• 241 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2325 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Sky Block maybe?

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by lgy, Nov 9, 2019.

1. I think Mineplex a sky-block to java because some people don't have bed rock and have java edition so this would be a good implement for java players that don't have bed rock. My friend (awzp) for example he doesn't have bed rock and he loves mineplex and he would like to play a sky block game or a a factions on mineplex because that would be awesome for us to play and grind all day.

Posted Nov 9, 2019
  2. Im confused because Bedrock we don’t have a Skyblock game so..... yeah. I also think Sky Block is kind of boring and would copy another java edition server

Posted Nov 9, 2019
    FluteVegetables and Fallen like this.
  3. The difference is that Java is primarily minigame based, whilst Bedrock just goes with the large demand and what other servers don't. Don't get me wrong, Java has a game like Factions called Clans with boss fights, events, raiding and legendary weapons: so you and your friends could grind on that maybe? Clans is a popular-ish gamemode, and you can learn a lot PVP wise with the cool legendary abilities of some weapons.

I personally don't think that skyblock would fit because many other servers have this already on Java and it'd just use developer time that could be used to work on minigames or more urgent things. You may ask though why Bedrock has this then. Bedrock is not Java, Mineplex is one of the 5 featured servers and it has to do what the players want that the other featured servers do not have. This is where Factions, Survival and Creative Housing came from. Players, given their younger age, wouldn't really like a game like clans where so much is happening at once, and so those Bedrock games were created to sort of water down what Clans is.

I do think maybe something else long term could work in Mineplex, I just don't think Skyblock is it. It would fit on Bedrock perfectly, but on Java, the players here want fast minigames and not SMP games as such (excluding clans). Sorry, it's a -1 from me.

Posted Nov 9, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  4. Although I do enjoy skyblock, I don’t think the game would be suited for Mineplex.

Skyblock would need a lot of work in order to be developed. Our server’s playerbase is more interested in competitive minigames. Although the game might be fun, I think it would end up being a waste of resources for something so big.

I understand you’re looking for a survival type of game on the Java edition server. We currently have clans, like mentioned above. It’s similar to factions and survival. I just don’t believe another survival type game needs to be implemented on the Java server.

Posted Nov 10, 2019
  5. *cough* -snip- *cough*

Posted Nov 10, 2019,
    Last edited by a Moderator Nov 10, 2019
    NothinButNetYT likes this.
  6. I think it should be on bedrock since survival and factions are lmao but I think sky block is too classic. We need cool new games like mineplex games that the community made up. Not things that are already there.

Posted Nov 10, 2019
  7. I disagree with adding Skyblock to Mineplex. The main reason why this would not be a good decision is that other servers already have the game, and we would be accused of copying those servers if we decide to implement the game. There would also need to be an extra special twist to set our version apart from others since Skyblock can be found in many other servers. I think it would be a better idea to create an original game with a never-before-seen concept if anything as this would likely have the biggest chance in bringing hundreds or even thousands of players to the server. As much as it would be nice being able to play Skyblock on Mineplex, I do not think it will be worth the time and effort into creating a game that might not stand out amongst other servers.

Posted Nov 10, 2019
  8. Sir, ISH? How dare you "ish" Clans. (Jokes)

Everything aside, I don't think we need another long-term game. What I mean by long-term game is a game that lasts more than 30,40,50 minutes. A game like Clans which is played over weeks/months. Mineplex is a competitive server, and sadly Skyblock just wouldn't garner the attention of our playerbase.

Furthermore, there's the community split. Introducing a game like this would take away from Clans, as it's the only other long-term game. In the long-term (see what I did there), both games would likely die.

The other points on this thread seem to be repeating themselves, so I'll save ya from hearing the same thing again (:. All in all, for reasons stated by myself, 510bike, and AceSJus, I don't believe Skyblock should be added to Mineplex.

- Fallen

Posted Nov 10, 2019
  9. Hey!

I don't really think skyblock would fit into Mineplex at the moment, it may bring more players at the start. However, players could get bored of skyblock and leave Mineplex again! Also, Mineplex has many other amazing arcade games! Also, many servers already have this gamemode so it probably wouldn't bring that many players in the first place!

Posted Nov 10, 2019