• 1972 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 15330 Players Online
  • 13358 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Small Jurassic themed build

Discussion in 'Build Showcase' started by wild_def, Oct 24, 2020.

1. https://imgur.com/a/gVGghXU

production time: around 4-5 days
    I hope you like it! As always I am open to feedback/criticism.
    Let me know what you want to see me build next, im running out of ideas!!

Posted Oct 24, 2020
    anna ♪, TheBlueComet and Cloudy like this.
  2. Wow that looks incredible. It’s huge and extRemely detailed lmao. Looks great good job!

Posted Oct 24, 2020
    wild_def likes this.
  3. That's really cool! Another sick build has been added to the plots of BR haha. keep it up!

Posted Oct 24, 2020
    wild_def likes this.
  4. BR is 10/10

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 24, 2020
    ARareBlackBear likes this.
  5. Hey!

I've actually never seen anything like this in a build showcase aha, it's definitely very unique!
    The detail is just right, it's not overwhelming but it isn't underwhelming either. Overall very nice build!!

What if you did some kind of space themed build next? I've always loved space themed stuff so that's the first thing that came to mind lol

Keep up the great work (:

Posted Oct 26, 2020
    wild_def likes this.
  6. I love this! I used to make little box-sized environments as well when I was really into building. I haven't done that much anymore, but maybe should start again :p

I love the dinosaur, it looks amazing! I think my only piece of criticism would be to maybe make it a bit smaller given the small environment. Work on compact building to learn about fine details, etc. I'd say the same for the trees - they're so beautiful, but you should work on varying the branches - instead of making them all even, here you have the branches practically the same width as the trunk - work on making them thinner as they go along. I think the space you set out for yourself was a little bit too small to be able to fully develop big trees like so without taking up loads of space.

A final note, you have awesome block variation and colour palettes! I really love how the hills look, with the stone and clay/terracotta/concrete. The flowers are such a cool detail as well!

I have a rule though on actual block placement, I learned from an ex-Builder here at Mineplex that was teaching me how to build terrain - avoid staircasing. What this means, is, for an example, when you're building a hill and simply building the blocks up like staircases. Any more than 3 staircase blocks and it's too much - is what I learned.

For an example - Picture 1, furthest mountain to the left. Do you see that little staircase bit over there? a way to fix it would be digging out one more block either horizontally or vertically. I hope that makes sense - it's all to help your terrain be less even/round like vanilla mc terrain and more developed.

I hope that all makes sense :') keep building, they're awesome!

Posted Nov 14, 2020
  7. That sounds like a fabulous idea. People would be picturing dinosaurs or awesome features related to Jurassic Park.

Posted Nov 24, 2020
  8. Nice build bro :thumbs_up:

Posted Nov 26, 2020
    yvuggu and allegient™ like this.
  9. Hola Campd!

I really like this "small" Jurrasic themed build! I put small in quotations because to my standards, it's not small at all. I'm sure to your standards, it's a pretty small one though, haha. I really like all the detail you added everywhere. It's also cool that it's up on a little mountain. That's probably my favorite part of it. The dinosaur is also really cool. I'm not much of a builder so I can't give you much advice, but to me, it looks awesome! I hope to see more like this in the future. Thanks for sharing!

Posted Nov 27, 2020