• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Slime Attack! New Nano Game Idea

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Callum5771, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Callum5771

Callum5771

Slime Attack, or similar, (although I must admit, "Sumo Slimes" sounds quite good!) as originally suggested by BingoHG, is a game which could be put into Nano or Mixed Arcade and would consist of a circular platform with slimes, which players are riding, spawning in around the edges of the arena.

The objective is to knock other players off of the platform, before they knock you off!

The slimes would be given knockback when they crash into each other. More knockback would be given to the person that got bumped into first in every instance. The game would eliminate whoever fell into the void, and you can move around anywhere in the arena. If you fall off of the island but you aren't killed by another player, you'd die anyway. (I think the death message "Be More Careful!" would be quite fun to be displayed!)

The game would last approximately 1 minute and would end when there's one player left in the arena. the final 3 would be 1st, 2nd and 3rd. In the event of the game stalling, map crumble would take place much like it does in Micro Battles, with the map crumbling from the outside of the arena gradually working its way inwards to the center. To be clear, the blocks wouldn't turn into Netherrack like in MB, the blocks would just fall out of existence.

A quick, but rather exciting game in my eyes. Let's see what you think..

Credit for this suggestion, again, goes to BingoHG.

Updated with more info. Post will continue to be updated as feedback is given.

Posted Feb 10, 2019,
    Last edited Feb 14, 2019
    Sickle_ // SickleMode and Idut like this.
  2. Cyrox

Cyrox

Okay;
    just by looking at this you're going to need a lot more of a basis to go off of.

Imma go ahead and lay down somethings you can tell us!
    If it's an arcade game; you'll need kits. Nano doesn't need this so you're going to have to pick one or the other... not "or".

Again, you need to work a little more on the idea and bring it up from the ground a little more <3

Adieu,
    cyy

Posted Feb 10, 2019
  3. Slipest

Slipest

Hello!

I really like this idea, but one problem with it is that it seems a bit too similar to bacon brawl. One thing that would set these two games apart and make "Slime Attack" a better game would be to add some more features that would define Slime Attack which set it apart from other games.
    +1

-Slipest

Posted Feb 10, 2019
  4. Callum5771

Callum5771

I got 2 things to say here.

1)
    I agree with ya Slipest, hopefully I or the community can think of some great extras to go with the game!

2) @Cyrox I've updated the post with loads more info.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 10, 2019
  5. AGLThree

AGLThree

So as someone who used to play in the pregame lobbies all the time with friends and random people, I can say that getting on slime mounts and bouncing around is one of the most entertaining games you can play. With that experience in mind, I personally can vouch for the level of entertainment that this could bring. There's honestly not much more fun than launching someone like thirty blocks out and up in the air after colliding with them on a slime mount, and I'd be super excited to see that translated into the Nano Games cycle. The game itself wouldn't even need to be complex, as Nano Games are generally pretty speedy and the basic mechanisms of the slime mount are fun enough to begin with.

So looking into the specifics of your idea, I think you've done a nice job laying down the groundworks. I like the basic idea, but I think you can do some work looking into changes. For example, you suggest that players get teleported back after they fall off. For example, if there were two players left, Player1 might be chasing Player2 on the slime. However, Player2 intentionally jumps off the edge and then, because Player1 would be closer to the edge, Player2 could exploit the teleportation system to get an advantage. That's just a thought, but I'd honestly suggest the removal of that feature, mostly because of that and also because of added complications like combat timers and the like. Additionally, I'd suggest a type of map crumble to be added in, mostly because sometimes the knockback is more vertical than horizontal, and with only two players left, the game could stretch on for longer than expected.

Again, I personally love the idea and I think that the mechanisms of the slime mount would fit this perfectly! Happy to see this suggested!

Posted Feb 10, 2019
  6. Jaekub

Jaekub

I think you should change the name to Sumo Slimes. I really like this idea as it would be a unique and fun addition to Mineplex. I think it would work as an Arcade Game the best. +1

Posted Feb 12, 2019
  7. Phamtastic

Phamtastic

Hey Callum!

While the concept looks great, but I feel like it is similar to like from the other game, “Bacon Brawl” form Mixed Arcade. Even though, I still love to see your game is going to be added into the Nano if they decided to start creating the new game. I do agree with AGL said above and he gave most of the details of his suggestion to improve. Overall, that is a great idea that you have and keep up your great work!

Posted Feb 13, 2019
  8. xUmbreon

xUmbreon

Not gonna lie, this game would be pretty fun to play (at least for me). I used to mess around with my slime mount all the time in lobbies and pre-game lobbies so adding a game like this into Nano would be super fun, especially considering that I play Nano a lot.

I agree with everything that AGLThree suggested, especially the map crumble option. It would definitely make the game more interesting to play, and it would prevent theoretical “endless” games with the final two players failing to knock each other off. Adding a map crumble would definitely make things faster.

Overall, great idea, and keep up the good suggestions!

Posted Feb 13, 2019
    nadav1112 and Callum5771 like this.
  9. Callum5771

Callum5771

Post updated with everyone's ideas so far. Thanks all!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 14, 2019
    nadav1112 likes this.
  10. Nicodami

Nicodami

Hey!

That definitely seem like it could work well as a nano game. Bumping into other slime while riding a slime is something I sometimes do in lobbies (especially with the new love particles mount thingy), and it's a lot of fun. Making it a game would be really nice!
    Also, a small idea to reduce game stalling even more: what about increasing kb as time goes by? A bit like in bacon brawl! I know you suggested that the more you get bumped into, the bigger the kb. However, that would be even more fun if there was this as well, and it would also make sure games are always fast.

+1 for the idea though!

Posted Feb 14, 2019
  11. ClassN

ClassN

Sounds simple and fun. Don't see why this couldn't be a Nano game (I do prefer it as a part of Nano, as opposed to Mixed Arcade). There's really nothing I could add because sometimes, simple games are just better. +1 from me.

Posted Feb 14, 2019
  12. Snowwii

Snowwii

This idea sounds pretty good to me! I enjoy playing the "knock other players off the platform" in quick Nano Games. This idea sounds similar but I think slimes would make it funny. +1 for me. :D

Posted Feb 14, 2019
  13. Overdog

Overdog

This is very interesting! I love the concept of it, and considering I'm a developer, (Not Mineplex.), this would be easy to develop from scratch or whatever base. Slimes would be fun. +1!

Posted Feb 14, 2019
  14. Sickle_ // SickleMode

Sickle_ // SickleMode

Hello,
    I think this game would be awesome! I love bumping around with the slime morph in lobbies, and in a sumo style game like you suggested, I think it would fit in nano perfectly. I love the idea of a map crumble to move the players closer to center. I have a pretty good picture of how this game would go in my mind, and I would definitely love to try it out in nano. Thanks for the cool idea! Have a nice day.

Posted Feb 14, 2019
  15. xVanessa

xVanessa

I'm going to agree with Pham in that I do think it seem similar to Bacon Brawl, however I do think it's an interesting concept. Like Cyrox said if it was to be put in Mixed Arcade, I would like to know what kits there would be. But given the game is only supposed to last 1 minute I think it would be better suited for Nano. Overall I quite like the idea and think it'll be a nice addition.
    +1

I will also be moving this thread to New Game Discussion.

Posted Feb 15, 2019
    Callum5771 and Phamtastic like this.
  16. Maxxehh

Maxxehh

Hey
    This sounds like a really cool idea and would be great for Mineplex. I personally think it would be better as part of Nano Games, as it seems like quite a short game, as Vanessa said above! Overall, this seems like a really interesting idea and I'd like to see it added.

Posted Feb 16, 2019 at 5:38 AM
  17. Jaekub

Jaekub

Why thank you! :D

Posted Feb 16, 2019 at 9:57 AM