• 1639 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10077 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Sickness

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JYTG, Aug 25, 2019.

?

Opinion on being Sick

1. It's horrible

21 vote(s)
    84.0%
  2. It's alright

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  1. Hey everyone!

I'm super bored right now and thought I'd make an Off-Topic thread as I haven't posted one in a while. This one is about being sick.

The common cold, sickness, whatever, everyone gets it, and it's really common and contagious. Recently I've gotten it, I got it yesterday after my sister deliberately coughed on me while she was sick herself. For some reason, I caught her cold later in the day, which was surprising and annoying. I woke up today with a horrible headache and had to take some medicine and pills to ease the pain. Some recent symptoms I've been receiving are:

- Headaches
    - Coughing
    - Sore Throat
    - High Temperature
    - Fatigue

It's been getting irritating, and I've only had it for a day and a half. I hope it goes away soon. I have school tomorrow and it's going to suck, and yes, I have to go! I don't want to fall behind at the beginning of the school year. Anyways, what's your opinion on being sick? I'd imagine you'd hate it too. It sucks.

Have a great rest of your day! [ To whoever is reading this ]

Quote: "Make your life a masterpiece; imagine no limitations on what you can be, have, or do." - Brian Tracy

Posted Aug 25, 2019
    NothinButNetYT likes this.
  2. Well the only good thing about sickness is that it makes you appreciate being healthy and its good to take a break from school xD

Posted Aug 25, 2019
    Mr_CLICKS, JYTG and Yato like this.
  3. A common cold for me is not bad but getting the flu is just the absolute worse! I cannot stand when you sneeze it feels like it literally rattles your bones on the inside. I've had the flu twice in my life and it left me bed ridden. I hate the flu, anything else is manageable and I seem to recover fast. Hope you get well soon!

Posted Aug 25, 2019
    JYTG and NothinButNetYT like this.
  4. Hey,

I actually got a cold and am sick as of yesterday too. I am not sure how I caught it, but it really is such an inconvenience, especially because it's worse this time and therefore I have to miss out on school camp this year. I personally can not stand having a cold, I hate the blocked nose, the sore throat, and the headaches. It's a terrible feeling and it stops me from working out too! I hope you get better soon though, it's a shame you can't have the day off tomorrow but it's better to be on top of your workload.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  5. Hey, I don't really like being sick, and within the last 2 years I've only been sick twice. One of those times was the flu in march, which was horrible. The other was appendicitis which is if it counts as being sick. But I guess I have to increase that 2 to 3 because my friend in school had a cold, which I caught Thursday, and I'm on my schools soccer team, so practice in the end of the week was horrible! Anyways I'm laying awake in bed right now with a sore throat and a runny nose hoping the allergy medicine my mom told me to take will kick in soon...

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    JYTG likes this.
  6. Well I mean I get to stay home from school so

I get sick more often than I think is normal for someone my age (2 or 3 times a school year) and honestly, most of the times it is hecc. I've had a cold for 3 days, but I don't count that as a sickness because I still go to school. Colds are pretty bad though too because they take all my energy and make my head feel like it's full of cotton. Then there's getting a sore throat, which is the worst part for me. I also did not even feel like putting in my contacts yesterday, so I just stumbled around my house blindly. Luckily, this cold is almost over and I think it will be gone tomorrow.

One of the worst illnesses I've had recently was when I caught the flu last year from a friend, who I spent the better half of the week with. This dude, for some reason, didn't stay home from school one day even though he was sick for a week. So yeah, I got sick when he was just recovering, but my symptoms were a lot worse than his were. The worst part for me was that my body hurt so badly and I couldn't even get myself out of bed. Not to mention a sore throat, a nauseating feeling, and the fact that I literally didn't even have enough energy to move my fingers at one point.

I had to skip 3 days of school, plus a weekend. So... lots of work I had to make up later.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    JYTG likes this.
  7. I personally think there are both good sides and bad sides of being sick. For instance, the general feeling you get just before puking is horrible, and whilst puking you feel like you can't breathe but after you've actually been sick you feel much better knowing that you've just got rid of all of that stuff that's just been in your body. I actually think the worst kind of sickness is when you have a blocked nose and headaches etc because it lasts for so long and there's not really any remedy for it. Waking up in the morning is horrible because your head is aching so badly and you just want to lay there for weeks.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    JYTG likes this.
  8. Hey there!

For me, the common cold doesn't bother me all that much, it's usually just me feeling a little more groggy than normal along with the occasional headache, and me being a little stuffed up. Every year or two, I tend to get strep throat. For the first few days of its onset, I'll usually just play it off as a common cold and just hope it'll go away. It gets progressively worse, and I end up being bound to my bed barely able to move. This year, strep decided to get me the week before my exams, so I had to come in on the Monday of my actual exam week and spend 3-4 hours finishing my ELA process exam which took place the week prior, as well as my optional courses exams as those also took place that week. So yes, getting sick sucks, especially when it decides to happen right in the midst exams!

Posted Aug 26, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 27, 2019
    JYTG likes this.
  9. I mean the benefit of being sick is that u don’t have to go to school

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  10. I despise being sick!
    When I was younger, I'd contract a sickness quite often. Nowadays, not so much, but I get headaches often. It's not necessarily related to any illness, just the common headache. Either way, it is not fun to have to deal with and I'm sure fellow users with weaker immune systems feel awful when they get sick almost every week and some people just don't get sick. Life's unfair, but in the end you will grow to be a better person from it!

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    JYTG likes this.
  11. I don't like being sick, as said above one of the benefits of it is skipping school, but when you come back, the catchup work can be obnoxious. I don't mind the common cold but anything more is terrible. I recently caught a pretty bad cold, thankfully I'm starting to feel better now though.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    JYTG likes this.
  12. Being sick sucks because my parents still make me go to school and I never get enough sleep and I always tired.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    JYTG likes this.
  13. Being sick, makes you not only miss school, which will put you behind and just cause more work and stress.

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    JYTG likes this.
  14. Not to say I actually like being sick, but I will say some of the best bed rest I ever had was when I used to get sick

Haven't been in a while, thankfully. Now watch me get sick within the week because I posted this

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    JYTG likes this.
  15. Hey!

So the only reason I see that would make someone kinda liking being sick is the fact you get to miss school. I kinda like school so there’s no ups to being sick, moreover, if you have Ferris Bueller’s skills, you don’t even need to actually be sick to miss school. “Faking being sick is kinda childish and stupid, but then again, so is high school.”

~Nick

Posted Aug 27, 2019
    _Slxth, Sunny / Slash and JYTG like this.
  16. From my experience, being sick caused me to miss out something like the event. This would include rescheduling my work, and my time management. The worse part about being sick was stomach flu, and it was my worse experience. I'd always fear of nausea when that happened. I'm pretty sure I got the sickness from the flu season last time.

I want to wish all the people who will feel better soon from the illness!

Posted Aug 27, 2019
    _Slxth and JYTG like this.
  17. Answering the poll was a pretty hard choice because, to be honest. Yes being sick does suck but what type of sickness are you referring to, is this sickness severe or maybe just a common cold. Because I mean if i got a common cold and I get a day off of school, I would have been happy to be sick that day but if it's a heavy fever I would prefer to just not have it.

Posted Aug 28, 2019
    _Slxth likes this.
  18. Hey Hey!
    I am probably a little late but anyways for the next cold you get here are some tips.
    So by the symptoms, you described you probably had virosis or a common cold.
    So, first of all, there is no need for a doctor unless your body temperature rises above 40° C.
    We have a saying here in Slovenia for colds, if you treat it lasts for 7 days and if you don't it lasts for one week.
    So the best thing you can do for your body is to rest and drink herbal tea, eat honey (only if your throat doesn't hurt), onions, and garlic.
    YOU HAVE TO AVOID, alcohol, black tea, coffee, any kind of candy, red meat, milk, and dairy products.
    Your room has to be ventilated at least 3 times a day and you have to care for hygiene very carefully.
    I hope that helps.

Posted Aug 30, 2019