• 1023 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6145 Players Online
  • 5122 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Slime Game

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by lil_couch, Apr 8, 2020.

1. I think the slime game was super fun and should be around full time. It kept me busy when it took a while to join a game and it was just fun in general

Posted Apr 8, 2020
  2. Hey,

Even though slime games were only meant for April fools, I think that Mineplex could always add some more minor lobby games. I think slime games is only meant for a certain amount of time, and it would have lost interest after a while, even though it took a while to make all of those games/updates. However, I wouldn't add too many lobby games since the point of the lobby is to chill around, even if people are waiting to queue.

I personally don't think they should add back the slime game , and I think Mineplex should only really add at most 1 or 2 lobby games. The point of a lobby in my opinion is to either chill around, or for those that are waiting for queues, can sit in the lobby and chat with other players. There are plenty good parkour challenges to do, and adding too many lobby games would undervalue most of these parkour challenges. Depending on the game as well, the queue time should usually take less than a whole lobby game, like gladiators. But sometimes, it might take a while, which would be for games that have a smaller player base supporting it.

In Lobby-1, there are usually staff that are willing to talk to you about anything which you can do during the time you are queuing. Just like any game with queue timers, there are many things you could be doing. Although I say it isn't necessary to have lobby games, it would be cool for the player base to add some lobby games for those that are getting long queue times. If I am in queue though, most of the time I am just chatting in Lobby-1 or watching youtube videos. I am fine with adding more lobby games, but I just don't want it to be more of a priority over bug fixes or game changes/balance updates. In general, I don't think slime games will be coming back, but I think it would be cool to add some lobby games if the Developers had more time to consider doing that. Otherwise, hope I gave good feedback on this idea.

Posted Apr 8, 2020
    WowCaleb likes this.
  3. Hey!

Although @Wiz2K had a fair point with leaving the lobby game as is during the April Fool's time, there could be another way of implementing this lobby game to Mineplex. Additionally, I believe there are other things Mineplex could do to attract more traffic to their servers. Adding a new gamemode called "Slimes" would be amazing, where there could be many slimes and you have to eat and eat and eat, eventually getting bigger and eating other player slimes. That would be a cool game, huh?

However, things like this don't happen in the snap of someones finger, it would take some time, as the post above mine stated already. Virtually, this would be a cool development that mineplex could add. I love the pitch of the idea!

If not, we could possibly see slimes come back next year during 2021 April Fool's, or better yet, during another national holidays like Thanksgiving, 4th of July, and more!

Posted Apr 9, 2020
    Wiz2K likes this.