• 380 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6214 Players Online
  • 5834 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Skyblock

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by MasterKyle08, Apr 12, 2021.

?

Would this be a good idea?

1. Yes

18.2%
  2. No

54.5%
  3. Maybe

27.3%
  1. I know a lot of servers have sky lock but a custom made version similar to clans might help the server. You can have a reward for the player with the most points, money or whatever is best with the reward being a free rank upgrade. I understand this may not be the best idea for a reward but it would encourage players to get on, both old and new. If the winner has the best rank they can get something else of value.
    This could help out the server!

Posted Apr 12, 2021
  2. they have it on bedrock and it was the worst , i could make a better one and its been offline for months now

Posted Apr 12, 2021
  3. lol i could have made a better one in vanilla with no mods, etc

Posted Apr 12, 2021
  4. it was bad didnt play long i quit after my 34 double chests full of logs got cleared

Posted Apr 12, 2021
  5. lol rip those logs, team trees is sad now

Posted Apr 12, 2021
    Orangey likes this.
  6. I think it would be interesting to see SkyBlock implemented on our Java server (and updated on the Bedrock server). I know a lot of other popular servers have SkyBlock and it tends to be one of the more popular game modes in those it's present in. I've played a tiny bit of SkyBlock in my time so I don't know a ton about it but I'd definitely be willing to learn and see how it would fare on Mineplex. I know that the development team is currently in the process of creating a new game mode for the Java server so, if it isn't SkyBlock, I would definitely be interested in potentially seeing this game mode in the future.

While your idea for a free rank upgrade is interesting, I'd like any type of reward for a SkyBlock game mode to be more directly related to SkyBlock itself whether this be SkyBlock-only cosmetics, different types of furniture, or new/exclusive NPCs that you can add to your island.

In conclusion, I think it would definitely be interesting to see player reactions to a SkyBlock addition and determine if this is a type of game mode that can create a higher retention rate for Java players. Of course, I would like to see some sort of twist that makes Mineplex's SkyBlock different from other servers' version of the game mode, but I'm sure that something like that can be determined further down the road if this game mode ever makes it to the development drawing board.

Posted Apr 18, 2021
    maevestarbaby likes this.
  7. I play a lot of skyblock on hypixel and I would love to have a unique version of it on Mineplex too. The only things I'm concerned about are A) the laziness of developers, since this would be a huge and time consyming project and B) the player count. Since Mineplex doesn't have nearly as many players as servers like hypixel, the low number of players can cause unfairness in the skyblock economy and stuff

Posted May 4, 2021
    Orangey and mab8400 like this.
  8. misplaced. One on Bedrock worked for like a month I think, and besides, skyblock is a little boring, isn't it? You punch down a tree with your bare hands, full of the edge and lose everything, and then quit. (At least thats how I played it.)

Posted May 4, 2021
  9. If you're not a complete moron, it's quite fun

Posted May 4, 2021
  10. I'm pretty sure you're insulting me, and I do not like that. >=/

Posted May 4, 2021
  11. dude it's the internet :/

Anyways the skyblock on bedrock had no twist and was just terrible. Honestly, if it's just raw skyblock, I don't want it. If there won't be any twist or let alone challenges or something.

Posted May 4, 2021
  12. it would have to be a new type of it, not a copy of hypixle, or cubecraft. The devs are just not going too, it takes time and effort.

Posted May 5, 2021
    Orangey likes this.
  13. cubecraft but also a few other bedrock servers have skyblock? idk the names i only play mineplex xD dont even look at he others only checked skyblock when my friend told me but it seems the same hub/islands/challenges/ pay to win minions

Posted May 5, 2021
  14. yea, mineplex would need to do better. Take some ideas from hypixle, but dont copy it. I just think the devs wont do it.

Posted May 5, 2021
  15. Yeah I agree, a casual game like that would suit a grand deal of the player base and the network. I suggested this as well in my own Skyblock thread, outlining a lot of reasons as to why it would be perfect for Java. It would require a ton of developer time which we do not have right now, though, especially with Moppletop leaving, but maybe new developers AlexTheCoder hires will be able to create something like this nicely and quick enough.

Posted May 5, 2021
  16. what. no matter what it is vanilla aight gonna cut it bud.

Posted May 5, 2021
  17. Needs to have things added like shops, events, custom loot and so much more

Posted May 5, 2021
    Ducksicle and Orangey like this.