• 99 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3493 Players Online
  • 3394 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Skywars Kits

Discussion in 'Skywars' started by incerts, Jul 27, 2021.

?

If balanced, would you want the SW v2 kits back?

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    94.4%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. Hello Mineplex!

I think that when I say that v3 is not the greatest, I think I speak for a lot of other players around the community. The Skywars v2 kits gave the game mode a new and unique twist to Skywars. Dirt kit made the achievements worth doing instead of just doing all these achievements for nothing but a lightning strike.

IF the kits were balanced, and some new features to make the experience a little more interesting, would you want to revert back to the old kits?

Posted Jul 27, 2021
  2. I'd want to revert back to version 2 even if there were no changes/balances tbh

Posted Jul 27, 2021
    Fusafez, Amg, FREAKINGNICK and 3 others like this.
  3. yeah people tend to like winning

Posted Jul 27, 2021
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  4. Nah not even, V2 was just a million times more interesting and unique. Of course it'd be great if we could get balances for certain kits but, in general, even if we weren't able to get those balances I'd love V2 to come back. On no other server have I come across Skywars like the one that Mineplex had, and it's clear from the player count the game had in the past vs now that many players thought the same. It's not only about winning, but about the fun you had along the way.

Posted Jul 27, 2021
    Fusafez and incerts like this.
  5. Im not sure, but as far as I recall, the bedrock edition of skywars never got kits. Im not quite sure why. Even if it was something simple like blocks or a pearl or some diamond sword/armor, kits would make a difference.

Posted Jul 27, 2021
  6. Bedrock actually used to have the V2 skywars kits like java did, but they were removed in early 2020 for the lobby update. I believe the reason was because they were buggy and unbalanced, but I’d love to see them fixed up and either brought back as kits, or maybe bring those kit abilities into the loot pool like java currently has it.

Posted Jul 27, 2021
  7. V2 back !!! :potato:

║░█░█░║░█░█░█░║░█░█░║
    ║░█░█░║░█░█░█░║░█░█░║
    ║░║░║░║░║░║░║░║░║░║░║
    ╚═╩═╩═╩═╩═╩═╩═╩═╩═╩═╝

Posted Jul 27, 2021
    incerts likes this.
  8. playercount argument for a single game lol

Posted Jul 27, 2021
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  9. V2 was the best Skywars version in most ways. I liked PvP a lot more, I liked the loot chests a lot more, and I definitely liked kits more. Actually allowed for some strategy even if 2 of the kits weren't used that often. And like you mentioned, having the Earth Kit as an Achievement Kit gave you something to try and achieve, V3 doesn't have that at all. If the option arises, i'm all for V3 skywars

Posted Jul 28, 2021
    incerts likes this.
  10. I know that I stopped playing it the second V3 was out and know others that have done so. So yes, I will use the player count as an argument in this case, because a ton of people dislike the version and stopped playing because of it \o/ Even with the dropped player count on the entire server, Skywars used to be one of the most popular games around - and now it barely makes any lobbies (especially in Teams). Always a sad thing to see

Posted Jul 28, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.
  11. That's because the only people left at the end of v2 were the win grinders and the hackers. Of course the grinders would hate a version where they couldn't abuse air kit for easy wins. Not to say v3 doesn't have flaws or the concept of kits is bad, but imo those people would have hated it if we balanced the kits instead anyways.

Posted Jul 29, 2021
    Augend likes this.
  12. And what exactly is V3 composed of at the moment? I don't think that's a fair argument at all considering that has not changed, from my experience the only games with mainly casual playerbases and less hackers/trolls are SB and BLD

I remember I used to play Skywars and record videos with my friends. We were having fun, doing challenges and all the rest, not grinding for wins too much. There were some grinders ofc like StoneColdKiller for example (although he was cool), but you're going to find those absolutely everywhere. I don't really remember only those types of people at the time, but to be fair I was not around the end of V2 as I stopped playing in 2017/early 2018, so if anything changed from then until the update then I missed it.

Posted Jul 30, 2021,
    Last edited Jul 30, 2021
  13. v3 is composed of nobody because the server is composed of nobody at this point. You're basing your stance on v2 off of 3-4 years ago, we still actually had a casual playerbase then. I could win off of trackpad on a laptop in skywars 2018, that is not reflective of the state of the game at the end of v2. It was literally who is better at using leap wins.

And you say the building games are the only games that have a casual playerbase, which may be true, but that hasn't always been the case. When you balance games in a way that enables the best players to be even better (air kit, old frosting from cw, old knight from sg, basically the busted kits), it makes the game near unwinnable and not fun for the everyday player. Mineplex has been so bad about this that our casual playerbase is pretty much extinct. And yes content draught also contributes, but players are a lot more happy having no updates when they arn't getting stomped by people who are already better than them using OP kits every game.

The only circumstance in which I would be okay to see v2 return is that if it kept the new kb system and leap was removed from the game completely.

Posted Jul 31, 2021,
    Last edited Jul 31, 2021
    Augend likes this.
  14. As I mentioned in my previous reply, Skywars used to be one of the most popular game modes so, proportion-wise, the playerbase in SKY has dropped a good bit since the update. I know the entire player base has gotten many times smaller for tons of reasons, so I'm not blaming Skywars for that (my bad if I came across that way). Also, I used to win by spamming dirt, lmao. Air kit never phased me too much but a lot of players used it

And yeah, I agree with your next point. Obviously certain kits will be unbalanced which is why, I believe, they should have simply been reworked to be more balanced rather than completely removing them from the game. You can't say the playerbase, proportionally, didn't drop because of the update. I'm in full support of balances btw, because it's not fun, as you said, to go against a completely busted kit. Arguably though, it's still is more interesting than having a cps war at mid. Which is why I personally want it back.

Yeah the new kb system should be brought to v2 and leap could be removed. And then anything else that made the game so unbearable to play

Posted Jul 31, 2021
    SpitefulNick likes this.