• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5778 Players Online
  • 2888 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Skeleton Horse smash needs a nerf.

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by TheStudentUnion, Jan 14, 2020.

?

Should bone storm get nerfed

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    86.7%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. I do think that all smash crystals should be removed, however, this specific smash crystal is just ridiculous. We all know how easily the skeleton horse gets the smash crystal, it takes just one bone rush. And the bone storm can kill a player up to 3 times in 30 seconds. Some horse players take advantage of this by running the whole game, getting the smash, then killing everyone in the lobby. Because the horse is almost guarenteed to get the smash crystal, the smash itself should get a heavy nerf to balance it. Maybe a decrease in damage and the duration.

Posted Jan 14, 2020
    Mitchy, DaGourmand and Dan1el like this.
  2. Hey,

I do agree that when someone is using the Skeleton Horse kit and use the smash crystal, it can be very hard (almost impossible) to escape from this smash crystal. There are some smash crystals that are not that overpowered, and I think when it comes to the Skeleton Horse kit, the smash crystal ability is too overpowered.
    However, I do like the concept of the smash crystal ability to the Skeleton Horse kit, so removing the damage from the bone rush to a level where it's possible to escape, then I think that it would be fair.

But, I do not want to remove the Smash Crystals. It's a highlight in SSM, and it makes the game more unique, as Wolfaay said.

So I agree that the Skeleton Horse smash crystal could be nerfed, but not removed.

Posted Jan 14, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 14, 2020
  3. Heyo!

I don't believe that the smash crystals should be removed. The smash crystal, in my opinion, is unique to the game and adds more competition in the game. With that being said, removing the crystal could then cause the game to go on for a long time as players could run away and camp. I can understand your frustration with the duration of the crystal so, maybe reducing the length of the abilities of the crystals to around 15 seconds could help. Overall, I don't agree with removing it, but possibly altering the length of it. It's a -1 from.

Thread Moved to Game Alterations

Posted Jan 14, 2020
  4. Easy solution: We are removing smash crystals, because everyone complains that they are broken (which I, and everyone in SmashGI agree), but people don't want them removed "because they are meant to be broken" which is a big flaw for a game where everyone is always concerned about the balance of the game. They are an unfair mechanic that requires zero skill to obtain/use. They will be removed, and maybe, BIG MAYBE, we'll think about a way to make them a little balanced/take actual skill to pull off, maybe.

Posted Jan 14, 2020
    xOeuf, AtlantaTV, DaGourmand and 2 others like this.
  5. I do agree that the smash crystals are a unique and interesting part of the game, however they are extremely unbalanced. As I said, some kits can get the smash more easily than others. So I think I have come up with a compromise to balance out the smash crystals. The kits that get the smash crystals the easiest should have their smash crystals nerfed. And it should be so the opponent can actually stand a chance. Also, about people running away and camping, the reason most people do that is because they are waiting for the smash crystal, and they run until it comes.
    You see this a lot with blaze and horse players as they get smash easily, and their ability is quite powerful and they are invincible while they use their smash crystals. When the crystal isnt there, those players will either have to fight or starve.

Overall, in my opinion, although balancing the smash crystals is another possible option. Removing the crystals is a much more simpler option that most people can agree with. However, the bone storm can definately use a nerf if we keep the smash crystals. Ive seen people get 4 stocked by it.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 14, 2020
    Dan1el likes this.
  6. i personally think skeleton horse should be reworked, I would like to see smash crystals be balanced but thats probably not going to happen soon. Skeleton Horse really just requires no skill and it’s so rewarding. But I agree it’s ability Bone Storm definitely needs a nerf.

Posted Jan 14, 2020
    Mitchy and TheStudentUnion like this.
  7. Yeah you are right sometimes it takes 1 click to kill someone.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 14, 2020
  8. What's wrong with you? TheStudentUnion's suggestion was to nerf Skeletal Horse's Smash, not remove crystal. 4/5 of your response is about how you disagree with removing smash crystals and not about nerfing Skeletal Horse's Smash.

Anyways, TheStudentUnion is right, Skeletal Horse's Smash needs a nerf in duration.

Posted Jan 14, 2020
    Mitchy, AtlantaTV, DaGourmand and 2 others like this.
  9. Should I make another thread about smash crystals and the ideas with them? These responses have definately changed my mind on what should happen with them.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 15, 2020
    Mitchy likes this.
  10. I've made a couple of threads on the matter in the past.

Posted Jan 15, 2020
  11. This type of reasoning is very frustrating. Some of us have been playing SSM for years and I for one have almost 4000 wins on my accounts combined. It's frustrating for you and others with only 20 wins ignoring our points time after time and acting like we don't know what we are talking about. What you are doing is basically like tellling a scientist who has spent years studying the earth that climate change is a hoax. EVERY member on GI and an overwhelming majority of experienced players want Smash Crystals to be removed.

Posted Jan 15, 2020
    Mitchy and Crash like this.
  12. Yeah Its quite a controversial subject a lot of people are talking about it. But most of it is either remove smash or keep smash.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 15, 2020
  13. Aren't you one of those "Wins don't mean anything" gang??? It's backfiring on you :p

That aside, maybe you can revive another discussion this time with a chungus list of OG ssm players and their number of wins/games played next to it and say "Endorsed by US, THE COMMUNITY"

Posted Jan 16, 2020
  14. While yes, wins don’t mean much, they give you an indicator if someone is experienced or not. More than likely, someone that has only played 40 games willl NOT have a good understanding of the game and how it should be like.

Posted Jan 16, 2020
  15. Guys this is getting off topic....

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 16, 2020
  16. I wouldn’t say they need to be removed but they should be greatly nerfed.

My idea: As soon as the final smash kills one person, the final smash ends.

I feel as though this is a middle ground between people who think they are broken and people who want smash crystals in - especially for more of the novice player base.

Posted Jan 16, 2020
  17. People can still run and use the smash and it will result in them winning most of the time.
    Its quite an easy strategy which takes advantage of the smash crystals.

OP OP
  18. I think the best middle ground is to heavily nerf the smash of blaze and horse, so it cant kill even once. This will make it so that players wont rely on the smash to win.

OP OP
  19. [​IMG]
    Yes please.

Yeah, bone horsey is way to OP, and having an inescapable smash makes it so much worse. At the very least, make it so that when we're damaged we can still run, because once you're hit you're done.
    In general, crystals like Spider's Nest, Wolf's Fury, or Earthquake (most decent smash crystals) are way too overpowered and throw much of the skill aspect of the game straight out of the window. I know this sort of thread has been posted a plethora of times, but I cannot stress enough how much the smash crystal can ruin the fun sometimes.

Posted Jan 16, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  20. H
    E
    Y
    T
    H
    E
    R
    E!

S m a s h c r y s t a l s a r e t o b e r e m o v e d i n t h e n e x t u p d a t e !
    B u t f e a r n o t s m a s h c r y s t a l s t a n s, t h e r e i s a v e r y l o w c h a n c e f o r M i n e p l e x t o u p d a t e S S M a n y t i m e s o o n. E n j o y y o u r c r y s t a l l i n e s m a s h e r s w h i l e y o u c a n.

Posted Jan 16, 2020