• 706 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4006 Players Online
  • 3300 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Skywars Chest Refill

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Cakeys, Nov 23, 2020.

Tags:
  1. There should really be chest refills in skywars, right now the loot pool is completely broken and it’s just a case of whoever gets to mid first and gets the loot wins. It gives no chance to other players, or casual players who are inexperienced with rushing. The healing pool is also broken, there’s barely any ways to heal other than soups, which golden apples or regen pots could be added. If refills were added, it would give players an actual chance to win against full diamond players, with an absurd amount of pearls and soups.

Posted Nov 23, 2020
  2. Seems like a pretty interesting idea, although the difference with Skywars compared to Survival Games is that it's more fast-paced. Instead of running around the map for gear as you do in SG, in SW you just rush to the middle for better loot. This keeps the games fast and keeps people more interested. Some of the games on the network aren't as new player friendly because people don't take the time to invest and learn how to play it. For instance, Bridges is a game mode that doesn't get too many active lobbies during the day, most new players don't want to spend 10+ minutes mining for loot before they actually get to PvP and play. Champions runs into the same issues, as Domination can take up to 10-15 minutes to finish a single game. Players just don't want to invest the time or don't understand the objective so they lose interest. With Skywars it's a lot simpler, you start off on your own island, and are given 2 choices. You can either bridge to the middle for better loot or you can stay on your island and mine for better armor, although generally you get outclassed by people who rushed middle.

I think a chest refill could be interesting and might be a nice way to give players who didn't initially rush a chance at winning. If you refill all the chests on the map with decent items (maybe diamonds, a diamond piece, soups, ability items, enderpearls, etc.) then it could help even the odds. Although, I think players who initially rush middle should have an advantage (maybe the refilled chests aren't AS good as the initial middle chests but can still give decent items). As for the healing items I don't see an issue with it so +1 overall from me.

Posted Nov 24, 2020
    lmmortalize likes this.
  3. yea I understand your perspective, but really players who rush mid will still have an advantage for the beginning half of the game, and they would still have a good chance to get more items from refills, but at least it would give players with like iron armour a chance to fight back

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 24, 2020
    lmmortalize likes this.
  4. Yes I have readed your post and I also believe a chest refill after something like 85% of chest are looted that a refill is necessary to keep the game going longer If that is what you mean.

Posted Nov 24, 2020
  5. As someone who plays Skywars and sometimes ends up getting to Mid slower than others, I wholeheartedly agree with chest refill being implemented. Many players that are more experienced and can speedbridge / get lucky with pearls get to middle and hog all the diamond armor and better tier materials, making it difficult to fight back against them. Adding in chest refill could add a more competitive edge to the game for those who are newer or not as quick to get to mid, and could make the games more interesting.

I also like the idea of having more regeneration options even if I am a bit iffy on its implementation, but I would not mind seeing things like Golden apples introduced (though have them be rarer or harder to find) as this again, adds to the competitiveness of the game and makes it fairer for those who might not have the best armor near the end. All-in-all, would definitely like to see this implemented, great suggestion!

Posted Nov 24, 2020
    KroxyBoi and HurtingSouls like this.
  6. I agree with this as i am usually slower to get to mid and would love to still have a chance to get decent loot, i don't really have any wins as i haven't really played all that much but i still think its a great idea as Im pretty sure other servers have this implemented already.

Posted Nov 24, 2020
  7. I think this is a solid suggestion. I have had multiple times where I play Skywars and I end up being a little slower then everyone else to middle due to RNG with chests and where I spawn. I feel like this would encourage newer or less experienced plays to enjoy the game and give everybody a more fair chance. The games current state is whoever gets to middle wins first, and while this is good for fast-paced action, I wouldn't mind seeing a midway chest refill around the entire map.

- Lucas

Posted Nov 25, 2020
  8. I thought I already responded to this but I guess not.

Anyways, my response is no. Skywars is a really fast paced game compared to SG or other combat games on the server. It's my most-played game so I'm speaking from experience when I say that game ends really really quickly for the most part, I'm talking 8 minutes or less. Even if a chest refill existed 5 minutes into the game, that would only fill up people's inventories and waste time. Map corruption really pushes the game to go by quick also. The only times it really lasts longer than that is if it's a 1v1 or 1v1v1. But you wouldn't need new items.

Also, there's a huge amount of chests for how small the maps are in SKY already - you can also gather your own resources like diamonds and blocks already.

I just don't see a need for it. I could see why you would think it, perhaps looking at other servers, but imo the way Mineplex's Skywars works with the small maps and huge variety of items, it would do more harm than good, or just wouldn't be used at all.

Posted Nov 25, 2020