future, so soon, there will be no more small skins in cake wars :)

Posted Jan 18, 2021
  3. This has been discussed in many threads and most of the time the response is that they can’t remove these. This is supposedly because of a deal with Mojang. Also the fact that people payed money for these skins kinda makes it hard to remove them without it seeming like a scam. However I and most people agree with you that something should be done about it. Also for a lot of people it’s not the fact that they are small but that you can’t see what armor they are wearing. Thanks,
    Multi

Posted Jan 18, 2021
  4. Correct me if I'm wrong but there are plans to ban small skins in PvP games. This is most likely because even though the hitboxes are the same, it can be hard to gauge where to hit the player since it seems they have a smaller hitbox. Not entirely sure if this will cause issues with Mojang, but if it's already planned, then I assume that the ban will be fine. I'm looking forward to it since I know a lot of players (including myself) have had trouble fighting smaller skins, and this will most surely combat that problem :)

Posted Jan 18, 2021
  5. Yep they’re removing them in the future.

Posted Jan 18, 2021
  6. YAY

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 21, 2021
    Cloudy Day and yvuggu like this.
  7. Thread Moved to Bedrock Ideas

---------------

Hey!

As many of the players said above, the hitboxes are actually the same as regular sized skins. I do see where you are coming that when you are playing it's harder to see them allowing them to sneak up on you. I do believe that it is planned to block these skins in-game rounds, however, I do think that they should be allowed in regular lobbies as there is no advantage they gain.

There have been similar threads to this in the past such as https://www.mineplex.com/threads/skins.181603/#post-629487

Posted Jan 21, 2021
  8. Hey!

As many have mentioned above, we have plans to disable small skins on our Bedrock server. Due to that, I will be marking this thread as processed and locking it.

I hope you have a wonderful day/night!

Posted Jan 21, 2021
    AndersP, xUmbreon and Nolawn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.