• 443 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2527 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Show Application Views on Mobile

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by Jaekub, Nov 3, 2019.

1. I know this is a small change, but for me and many others who have applications every once in a while, having the ability to view the number of views on an application on mobile would be a great addition. You would be able to check if your views have gone up on a pending application or the total views on a locked application. I don't think this would take too much time and would be a great change.

Posted Nov 3, 2019
    Mathuu / Mathew and Xukuri like this.
  2. Hey!

I am actually able to view the number of views my applications have quite easily on the mobile website of the forums already. Go to The Applications Hub, select the application you want to see the views on, and then turn your phone landscape and it shows exactly what you would see on the desktop version of the forums. You are then able to see the views on your application from there. I know for sure that this works on iPhone (iOS), but I am not sure it'll work on other mobile phones with different browsers. If it doesn't work on other phones, I agree it would be nice to enable us to see the views on our applications. I do not think it would need a lot of work to add a change like this, but I also think that there are other things that could be worked on that may be of a higher priority before this was to be implemented. I'm curious to see whether my suggestion works on other phones, but I only have an iPhone so I can't test it. Let me know if this worked for you!

Posted Nov 3, 2019
    CowHatake likes this.
  3. Hey

I know this isn’t the Help section but, uhm, they always showed up for me on mobile? I never use the forums on my PC, yet when I was always aware of how many views mine had. I use Safari on my iPhone so there’s a possibility it’s the browser you are using.

If this is something you want to be developed into the website to make it accessible for all mobile devices, then I guess I’m gonna have to disagree with it.
    The amount of views on your application do not matter at all. The only thing that matters is if you get rejected at some point or if you get accepted on a Saturday. As an applicant, you should be aware of how far along the application process you are. If you submitted your application less than 10 days ago and haven’t heard back yet then be patienttttt! You don’t need to know how many views it has, because you will know if you have end up being rejected within those 10 days or invited to an interview. Once the interview happens you move onto the next stage anyway which doesn’t involve your application much at all.

There’s no use to have this implemented because all you need is patience with it; We have a lot to do and patience is very much appreciated.

Posted Nov 3, 2019
    Im_Ken likes this.
  4. This entirely depends on the size of your screen actually, not your browser or anything else. Some phones are big enough to be able to see the view count without needing to turn the phone, other phones you'll need to turn it sideways, and some phones are just too small to see it at all.

Because it's a phone/device issue, I'm not too sure if we would be able to accommodate every single device without it looking weird/messy. We'll definitely look into it though.

Posted Nov 3, 2019
  5. If other professional sites can somehow accomdate it for most devices, wanderer probably could as well

Posted Nov 3, 2019
  6. I did say we would look into it pls
    First Discord now here :sob:

Posted Nov 3, 2019
    Xukuri likes this.
  7. Yo!

I tried to view my reports I've made on both Apple and Android and I actually don't see the views. I don't know, would be nice if they would let us do this. Like, in case someone decides to apply for staff, builder or any positions and want to be able to see their views. This not only for application, but this also goes for forums threads as well. I just go on Google Chrome and press "Desktop Mode" and boom. But yeah, would be great if this could be fixed.

Posted Nov 3, 2019
    iMedia likes this.
  8. I'm just saying so. >:(

Posted Nov 3, 2019
  9. I have an iPhone XS Max, and I couldn't see the numbers or replies and viewers. I have to turn my smartphone in a horizontal way. My phone screen is larger, depending on what phone do you have. There's an option to set it to "desktop mode" and it will automatically take you to the desktop version right away. Some mobile users having troubles when they're browsing on the forums. Personally, I don't because I can find my way to view the numbers of their threads. Browsing on the vertical way on my phone not too difficult, but I have other ways to get around with it.

Anyways, I agree with your idea and the web developers will need to work on revamping the mobile version. +1

Posted Nov 5, 2019