• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Sky Shooters : (NANO)

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by ImposterK, Nov 7, 2018.

?

Should this game be added?

1. Yes.

2. Yes, but with the original version of the game.

3. No. [Please explain why!]

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ImposterK

ImposterK

Sky Shooters : (NANO)

This idea is based off of an old game created for Events, but I believe it might work well as a NANO game! There are 4 teams (Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow) and each team has their own island floating in the sky. The goal of this game is for your team to get 10 kills. If you're shot off, you will respawn on your island. The game will end if any team reaches 10 kills, or if 2 minutes passes (the team with the most kills will win).

Each player will be given a bow with Punch 5 and Infinity. They will also be given 1 arrow. Arrows will do 0 damage. After 1 minute and 20 seconds has passed, every player will have their Punch 5 bow replaced with a Punch 10 bow.​

This is almost an exact copy of the map that was built. I decided to remove/replace some things that were bad for gameplay. (Thanks guys!) The diameter of each island is 15 blocks, and each island is 15 blocks from the center.
    11/8
    -Replaced water with light blue glass.
    -Game will automatically end in 2 minutes.
    -After 1 minute and 20 seconds, players will have their Punch 5 bow replaced with a Punch 10 bow.
    -Added poll: "Should this game be added?"

11/9
    -Changed goal so that your team need 10 kills to win.
    -Players will respawn if they are killed.

Posted Nov 7, 2018,
    Last edited Nov 16, 2018 at 6:26 AM
  2. Augend

Augend

Yo,

I think this would be a great idea to be adjusted to a Nano Games environment since Events usually had more players than what would make the gameplay fun.

I think the ladders should be changed to a different block or add another way to get up as you could crouch on them and shoot players while having the advantage of being able to go down and up extremely quickly.
    I also think that the water should be changed to Light Blue Glass or another solid block as players would get angry if they were doing well then accidentally walked into the water and a person killed them easily since you have reduced movement in the water.

Thanks for sharing this idea with us!

Posted Nov 7, 2018
    ImposterK likes this.
  3. Worpp

Worpp

I really like this idea, it fits perfectly in the nano games vibe! I think there could be something that could speed up the game if it goes for too long, maybe some power ups to the bows, like arrow storm or barrage, when the game hits a certain point. Maybe even killing will grant a specific buff for the team! The way you can take these “catalysts” are countless. Great idea overall, I hope this gets added!

Posted Nov 7, 2018
    ImposterK likes this.
  4. Shaiym

Shaiym

I think this game idea would definitely fit well in the Nano Games suggestion if it was added! I love the current team games in the rotation and I’d love to see more so I’m glad this team based game. Towards the end I suggest all of the players’ bows be upgraded to maybe Punch 10. Or maybe have a border start closing in (like Micro Battles) and have bridges start spawning from each island and towards a middle island that spawns. Anyway I love the idea of this new Nano Game and I hope this could be implemented and added to Nano Games!

Posted Nov 7, 2018
    Rylie, Bunni and ImposterK like this.
  5. Daye

Daye

Hi,

I really like this idea and I feel like it would be a great fit for the Nano Games section of our community. I believe that a lot of people would enjoy this type of game as it would reimburse the use of bows in other game modes if people got a lot better with them.

I would also really like to see a little bit more information on this. For example, would there be a timer on how long games last? I feel like if the game was too long then it would make it too challenging to win.

Great idea and I hope to see it in the game!

Daye

Posted Nov 7, 2018
    ImposterK likes this.
  6. BuySomeApples

BuySomeApples

I think this could be a really fun edition to the Nano rotation and since the islands are fairly small this game seems like it would last the perfect amount of time to fit in with the rest of the Nano games!

Like Augend said above, maybe change the ladders to a different block so that it's easier to go up and down quickly. Maybe have one hole with ladders and one with slabs/stairs so the players can pick and choose. A timer or some other way of shortening the game would also be a good idea just to make sure the game ends fairly quickly.

I would love to see something like this added in the future!

Posted Nov 8, 2018
    ImposterK likes this.
  7. Evgeen

Evgeen

Hello!
    I agree with everyone above that this game can become great game for Nano. It's so easy and should not take so long. I hope it will be implemented soon.

I just remember when this was hosted as an event map for the first time at June 2015. It was really great event map with a cool idea and it has become the best map for me. I always liked to play it and I will really happy if I would see this once again but now as a regular Nano game.

There are some screenshots which I took from this event map when it was hosted in 2015 for the first time:
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxQejQOp5O2td1U5RlROYUl5M3M
    (just ignore 4 first screenshots and screenshots with some players)

This can help better to understand how it worked as here you can find how to play this map (now it will be a game) and see the original map.

Posted Nov 8, 2018,
    Last edited Nov 9, 2018
    ImposterK likes this.
  8. Phamtastic

Phamtastic

I think that it will fit with the Nano games and I like the suggestion that you brought it up which is fantastic. The color of the teams look great because it fits for the Sky Shooters. I do not remember that they played in the event server back in like 3 years ago I think. I remember looking at the screenshots from Evgeen earlier ago and they hosted it the first time before I think. Although, I have saw some of that suggestions from the players above and most of them are helpful!

I like the suggestion what Augend and Shaiym said above. Augend said that changing the ladders to a different block will make you go up and down easier. I also like Shaiym’s idea as well; he said that upgrading to Punch 10 or closing the border and bridge spawning towards the middle of island that spawn. Both of their suggestions from them is good.

Overall, the idea for the new Nano game looks fantastic and I cannot wait to try it out!

Posted Nov 8, 2018
    ImposterK likes this.
  9. Vocaloiid

Vocaloiid

The idea is interesting. I feel though it might take a while, especially if the final team members are on the opposite side to one another. Maybe we could add map crumble to speed it up after a while?

Posted Nov 8, 2018
    ImposterK likes this.
  10. TeaSpiller

TeaSpiller

Heyo!
    I'm gonna be honest, I do think this game would fit perfectly into Nano, however, it seems extremely bland there is no "spice" and I think after a couple of rounds of it people would get bored/tired of it. I think a neat twist on this would be maybe add a mob in the center and if a team killed it their whole team would get some type of reward like a flame bow or something (the only way to kill it would be using bows so it would force teams to strategize on making sure they don't get shot while trying to kill the mob if they risk getting the reward).
    NOTE: The mob in the center is completely optional no team is required to kill it, it's there to add more gameplay.
    Anyways, great idea and I can't wait to see where this idea goes!

~Cheers

Posted Nov 8, 2018
    ImposterK likes this.
  11. Puppet On A String

Puppet On A String

Hello!

I like this idea! However, I think there should be a way to get back on the island. Maybe a rope that you can throw and if it hits a teammate it pulls it towards the user. Maybe each person gets 1 rope.

Posted Nov 8, 2018
    ImposterK likes this.
  12. Bunni

Bunni

As someone who's been apart of the events team for a while, I wholeheartedly agree this should be a NANO game. However, to my knowledge I believe the original purpose of the game was to shoot different sheep that were spawned in the holes on your island. The goal was to kill each team's sheeps and if your sheeps were killed, your team was out. I think either version would work, the second less of a pvp version though.
    oh wow those screenshots are oldddd

Posted Nov 8, 2018
    Vocaloiid, ImposterK and Evgeen like this.
  13. ImposterK

ImposterK

Ciao everyone! Thank you all for your responses. In order to avoid repeating myself, I am only going to quote the first person who suggested each change.
    I don’t think that the ladder thing is an issue because opposing players will have to predict where you’re going to go. Also, players can already move around just as fast while on the surface. I originally created this map to be exactly like the original map, but the water thing makes sense. I’ll change it.
    I definitely like the idea the idea of making the bow stronger if the game takes a long time, but I feel like one of Shaiym's ideas would work best.
    I like the idea of a Punch 10 bow, so players will get one if the time reaches 1 minute and 20 seconds. I don’t think that map crumble is necessary, but if many people do, I’ll change it!
    I've noticed in your screenshots that the game I suggested isn't exactly what the original game was, and I'm sorry for that. The game I suggested might be just as fun to play though; however, if people would prefer the original version, I don't have a problem with replacing my idea with the original one.
    I feel like adding a mob in the center would distract players from the ultimate goal. Anyone that tried to shoot the mob in the center would likely be attacked by another team, so attempting to get an upgrade would not be worth it. Another issue with this would be stealing the kill. If one team works very hard and does 99% of the damage to the mob, another team can steal the final hit and the reward. Thank you for your suggestion!
    This is an interesting idea, but it would make the game take much more time to finish. It’s essentially giving players an extra life, which is not needed.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 8, 2018
    Bunni, Evgeen and Shaiym like this.
  14. Vocaloiid

Vocaloiid

There are a few games in Nano, such as Slime Territories. I feel with some tweaking this idea could have hope, but I am interested in your mob idea. Care to further explain that?

Posted Nov 8, 2018
  15. Wiz_Techno

Wiz_Techno

Hello @ImposterK ,

I actually really like this idea! I think it'd be a good addition to the current game!
    I'll post this in GI and see where discussion gets us.

Thanks
    Techno

Posted Nov 9, 2018
    Bunni and ImposterK like this.
  16. AvroVulcan

AvroVulcan

I love the idea of this game. It would be fun to have a more bow centred game, and this sounds like a fun little gamemode. It is the perfect length to fit perfectly right into NANO, and I think people would enjoy it - it's definitely a nice break from left clicking! It also has that progression element, with bows becoming stronger after a while which is definitely something that we don't see too often in the nano games, yet I still feel it would work well. Overall, I'm all for this being added.

Posted Nov 9, 2018
    ImposterK and Zipppo like this.
  17. Firefox54

Firefox54

Hey Imposterk
    To start, we spoke on discord about the idea, so I said my suggestions there. I am a pretty big fan of the idea because it's quick and fast paced, also it's a skill based game so I agree with most others that it's fitting for NANO games. My only suggestion is that the ladders are on the other side of the hole so that the arrows aren't negated by them. (This wouldn't make much of a difference though). Overall, a +1 from me, and I hope to be able to play the game in the future.
    Best of luck,
    - firefox54

Posted Nov 10, 2018 at 9:45 AM
    ImposterK likes this.