• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12347 Players Online
  • 9457 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned simple cake wars addon

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Ufy, Nov 27, 2019.

?

solo or nah?

1. yesssssss!

80.0%
  2. nah...

20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hello, you may know me,
    *cough* ufy

But anyways, I really want solo cake wars. I understand that not many people might be on the other cake wars server due to everyone que-ing for solo's but I think that's alright. If anything I believe it would bring more players to Mineplex. If your friends are not currently on Mineplex it's kind of hard to rely on "randoms" to help protect your cake. I don't have much to say about this, I just think things would be able to go smoother with my YouTube channel if I didn't have to wait on my friends to hop on a game with me, and i'd be able to do a ton of "YouTube" challenges.

let me know what you think about this
    ty

-ufy

Posted Nov 27, 2019
  2. I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to disagree with this idea. It has been denied multiple times because the staff have been saying that it would split the players base.

Posted Nov 27, 2019
  3. yeah i know the mods, but what about you?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 27, 2019
  4. How about just remove to2 or to4 and add solo. +1 imo

Posted Nov 27, 2019
  5. MP is currently considering removing CW doubles to implement CW solos. Might happen.

Posted Nov 27, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  6. Solo Cake Wars is an idea brought up numerous times and has been denied previously for the same reason. Having another Cake Wars mode would split up the player base, resulting in games starting slower as lobbies will fill in less often. If player count was not an issue, I would personally love to see a new solo mode added as it will eliminate the problems that multiplayer modes have, such as being crushed by a party, teammates being unhelpful, etc. Unfortunately, this is not the case and there will not be a new Cake Wars mode any time soon.

This is indeed a possibility! A recent poll in the Mineplex Community Insights Discord yielded the following results. As you can see, many people are in favor of replacing Doubles with Solo and it may be an upcoming addition to Cake Wars.

Not Planned

Posted Nov 27, 2019
  7. This idea has been suggested in the past and always denied by Leadership for the same reason: It would divide up the Cake Wars community ever further than it already is by having Standard and Duos. When Duos was introduced, there were still enough people to make up for it in the Standard games, so people did not (nor do they still need to) wait an excessive amount of time in order to play a game of Cake Wars. However, the reasoning provided makes sense, as we do not want people waiting such a long amount of time for them to be able to play a simple game.

You mentioned that this would be a Cake Wars "addon," but, what if, instead of an add-on, we had it as a replacement? There was some discussion of a Duos replacement with Solos in the Community Insights Discord, so it is already being talked about. The difference here, however, is that it would replace Duos with Solos. While it might take some away from Standard, it would not nearly have such the effect that adding in Solos while keeping the other two would. In my opinion, I think I'd really enjoy it. Some people might argue that it would simply be too hard to be able to balance all of the offensive and defensive tasks, but I think that it would allow people to get better at both tasks since they would, obviously, want to be the winner, which would take in lots of effort to be able to do so in a Solo version.

Posted Nov 27, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.