• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11429 Players Online
  • 8539 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Skywars

Discussion in 'Build Showcase' started by TheBuilderRilder, Jul 27, 2020.

1. https://imgur.com/a/NXgcM0W
    A skywars map and a structure I was going to use in the map but then realised it was to big.
    It says Mineplex Builder App because it will be one of the maps I use in my application.

Posted Jul 27, 2020
    Aweary, Legend998, Laylq and 2 others like this.
  2. You need to make sure the ground below is void, so you can do 2 things. //br sphere 5 0, or select two positions with wand and //set 0. Make sure that wherever a player can play can't see the grass below. Also, if you're planning on submitting the map you'll need to add the appropriate data points. Also, nice looking map, though I do recommend when you're taking screenshots to go into /gamemode 3 or press f1, so text, Hotbar, etc aren't shown.

Good looking map. You should definitely think about submitting it to Mineplex :)

Posted Jul 27, 2020
    Aweary, Laylq, PROSTONE and 1 other person like this.
  3. Thank you for the nice words

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 27, 2020
    ARareBlackBear likes this.
  4. Uhm, few things:)

Bedrock on the map?
    Vines connecting islands?
    I can seen the bottom?
    Very campable!
    It B I G!
    Gameplay is unbalanced.
    sorry for being rude I dont have alot of time to reply, dont take it personal it's really good but needs some touch up

Posted Jul 27, 2020
  5. The bottom can be sorted, as I am not submitting this to mineplex ever that doesn't hugely matter. Where can camping happen? and why is Bedrock bad? If it fits the theme then why can't it be used? I have measured it against other Skywars maps on the server and others are larger. With your issue of vines linking islands, there are 5 maps I just found on the map database which have the same thing. 1) Elven Land, 2) Enchanted, 3) Kyoto, 4) Rivercross, and 5) Roman Empire. Also how is gameplay unbalanced?
    These questions aren't meant to be me saying no it isn't and that you are wrong, I am just asking for you to elaborate a little more so I can fix the issues.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 27, 2020
  6. Can't break bedrock .-.

Posted Jul 28, 2020
  7. It's really nice I like your building (:
    As the above players said I do agree with some of them. It's sheesh, a really nice map, and it is decent size I don't see much of an issue with it, it would look great for a skywars map! You don't really see camping in Skywars, so nothing to really do there. Bedrock is a key issue there in this map, you can't break it. Best if it was removed and replaced with something else like cobblestone or stone. I mean, I am no builder, but can give my opinions if I would appreciate to see it in the game perhaps. Thanks for sharing your build it's awesome!
    <3

Posted Jul 28, 2020
  8. The map is really nice, and would be a wonderful thing to add to your Mineplex builder application. As you said it won't be submitted onto Mineplex which is fine, so I won't judge game play and focus mainly on aesthetics. Over all the map shows your ability to create well detailed structures without them appearing messy, over detailed and ugly. As well as good terrain. Although the terrain looks nice, I would work on one of you islands connecting to mid. Unlike the other islands that finish with a pointed end at the bottom, one has a more round shape which kind of messes with the continuity of the islands. Secondly some of the painting on your islands looks a bit messy such as the surfaces of the islands. Usually you don't want the stone blocks to be visible unless you add rocks. Although it works for the terrain you did, I would try to use less cobble, clay, and bedrock on the surface and try to detail it with something else (maybe add more colours). Also the tree's, although they look alright I feel like creating a more thick log would fit the theme of the build better. Because of the tree's being so tall the thin trunks make it look odd. Honestly this is just personal preference though. Finally you use some slabs on the tree's and on other tree's you don't, pick one theme it messes with the continuity of the build. The build really does look phenomenal though, really good work on the map.

Posted Jul 28, 2020
    PROSTONE likes this.
  9. Thank you for the kind words, and thank you for the tips

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 28, 2020
  10. Hey, this build is really nice! I've read through all the suggestions others have given and I've got a few ideas of my own, however first and foremost this build is incredible. I can tell you worked hard on this, and I think it would be a fantastic build to submit for your Builder application when you have the chance. The amount of detail you included is impeccable, however I would recommend adding some more color to your build. There's a lot of brown, green, and grey, but if you added some reds and yellows I think it would spruce up the atmosphere a little more. I would also recommend trying different types of logs for the trees, as well as making the trunks bigger and making them look different from each other. Each tree in your build looks generally the same, so if you tried adding different kinds of trees or trees in different shapes and sizes, that would make it more unique.

Otherwise, I think your build looks fantastic! Of course, my suggestions are down to personal preference, but I hope you can take some into consideration. Good luck on your application!

Posted Jul 29, 2020
  11. Heyo!

First and foremost, I just have to say that this build is magnificent! I can really see the effort that was put into this map. I commend you for your work! If I were to add a critique, I would say try to make the trees look a little different around each area. For example, the place where you first spawn can have one type of tree, while the rest of the map could have different types of trees. I know this seems small, but it's just something I would like to see! Other than that, I really am impressed and could never build something as amazing as this!

I can't wait to see your other builds in the future :)

Posted Jul 30, 2020
  12. Hellloooo

This is a super impressive build! Skywars maps are some of my favorite to critique and admire because of the amount of detail and precision it takes to create an acceptable map. Your building is immaculate, and I definitely can see this getting accepted, so it's a shame that it was too big. I love the overall style of the map, and it feels unique compared to the current map pool for Skywars. The sort of old/medieval style is one of my favorites for any build, and this one fits the game perfectly. You have incredible talent, and I hope you keep up the great work for the future! Thanks for sharing!

Posted Jul 31, 2020 at 2:10 AM
  13. Wow, I must say this is a very, very impressive build and after reading the other tips and comments from everyone else I'm sure you can make it even better, good luck!

Posted Jul 31, 2020 at 11:44 AM
  14. As this will not be submitted, I'm just going to judge it by appearance. Aesthetics wise, I really like the style and the blocks you used. It gives me a very strong ruin/jungle vibe which is one of my favourite themes. I also like the fact that you included the vines down throughout the bottom of the island, it makes it look like it's naturally flowing which is an awesome touch to add.

Posted Jul 31, 2020 at 4:31 PM
  15. Wow, this is truly great I can see you have put a lot of time into this and it really has paid off! I love the build and I wish I could build like this.

:)

Posted Jul 31, 2020 at 7:16 PM
  16. I am not a builder myself and you've definitely received a lot of amazing constructive criticism on the subject, so I just want to say that I think this is a beautiful build! I could see it being an official Skywars map with a few revisions here and there, the detail and overall theme of the map really is well done. I hope you are able to become an official Builder for the server, you truly have talent!

Posted Jul 31, 2020 at 7:27 PM
  17. My critics for fixing your map:

-Move the semi mid trees so that they're not blocking the shortest possible distance from player island to semi mid. It would be really annoying to bridge to semi mid and have a giant tree blocking your path

-Remove Bedrock, tnt can't explode it and that leads to camping

-Those trees can be a problem with how many leaves there are and how easily they can be camped on. EIther lower the trees, or have less leaves

-Make mid bigger, now that kb is a crucial part of the game, I can see tons of void kills and that's just going to be annoying

-The dips around the edges at mid are also going to be really annoying to fight near, raise them so it's flatter.

-Didn't show where the borders are, but I would have it ~8 blocks above the tallest point at mid

-Obv remove flatlands, around the map in an 8 chunk radius from all 4 corners

-Add the TNT data point at mid

-Move Cobwebs at player island to somewhere less intrusive bc players are definitely going to get stuck there more often than not.

Those were all critics for a Mineplex Skywars map, but some of those fit for most other skywars games too

Posted Aug 1, 2020 at 3:59 PM