• 421 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2401 Players Online
  • 1980 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Skyblock quests

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by Dylan_67, Jul 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don't know if this is already planned or not but I had this idea and thought it would be fun and add more to skyblock.

Lets get into it, Skyblock is a fun gamemode but when you really look at it its fairy bland, once you get your island set up your basically done. My idea is to have a book in your inventory that you can't lose that has many different quests to complete sort of like villager trades for example collect a certain number of wool sell it for like water bucket or maybe a wolf spawn egg. And some missions that are more difficult could reward you with shards and gems. I love skyblock and just started a new island with my gf and its already fun but quests could make it a little more.

Posted Jul 15, 2020
  2. Hey! This is definitely an interesting idea. I agree that Skyblock as it is can get a bit boring and repetitive. There's not much to really do, and I think it could definitely use something like this. I like the overall concept of having "Quests" or "Missions". It would add a nice twist to the game, and give a bit more to the game itself. I do have a few questions though, such as how many quests would there be in total? Or is there an infinite number? What happens after you complete all of them if there is a limit? You would also need quest ideas for however many quests there are, and implementing something like that might take quite a while. I'm not sure how I feel about rewarding players with shards and gems, as SkyBlock isn't an actual game. I think that if a shop were to be added, and a currency, then you should be rewarded with a certain amount of that currency after completing a quest. Other than that, you could also be rewarded with items in game. If you were to be rewarded with shards and gems, I don't think it should be that much. Anyway, the overall idea of quests is nice, but it would take some thought, and possibly a while to implement.

Posted Jul 16, 2020
    Polar8 likes this.
  3. I don't play Bedrock too often, but this idea doesn't sound like a bad idea.

It would maybe allow players to play Skyblock more often. However, as LT Tombstone 77 said, you need to give more details on Quests.

I have also seen this idea on many other Skyblock servers in Java. Some players enjoy Quests in general, and some players despise them in general. But at the end of the day, they are optional, so nobody should be complaining really. Quests are great for the players that enjoy grinding in a game. Quests would hopefully increase the number of players that play Skyblock since some players enjoy them.

This idea could work, and I give it a +1!

Thank you for sharing.

Posted Jul 16, 2020
    LT Tombstone 77 likes this.
  4. Yeah the shards and gems was a long shot and I know it would take a bit to make
    Yeah the gems and shards were a long shot and I defiantly know It would take a bit, the quests could be monthly having differnt rewards each month and specials on holidays like jack o lanterns for halloween maybe or it can be a shop type thing where theres a list that just grows with user suggestions and developer ideas. In my current skyblock a glitch didn't give me water from my second ice block so now I'm stuck unable to make a infinite water source. Adding the shop/quest system would give players acess to stuff like that and something that would also be able to be done is trading oak logs for other types of wood. I'm gonna think up a list

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 16, 2020
    LT Tombstone 77 likes this.
  5. Quest list

2 Oak logs = 1 (Birch, Acia, etc log)

5 Diamonds - Lava bucket or Water bucket

64 Bones - Wolf spawn egg

25 Gold - 1 sugar cane

15 Diamonds - Enchanting table

1 diamond - Bookshelf

5 iron = Sand

5 Iron = Gravel

15 Diamonds = 5 Ice

32 fish (Any kind) = Cat spawn egg

25 Iron = 25 Seeds

30 Diamonds = Enchanted Gold apple

30 Gold = Nether brewing items (Blaze powder, Ghast tears, etc)

25 Gold = other brewing ingredients

5 Diamond = 1 Ender pearl

20 gold = Nether bricks

64 Diamonds = 1 Nether star

5 Nether stars = Mob spawner

2 Nether stars = Passive Mob spawn eggs

And many more could be added

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 17, 2020
  6. It sounds more like shop (which is also needed).
    Missions were recently added, but I don't now how to open them (/missions doesn't work)

Posted Aug 14, 2020
    Dylan_67 likes this.
  7. Bedrock GI has plans to add lots of different and more intriguing features to Skyblock, including quests. Skyblock is in a very experimental stage at the moment with not many activities to do, and we understand that this might not be fun for you guys as the players. However, this allows us to come up with unique ideas that will improve your long-term experience.

Thanks for this suggestion, feel free to suggest more ideas.
    - Thread locked, marked as "Processed"!

Posted Sep 30, 2020
    landay, LT Tombstone 77 and Nolawn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.