• 388 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4399 Players Online
  • 4011 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Skywars Quads?

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by @$^*!), Mar 3, 2021.

?

Do you want skywars quads

1. yes

22.2%
  2. no

77.8%
  1. There is skywars solos and duos but no Quads. With 4 players. Skywars Quads is a good idea

Posted Mar 3, 2021
  2. While this sounds good in concept, I think we will quickly run into a lot of issues.

For one, it would split the playerbase. We would be sacrificing players on the other modes for this mode.

it also would be an absurdly large game. For one, each map has 12 islands. That would be a 48 person game. That could cause lag and it also could be an issue with games taking a lot time to fill then start.

Another issue would be that each island only has two chests. We would have to edit all the maps to add data points for more spawns per island and add more chests in, which is a lot of work.

While I think quads could be fun, I ultimately think that it would take a lot of time to implement and take away from our other skywars games. Maybe if it was a limited time thing or a once per hour thing but personally I think it would be a better use of our resources to update and refine existing things rather than spreading the playerbase among variants of the same game.

Thanks for your idea!
    Walker

Posted Mar 3, 2021
    chrvssy and yvuggu like this.
  3. you have a point, but to reduce lag, less islands. Like cake wars quads has less than duos, but it will still take a long time to implement everything

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 5, 2021
  4. limited is a good idea but it switches per month or week, holiday is too long

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 5, 2021