• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10343 Players Online
  • 7453 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Skywars & General Game Update (07/26/2020)

Discussion in 'Update Changelogs' started by Moppletop, Jul 26, 2020.

1. [​IMG]

Hello everyone, today we have a brand new update for Skywars.

Skywars Changes:

• Removed old Skywars Elemental kits
    • The elemental items can now be found in chests.
    • Added the "Pumpkin Pie" item which grants players Speed 1 for 5 seconds.
    • Added the "Zombie Guardian Egg" which spawns a zombie guardian where the egg lands to fight for you.
    • Knockback has been changed to be the same as Cake Wars.
    • Chest loot has been adjusted.
    • Chests can no longer be broken.
    • Increased the ore count in Solo, reduced the ore count in Teams.
    • Enchanting is now capped at Level 2.
    • Removed the Zombie Guardians in the centre of the map.
    • Throwable TNT can now direct hit.
    • Removed kit levels, players will be refunded during an update next week.
    • Changed the corruption block palette to look a lot nicer.
    • Added corruption back to the scoreboard.
    • Skywars Teams stats now count towards achievements.
    Kit levels will be refunded to all players as part of an update next week.
    These changes were suggested by the Game Insights team.

Other Changes:
    • Fixed an issue where the item name would appear instead of the ability in the "killed player with weapon" message.
    • Tracking Compasses now appear when you first get teleported into the game.
    • Friends are no longer placed on the same team.
    • Party members are now shuffled when being placed on a team. To clarify, parties are still placed on the same team however, the order it attempts to place members of the party on a team is now randomised.
    • Removed spawn protection in One in the Quiver.
    • Fixed an issue where no back button would appear in the MPS game selection menu.
    • Fixed an issue where players would spawn in "invisible chunks".
    • Fixed an issue where gadgets like Melon Launcher, Flesh Hooks, wouldn't work in Game Lobbies.
    • Skyfall is no longer playable in MPS.
    • Water now only flows downwards in Bridges.
    • Fixed an issue in Bridges where Bombers would be able to duplicate their TNT.
    • Fixed an issue in Bridges where the bridges would spawn partially when the game started.
    • Fixed an issue in Bridges where crafting tables were unusable by other players.
    • Fixed an issue with "Kill players with fists" achievements would count if you switched item slots.
    • Fixed several issues in Speed Builders related to players quitting at unexpected times, causing rounds to skip or builds/holograms to remain.
    • Fixed an issue in Speed Builders where players could fall through the world in spectator mode.
    • Added the "pong" sound back to when the game is about the start.
    Let us know what you think, we're already working on the next update so stay tuned!

Posted Jul 26, 2020,
    Last edited Jul 26, 2020
  2. Very nice update :)

Posted Jul 26, 2020
    Muf, Paiynz and Danilo like this.
  3. bad

Posted Jul 26, 2020
    Legend998, GAM, Flalen™ and 14 others like this.
  4. gg :)

Posted Jul 26, 2020
  5. Nice update! Happy to see a lot of fixes have been done too!

Posted Jul 26, 2020,
    Last edited Jul 26, 2020
  6. This update is great! Keep up the good work!

Posted Jul 26, 2020
  7. Nice update! Look forward to test those new features and fixes wink wink

Posted Jul 26, 2020
    Im_Ken likes this.
  8. Thanks so much to everyone who put effort into this update whether it was testing, pitching forth ideas, and of course, developing.

We are Skywarriors.

Posted Jul 26, 2020
  9. dog update

Posted Jul 26, 2020
  10. great update

Posted Jul 26, 2020
    GAM likes this.
  11. pog (not for sw tho)

EDIT:
    Next update: "we're adding a kit to Speed Builders that allows you to skip builds because new players have it so hard that it's not fair. People who spend countless hours learning how to play shouldn't have a better chance of winning that randos."

Posted Jul 26, 2020,
    Last edited Jul 26, 2020
    Legend998, Jocoe, RiotRealm and 4 others like this.
  12. What are the tiers for each level of the tiered achievements? I maxed them out automatically. Also not pleased with the loot pool changes. I like a lot of the changes, but some of them just ruin the game for me.

Posted Jul 26, 2020
    leon[fxnki] likes this.
  13. Interesting update. Skywars has been in need of an update for a while, so it's great to see this! I haven't played it too much yet, but I do like that you can still get some of the old kit abilities in chests instead of removing them completely. The addition of things like the speed pumpkin pie are interesting and provide a unique aspect. I used to play Skywars a lot, however I don't as much as I used to, so this will be a great way to get back into the game again.

Posted Jul 26, 2020
    ItsMeDan17 and Currensy_ like this.
  14. Ayy, Skywars update is now live! Thanks everyone for helping about that update especially to GI for creating plan for that update and to QAT as well as to GI for testing that.

I hope it will be liked by players since it's actually almost rebranding of Skywars and first update for that game since 2018. Make sure to thank Sam aka Moppletop for creating all that. I'm so excited about what we are going to get in the near future, so be prepared.

Posted Jul 26, 2020
    GAM, ItsMeDan17 and Im_Ken like this.
  15. Cool update lads

Posted Jul 26, 2020
  16. Kinda bad update, its a lot more like hypixel skywars now except the kits, I think its terrible except for the corruption texture because that looks sick

Posted Jul 26, 2020
    Jocoe, aamna, avski2004 and 4 others like this.
  17. Thank you for removing oitq spawn prot

Posted Jul 26, 2020
    GAM, ItsMeDan17 and Offline like this.
  18. If it would be possible could you give some feedback on how it could be better? For example, what you would want to be modified from the current state, added from the current and old state and added back from the old state, that would be helpful for them to take away as we are listening to player feedback!

I honestly think it's a nice update, hopefully we see these more regularly and with regular feedback and regular updates, hopefully, more updates will get more positive community reaction. I know people are upset about the SkyWars change but give it a few days, change is hard and I remember people were somewhat upset about the Butch queuing system but now people seem to like it as a feature so give it a chance.

And one more thing, parties have not been "removed" in a sense that you can't get on the same team anymore, that simply means that if you're in a group of say 10 people in Cake Wars but the teams are only 4, the people that get on the same team in the party are randomized each time.

Posted Jul 26, 2020
    ItsMeDan17, Zyta (Zayta) and chrvssy like this.
  19. Nice update but RIP skyfall in MPS's, I still enjoyed playing that haha

Posted Jul 26, 2020
    GAM likes this.
  20. Amazing update, I don’t play Skywars but I’m really happy with the bug fixes (especially in SB) and changes.

Posted Jul 26, 2020
    GAM, ItsMeDan17 and PieOrPi like this.