• 263 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2842 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Skin Problems

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by Strafer303, Dec 15, 2019.

1. There have been reports of numerous invis skins across the entire server. I just upgraded to the latest version on bedrock, and 4/5 skywar games I played had one or even two invisible skins. I think the server should emphasize more to players that using these type of skins are bannable, which I’m sure a lot of people who use them don’t even know that. What’s also shocking is that many people have reported invis skins but apparently most of them denied because it was “insufficient” even though it was enough evidence to prove people who were using invisible skins, were in fact invisible. I’d suggest a message before the game starts that using abusive skins such as invisible ones are bannable

Posted Dec 15, 2019
  2. I REALLY hope that it will be fixed, I will give Mineplex enough time. You must finish until next year, it is a shame to overdo it XD. It was a joke, but I really want this bug to be annihilated.

Posted Dec 15, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 22, 2019
    dark_blaze_4841 and Strafer303 like this.
  3. Ok so I just realized this is more of a bug because there have been reports of invis skins in cakewars, but we know that they can’t be using invisible skins because you can’t take off the armour in cakewars.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 15, 2019
  4. I'm pretty sure ever since the 1.13 update that introduced the skin creator all skins including a few textures have been broken on Mineplex. Yes, I myself too encounter players with these invisible skins but adly it's a bug so you'll have to wait for the developers to fix it. Not much else to say about it.

Posted Dec 15, 2019
  5. Yeah, this has been happening too much. I got killed by many skin abusers over the past few days. If this doesnt get fixed soon i dont know what im going to do because i love Mineplex but i hate that they dont punish abusers.

Posted Dec 15, 2019
    NothinButNetYT likes this.
  6. Hey there,
    currently it doesn't look like having an invisible skin is bannable. To be honest, from what I understood from a conversation i had with a mod that had rejected one of my reports, they are not punishable at all.

Quoting:
    So, hum, looks like inv. skins are allowed at the moment. Buy headphones.

Have a good day.

Posted Dec 15, 2019
  7. Yeah, ik they arent bannable because i submitted a report on someone that was using an invisible skin and admitted he knew about it and was abusing the glitch and it was not punished.

Posted Dec 15, 2019
    NothinButNetYT likes this.
  8. This is not a hack or a cheat, it is a bug that happens with numerous skins, so it wouldn't be okay to ban someone that doesn't do it on purpose. But yes, in CW and in MB, they are really annoying
    --- Post updated ---
    Mostly because the people who it affects don't know how to fix it.

Posted Dec 15, 2019
  9. It has nothing to do with being bannable, it has to do with ... we face yet again “another glitch” that has game breaking consequences to the players who don’t have the invisible skin glitch and don’t abuse making this glitch available to themselves.
    All Mineplex has to do, is put everyone back to the white skins till they fix this current invisible glitch that is occurring.
    This glitch is absolutely worst then those who actually come in with an invisible skin ( and those are bannable or let’s say punishable, so when the moderators say invisible skins are not, that is not accurate ) because the invisible skins prior to this glitch was indeed punishable. So if they are saying because of this current glitch they are not punishing any that is reported, well, technically they are wrong and should be because these glitched skins are distinctly different from the ones players try to use and abuse... the glitched invisible skins, hide armor, as stated will happen in Cake wars, I have experienced in Mob Arena, you don’t see a name tag, the others you do it is like any players and can be muted but still visible when crouched, no different then the rest of us... these glitched invisible players don’t need to they are completely invisible, no weapon ( they player created one their weapon show), nothing evident BUT the shadow that will appear but not stay with them at all times and when standing still you will see the ground under them particle up.
    So, if the Moderators say they are not punishing any invisible skin... they best make clarifications to that statement because if they are including ALL invisible skins not jus the glitched ones, then they are so in the wrong here and need to correct this and that statement.
    Mineplex should return to the white skins, yes we all wanted our own skins to wear but none of don’t want to give up playing because you allow the abuse if these glitched invisible players. No one saying punish them for a glitch... it is remove the the glitch by returning us to white skins... Idc if it takes you forever as usual to fix, at least we are not then creating another major issue that the dragon’s glitch caused, and this one will, it has the same magnitude that one did but this one includes the leaderboard positions and with wins that give the higher xp. If it hasn’t been fixed already it NEEDs to be removed and everyone returned back to white skins. Do this for your community of players who want to play legit games, quit ignoring its impact on your community if you want to continue to have one.

Posted Dec 21, 2019
    Inf3rrior81 and tamman2005 like this.
  10. She has a point

Posted Dec 21, 2019
  11. I agree, it’s better for everyone to return to white skins than have invisible players going around with an unfair PvP advantage.

Posted Dec 22, 2019
  12. Hello, hello!

Ex Bedrock Moderator, here. Invisible skins are a difficult rule for us to punish for, since the Bedrock client allows for anyone to adorn one. Furthermore, unless our network notices that this becomes a frequently recurring offense, the fact that this is only a Severity 1 Gameplay ban makes it very hard for us to justify focusing our efforts on our team's ability to combat players using these skins. For what it's worth, a lot of games on our network force players to wear armor which removes any strategic advantage of using one of these invisible skins.

Skins that are mostly invisible except for one region are also a grey area, especially when some of them are sold on the Minecraft Marketplace. As an official Minecraft Partner, Mineplex can't punish players for using a skin sold on the Minecraft Marketplace.

Hopefully what little information I was able to provide was of some value to you!

Posted Dec 22, 2019
    notrainnbow likes this.
    • General Rudeness Severity 2
    Thank you for you input @ClqssyOwl, I understand the distinction between the invisible skin that cannot be punished and those that can. I am very aware I can’t report a player who looks Invis but distinctly has 1 block on that whole skin that is colored, and I have ran across them in Turf War, I only described the player who’s skin has nothing and they exist solely as a name tag and nothing more ... I have recorded and reported them.
    But you see, if Mineplex didn’t want us to have this issue, then they would have auto armor on all players in every game.
    But, as in Turf War, we don’t. We show our armor only in spawn with a blue or red leather chestplate and then it is removed. So, if an player came in with an completely invisible skin and the armor can’t be made to come invisible on them, then, guess what... we will get to see them, we now have a visible name tag, weapon, wool and armor. Not much different than the ewok skin, and as with them, we still have a full size hit box.
    So here again, we have that Mineplex has the ability to make this right. But they don’t, why? Don’t they care for their community? The players who hack impact us your community, the players who come in with the invisible skin impact us your community, these glitches: the current glitched invisible skins and the previous AFK/Floating glitch in Dragons has/had (if Dragons was fixed) major game breaking impact on us your community. If they impact us your community and there is a solution to them which would be: 1) put leather armor on all players in game, 2) turn us all back to white skins till fixed, and 3) Dragons would have been, if Mineplex would have did when I told them... was remove Dragons till the glitch was fixed. Now don’t tell me you couldn’t have when many games have been removed, moved, or something... so it was a very do-able simple remedy that would have prevented the major game breaking consequences it had that impacted your community by creating “X” number of not legitimate Level 100 players. Three solutions, that tells your community you care about what impacts us...
    Lasty, we don’t care that you, Mineplex Staff, have to work your butts off reading extra reports and having to impose penalty’s to invisible players... what else do you have to do? In the past you actually were in our gaming community getting the reports from us players to tend to this issues right then and there on the spot, but you moved to your comfy zone and are now only getting the reports while players like me are doing your job... I record, I report ... to the best of my abilities ...and all you have to do after I do your dirty work is view it and assess for warranted penalties and impose them upon the offender. So really, saying that what impacts us is too much work for staff to deal with is called: -snip-
    All I can say is then, quit the excuses, and fix it... you have 3 simple solutions ... so use them!

Posted Dec 22, 2019,
    Last edited by a Moderator Jan 6, 2020
  13. That never happened to me. I don't know if mineplex did anything about this but the only encounters with "invisible skins" i had were visual bugs i guess

Posted Jan 3, 2020
  14. I have seen these so called 'invis skins' once or two, but I think it was just a graphic error on my part. Although, with that new skin editor I don't know if the errot was on my part.

Posted Jan 5, 2020
  15. The reason most of those reports probably get denied is because they can’t see who did it if it’s an invisible skin. I heard of some skin downloading websites that offer invisible skins or they just don’t load properly and appear invisible. Since Mineplex has the white skin as the default skin it should prevent that from happening.

Posted Jan 6, 2020
  16. Not my place to mini mod or anything or tell you what to do but this is not very polite to staff. Your solutions to the invisible skin problem would not be permanent fixes nor efficient ways of going about it. You said and I quote, “we don’t care That you Mineplex staff have to work your butts off in handling extra reports.” Well I do care and I think the less reports the better. Mineplex mods and staff have to tackle numerous different tasks, I think it is our responsibility as loyal players to lessen those tasks in any way we can. I mean they really do a lot for us. Bedrock takes long time for stuff but it still gets done. Just my opinion.

Posted Jan 6, 2020
  17. Hello,
    Just to put this to rest, as you know skins have been returned to blank til a permanent fix can be put in place so no more invisible bug :D as for the other comments of staff not punishing for players intentionally downloading and using invisible skins, as far as i know it never happened. We still class invisible skins that have name tags as gameplay trolling and is still punishable as those players know what they are doing, though the same could have been said for the invisible bug we wanted to give players the benefit of doubt as the bug was on our end and as such any reports we received were handled in the same way. Staff were aware of the differences and reports were processed correctly, if anyone feels there may have been a mistake or the report may be incorrect you are always welcome to message the staff member who denied the report for more information. We encourage all members to report any rules broken with evidence and are more than happy to take on as many reports as players can send through to us.
    If you have any further questions relating to this feel free to send me a message, have an awesome day.

Posted Jan 6, 2020
    Mystic 0440 likes this.
  18. @Degagelemming95 I really wonder about your post the part that states “player who knows a lot about the server”... we are suppose to take your word for that comment ... so then how since you are not staff ... just curious as to your claim. I stated nothing wrong nor inaccurate. It is how i see things and feel about what happens... is in no way mini mob ... so go back and look up what mini mod is before you continue to make such accusations! I spoke about the differences between the player created invis skin and the one glitch, which @Reks Nz addresses and stated are punishable when a player who posted above stated a mod said all invis skins are not punishable, I was correcting that statement in hopes a mob would correct that statement made which Reks did, and thank you @Reks Nz for that and confirming Mineplex used the suggestion to go back to the all white skins till glitch is fixed. And you stated that my fixed were constructive... it was never stated as a permanent fix, that Mineplex need to figure out, but doing this would at least remove the glitched invis skins that was detrimental to fair and legal game playing.
    Just because I gave constructive suggestions doesn’t either constitute as mini mod ... it isn’t like I am claiming to be a mod and telling someone their going to get a warning because they are doing something wrong. Nor was my comment about not caring if Mineplex Mod have to work their butts off doing paperwork with all the reports “we” or shall I say “i” create them, it beats them sitting on their butts doing nothing that serves the best interests of the community. otherwise you are saying we shouldn’t create more work for the staff at Mineplex, that would be false to state, we are the in game and lobby moderators who report players who use and abuse glitches, do hacks, etc, and if we didn’t our community would be in worst shape than it is. I don’t have to kiss butt in order to make my points, you may if you so chose to, that is your choice and rights as mine is mine and you don’t have to like. But accusations of mini mob ... who is then using mini mob? humm

Posted Jan 6, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 6, 2020
  19. Hey!
    I know that invisible players can be annoying, but there is really nothing you can do about them. You mentioned upgrading to the latest version of Minecraft, if you are unhappy with invisible skins, I suggest downgrading to another version of Minecraft. I am on version 1.12 and I do not have any problems with invisible skins. Also, correct me if I am wrong, but I believe skins have reverted back to being white so there are no more invisible players. Mineplex is currently working on fixing skins right now, which is why there are white skins instead of regular skins. Hopefully, I answered all your questions. PM me if you have any other questions!

Posted Jan 6, 2020
    LT Tombstone 77 likes this.