• 1521 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9959 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Skylands and chicken camping

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by PapiKirito, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Do you play ssm? If yes, chances are you've played the map Skylands and come across a camping chicken (or magma).

It's annoying, time consuming, and just generally not fun to have to deal with people who play like this. If you are lucky enough to be playing a class that can track them down (wolf or spider), good on you. But if you're not, then you might as well just leave the lobby. Camping and running is not too much an issue on most maps, simply because they tend to be smaller and harder to run on. However, on Skylands due to the big map and high trees, camping is easy to pull off. Now some people might say "well yeah, but you can just starve them out", which is true if you manage to dodge the egg and missile spam, but... how is that fun or good for the game? Who would want to play a game where you just essentially wait for the other person to die naturally? Not many people. Now this has as much to do with the lack of kit balancing than it does with the particular map; many chickens see this as the only way to win due to having low kill power and one of, if not the weakest armor class in the game.

So what can be done? Well two things; we should buff chicken while also editing skylands. I think chicken should see a slight upgrade in armor (or really any balanced buff to the class) while also cutting down the trees on Skylands to be short enough for all classes to double jump onto (or just remove the trees or map entirely).

Posted Jul 14, 2019
    Task and Dinnersaur_ like this.
  2. I agree completely with your concept. I do find it quite annoying for these kits to camp. However, I don't agree with buffing chicken. If you buff it, people will be even more stronger and they have an easy get away from you. Chicken and magma themselves are low tiered classes and one of their strongest traits is their getaways and the fact that they can camp well in order to beat higher armored kits. Magma has alright armor but if it kills you the magma's hitbox goes up so that's convenient. Chicken's hitbox is very small. Buffing chicken would not solve the problem. Editing the map however might be something taken into consideration. The only thing is most kits have a recovery that allows them to be able to climb the trees fast, or you can climb the wooden tower. You can climb it very fast with the triple jump ability as well. Also, if chicken was buffed, it would take more time for other kits to kill them. For example, a fully charged zombie bow shot twice at the chicken kills it, and tagged with deaths grasp can 1 shot the chicken. That levels the playing field if a chicken camps. Even if the chicken got buffed, they can easily camp because of the flying abilities. Skylands isn't the only map with this problem. Re-fixing all maps would take a very long time.
    Overall, I agree that it's quite annoying and not fun to deal with runners and campers, but most kits can take down chicken. Magma also has the increasing hitbox which means they can also be taken down. Especially ranged kits like zombie and skeleton can take down those kits. Re-editing maps to make them accessible for all kits to climb is a lot of unnecessary time I don't think the builders need to do because each and every kit has a recovery move and most kits can catch up to chicken and magma. I do agree with how time consuming chicken and magma take up but on the bright side you earn more rewards. The other good thing is if the other person gets a smash crystal the camping kit will be taken down. If they come out of hiding then the other person might have the upper hand. I definitely think that because chicken and magma are not very strong, they need to be able to escape quickly. Buffing their damage from for example egg blaster or chicken missile might be too op.

Posted Jul 16, 2019
  3. I agree that it is annoying for people, especially chickens to be camping, but I don't think buffing them would stop them from camping. In fact, it would just make it harder to kill them. I don't really know if this would help, but it's the only way I can think of. If you know that there will be a chicken on Skylands, then you could try using blaze against them. You could maybe activate firefly somewhere they can't cancel it and just fly it up to them, which will deal knockback and some damage. Another thing about blaze is inferno spam, so you can just use that on the chicken. So you can have some nice KFC too ;)

Changing the map would be alright too but who knows if it will actually be done

Posted Jul 16, 2019
  4. I think chicken needs to get attack and armor buffs but get rid of the chicken missle instant recharge on a hit as it is way too spammy and annoying to deal with. An armor buff with no nerf to chicken missle would just make the running worse.

Posted Jul 17, 2019
  5. In my opinion, it has nothing to do with the kits (might be biased since I main villager so I can outchase literally every kit), I think that the hunger mechanic needs to be harshened and personalized per kit, such as how knockback varies. Time to make a post because that gave me an idea, just know that if you struggle with camping kits play something faster, there's a reason most slow kits aren't that popular and it's because of that bustedly slow starve mechanic

Posted Jul 17, 2019
  6. Can't wait for Skylands Modified!

Posted Jul 18, 2019