• 468 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3047 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion SkyBlock Gamemode

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by OnceSpoken, Jan 12, 2020.

?

Should this be implemented?

1. yes

100.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Reading this title, you’re probably thinking,”Once, what are you doing? Mineplex is a mini game server!”

Although that may be true, I feel like the addition of SkyBlock would attract a different group of players to the server. I used to play SkyBlock very often, and it was a very popular game on many servers. There are essentially two versions that you can make SkyBlock in:

1. Traditional SkyBlock:
    In Traditional SkyBlock, you essentially have less power. There is no shop, no PvP, just you and your island. Most SkyBlock Plugins for Bedrock aren’t built this way, so it would take some time to develop.

2. “OP” SkyBlock:
    In “OP” SkyBlock, there is a lot more power and you are in a lot more control. There is a huge shop that has things you can buy. There is a currency system based off of things you sell for currency. This has PvP and is what most SkyBlock core plugins use.

In my opinion, I would stick with the Traditional SkyBlock. It would be very unique and great to see happen. If this were to happen, I would love to see islands have levels to level up. Every block you broke was a point toward getting leveled up. Once you get leveled up, the invisible barrier that keeps you from massively expanding your island extends.

Although this would be difficult to develop, and would take time, I feel like it would impact the community in a positive way and help the server grow.

Posted Jan 12, 2020
    DevAwsome1 likes this.
  2. This would've been a great idea if it wasn't an over saturated gamemode. There are many Minecraft servers that have this game-mode and they don't really get great numbers because there's not much you can change within Skyblock. Mineplex already gets heat for "copying servers" so this would just add fire to the fuel considering a direct competitor of Mineplex has this game on their server. We already have Clans on the server which is sort of like Skyblock but without an island. We already have a Clans Management team that maintains the server, would there have to be a Skyblock Management or would the CM team handle it?

Posted Jan 14, 2020
    zHalo likes this.
  3. The thing is clans doesn’t get enough dev time.

Posted Jan 14, 2020
    FluteVegetables, Glummes and zHalo like this.
  4. Hello,

I have three topics I'd like to bring up here on this idea. Firstly, Mineplex is a minigame server but considering we have clans there's no reason why we shouldn't have Skyblock. If we were to implement Skyblock it'd have to be very unique so it stands out from other servers instead of being blamed for "copying" others like what @Glummes states in his reply that you can't really change much of Skyblock and that could backfire easily.

Secondly, would this project get enough development? Mineplex has a lot to do in terms of game updates and many other different things and it'd take up a lot of time from developers which we can't get back which could be used on improving our current game-modes and making them better.

Thirdly, again bouncing off of what @Glummes said was would there be a new management team for this? It'd be tricky to organize a new team and new team administrator because possible no one would be interested in being the team admin for this or even being apart of the team.

I'm not too sure about this so I'll give it a +0.

Yours Sincerely,

Posted Jan 14, 2020
    Glummes likes this.
  5. Thanks for the feedback! I really agree with all of the feedback, I feel like it wouldn’t have to be implemented immediately, whenever the developers have extra time

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 15, 2020
  6. I had no clue clans was on bedrock smh

Posted Jan 15, 2020
  7. I think this would be cool to implement. For bedrock, it would attract a ton of players (seeing as another bedrock server did this and they hit 15k). As some1 said above, they would get heat for crying another server. They could maybe do something like cakewars where you have points to capture to allow you to collect more resources (not at a generator) and you have you have to do challenges to keep them? Or maybe there could be a multiplayer option where you can start off with multiple friends and whatnot. I’ll give it a +1 if it ever gets implemented

Posted Jan 15, 2020
  8. I feel like they would have to add some “Mineplex Pazazz” to it to make it more unique. There are a lot of servers out there that do SkyBlock, so it’d definitely have to be unique.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 18, 2020
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  9. With the current state of development, I don't think they would have time to start working on another whole gamemode. Skyblock is also going to require a mass amount of development time which is something they just can't spend on this. I think fixing the current bugs should be prioritized over making a new gamemode, but it's not a bad idea.

Posted Jan 18, 2020
    DaPBillk, GAM and FluteVegetables like this.
  10. I feel like they definitely have much more important priorities to work on. My intention for this thread was if they developers are ever looking for new game modes and have time. I really appreciate all the feedback!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 18, 2020
    GAM likes this.