• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11081 Players Online
  • 8191 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Skywars & General Game Update (07/26/2020)

Discussion in 'Update Changelogs' started by Moppletop, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Although I don't play much Skywars, in the discord, it seems as some of the community is upset with the current situation of Skywars. Now, I personally like how Skywars was before the update, although I honestly don't really mind this update. I think it was fine how it was, and that this was not the update the player base of skywars wanted. Now, I don't want to get into why I dislike this change, as it's been talked about above although I think that being rude is not the way to go about this. I think we should be glad at the hard work our GI team and leadership team has put into this update with all the fixes and the even more fixes that came after this. I'm personally very happy with the update aside from the Skywars situation, and I can't wait to see more updates come out.

Posted Jul 27, 2020
  2. not really a fan of the sw update, i liked sw on mineplex bc it was different from hypixel and other servers but now its the same, worse even :/ especially with kits removed etc, disappointed

Posted Jul 28, 2020
    MrShadowq likes this.
  3. Exactly! Mineplex's SkyWars were unique, just like CakeWars are (for now) and I really, really enjoyed playing em.
    I hope something will be done about this... c;

Posted Jul 28, 2020,
    Last edited Jul 28, 2020
    Starx280 and aamna like this.
  4. Safe Teleports still exist. The only thing I think is bad about this update is the loot pool, it's way too cluttered there's way too much to keep in your inventory, and people get full diamond way too quickly.

Posted Jul 28, 2020
    aamna, Legend998 and Jaek like this.
  5. bruh why change the kits they were all fine except Air its op to have leap and the eye it should if you use one you can't use the other

Posted Jul 28, 2020
  6. Can't wait to play it when I come back!

Posted Jul 29, 2020
  7. Cool but bring back UHC

Posted Jul 29, 2020
    landay and aamna like this.
  8. Hello!

I kinda like this update as it gives really cool kit abilities in chests, but I dislike the fact the my inventory gets cluttered really easily after killing people, and that a person can get diamond armor and pearls in the side/connector islands which I believe should only be in the middle. Besides those things, I like both versions of skywars old and new, but I’m fine if it doesn’t get reverted either. I’m just happy the developers finally put some work into something, even if we may not all appreciate the end result since skywars was not updated in a long time. However, I do believe that Mineplex could do a much better job in some of these updates since they were once a server consisting of 50K people! Overall, thank you for this update, and I’ll be happily waiting for some more!

Thank you for reading my brief post, and have a nice day!

Posted Jul 29, 2020,
    Last edited Jul 29, 2020
  9. Kinda..., well really bad. Poor design where Do i even begin. I think it would be better if you just reverted it back.

Posted Jul 29, 2020
    aamna likes this.
  10. yeah i hope so too, everything’s all over the place, way too much to handle and not really fun, I liked how simple it was before, it was actually enjoyable ;( my favourite game tbh

Posted Jul 29, 2020
    MrShadowq likes this.
  11. I like the majority of the changes, but am upset they are removing Skyfall from mps. I've been waiting for so long for y'all to fix Skyfall in mps, as whenever I try to play pvp is turned off. Even though it doesn't really change anything now that it's gone, for me it is just conformation that you won't be fixing it. Plus, switching to skyfall was a good way to make an MPS's player count smaller. Have too many people? Just switch to Skyfall and half the people are gone. Has worked for me in the past when I want to play speed builders or master builders, but there are too many people.

Posted Jul 30, 2020
    Starx280 likes this.
  12. Nice

Posted Jul 30, 2020
  13. Hey,

Thank you guys so much for the update! I know there are MANY people who are VERY grateful for those bug fixes and revamped teaming system... Now I can join a game of turf wars and not end up on a team with randoms fighting off against a team of level 80s - 100s who are pro at turf wars. :D

-Dan

Posted Jul 31, 2020 at 2:12 AM
    Young_Inventor likes this.
  14. It is a good update, but I don't like that you removed the Zombie Guardians in the center island since that's what made it challenging.

Posted Jul 31, 2020 at 5:00 PM
  15. I was playing some Skywars BEFORE I read about this update, and then when I went to the center island, I asked myself, "Where are the Zombie Guardians?!?!?!!!".

Posted Jul 31, 2020 at 5:06 PM
  16. Greetings!

This is an outstanding update and one that the community has patiently been waiting on. I've played recently and I personally enjoy the new armor and simple implementations that make Skywars much better and more smoother to play on. I like the idea of new kits and adding the old kits into chests for everyone to receive which is amazing to see. Furthermore, I enjoy the numerous newly implemented maps that are larger for the various new players that the update has attracted. Overall, one of the best updates I've seen in a while. Good work!

Posted Jul 31, 2020 at 5:18 PM
  17. lol so many suck ups in the first page, but it's pretty expected, after all, the first page is full of staff. on another note, the update is trash...

Posted Aug 2, 2020 at 11:02 AM
  18. Another dope update from Moppletop.

Posted Aug 3, 2020 at 12:32 AM
  19. please revert the acheivments. 500 wins is way too much. it should be 100 at max

Posted Aug 3, 2020 at 5:18 AM
    Legend998 likes this.
  20. There are too many abilities to manage now, like aside from my regular hotbar setup I've also gotta make room for all these different items that do different things? It's not crazy difficult or anything, but I could see it being overwhelming for newer or more casual players.

Also wow do I hate the magnet, I know it was a thing in the previous version as well but I almost never encountered anyone using the kit back then. It just feels really cheap to be thrown into the void with literally 1 click.

Also why can't you use ice bridges in the air anymore?

Posted Aug 3, 2020 at 9:47 AM
    joshbet9 and Jango_55 like this.