• 2178 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10616 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Should the mineplex discord have a report system?

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by BBoy2003, Aug 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heya! I got a report in my discord DM’a recently for somebody breaking the rules in the mineplex discord and I got the idea about if the mineplex discord should have a reporting system? It will work the same as the in game report system where a user can do /report {username} {reason} in the discord chat, it will then take the reported users messages from the past 5 or so minutes and save them in reports for staff to view and take action on, this helps assure that all reports are documented, dealt with and not overlooked. It would also make discord appeals on the website a lot easier so they can just pull up the report to decide if the appeal should be accepted or not instead of the possibility of no evidence to go by. Should this be a thing?

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  2. I don’t see why not, I’d imagine /report would feed into some sort of “incoming reports” chat that discord moderators would monitor and respond to. I’m not sure if it would be worth the development time when you could just as easily @/DM a moderator.

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  3. Heyo!
    First off, maybe try putting this in the Discord in #discord-suggestions if you haven't already? Anyway, onto the thread.

I don't think this would be a good idea because a lot of players would most likely spam fake reports, especially since it wouldn't be open to everybody. I'm pretty sure this would be the same case in-game as well. I think the idea as a whole is a good idea, just maybe implement a system so every 5 minutes you can create a report? I know people break rules on the Discord and it would be better than pinging all of the moderators.

Overall, I think this would be a good idea with some minor changes to the idea. I hope this gets added, good suggestion and hope I helped!

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  4. This sounds like a pretty good idea. I’ve also got a few reports in my discord dms for someone hacking, so it would save a lot of time to just have a discord reports feature. It would be pretty unique and cool to have as well! This might be more of a difficult task for the developers since they all specialize in different subjects, but this would be good to have, and would definitely be worth the wait. 100% +1 from me.

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  5. I think it’s a good idea for organizational purposes.
    Especially when the discord is pretty active, casual chat can get pretty crazy. And like you said, I definitely think it would help with discord appeals.
    The only thing is that part of me feels like it isn’t that necessary. Most users won’t DM a staff member telling them someone is breaking he rules in the discord chat. They can simply just @discord moderator in public chat. Since there are a lot of discord mods, usually those cases get handled instantly. I haven’t really seen a big issue where discord mods can’t find the rule breaker’s chat message. To me, this feels more convenient than creating a report because then the user will most likely have to wait for a response.

It also might create unnecessary work for discord moderators as they’ll have to deal with pings as well as reports. I guess the pinging system could get removed if this were added but part of me feels like that would result in a decrease in efficiency.

I can see ups and downs in the idea. I think it would help out with organization overall, but I really like the pinging system because it results in fast reactions from discord mods.

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  6. Those players could be easily identified and removed with little to no problems. After all, Discord bans are IP based so it's not like you can come back and do the same thing easily. As for a cooldown of 5 minutes, that should mitigate any "spam" attempts. Yes, this idea needs work, but it could be more beneficial than just pinging the discord mod role and having the offense drowned in hundreds of more messages.

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  7. It may work because it's easier for us to deal with the rule-breakers on Discord. I don't think it should be prioritized at this point. You can simply @Discord-Moderator in chat, and they'll deal with it appropriately. Most of the staff members are online all the time. If they decide to create a custom Discord report, that'll eliminate the pinging @Discord-Moderator.

Overall, I like the idea you have, but I don't think it's necessary to implement the new custom feature. 0

Posted Aug 20, 2019
    Jango_55 and Xion like this.
  8. Well there's already different ways to report people and if there was a system on discord too, everyone would just flock to discord since that would be easier. It would make it seem like the discord was for reporting since a lot of people would utilize that. I think that's why the system was implemented to begin with. The discord is meant for other purposes besides just reporting. This is just my opinion, but I don't think it would work with what the discord is aiming for.

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  9. It is interesting, discord is to communicate. I feel a bunch of people would spam a discord chat. There is already a report section on the website. So I think they could take a screenshot of the reportable message and send it in.

+0

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  10. I honestly don't really see the difference between this and pinging a discord mod - both alert them, and both ways will get the situation handled, but the report system requires work, which I don't really see why it should be done... I think the phrase "don't fix what isn't broken" comes into play here.

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  11. As I stated previously, pinging the discord-mod role often gets drowned in other messages, it's solely for ease of convenience.

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  12. Hiya!

So, I like the idea. Just the only thing is that how you put it. First off, I think they should have a format like this:

Your IGN:
    The Rule Breakers IGN:
    Evidence:

I honestly think it would work much better that way. For now, 0.
    Thank you!
    -Knazamn

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  13. Why would you rather have a less productive system? The amount of people that won't follow that format is crazy. (I moderate a popular discord, trust me, that's not a viable route.

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  14. I think this could potentially be a really good idea in the near future. I don't think it should be something done right away though. As of now, just @'ing a discord-moderator usually takes care of the issue pretty quickly. Adding this though may solve the issue of the moderators who don't see the issue or an issue isn't taken care of. I don't mind it at all.

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  15. I think that some type of reporting system could be an interesting addition. I’m not exactly sure how it would work, as we already have the pingable Discord Moderator role. That works fairly well, so I’m unsure why we would need an entirely new method that would take time to create. I just don’t feel as though it’s completely necessary at this time with the amount of reports and pings we normally receive.

I think you misread the post. They aren’t asking for a reporting system on the Discord for players in-game. They want to be able to report users that are breaking rules in the Discord on the Discord.

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  16. Ahh I see, thanks for correcting me. I was thinking it would connect with ingame somehow :P Then yes, that would be a helpful feature to have though it would take time to develop it efficiently and I’m not sure how much of a priority it would be.

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  17. I'm fifty-fifty on this. I see a few potential issues - like, who is responsible for the reports? Is it Discord Moderators, Staff members in general, etc.? Is there a format for reporting users, and what is the result of a user not abiding by it? For the reporting system on the forums, there's a sub team in place, so how would we approach this - especially considering reports will pile up.

If there was some sort of section that was implemented for users to use that /report command, that would be a great addition. I'm 0 on this idea. It could use some work, but I definitely see it as a possibility.

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  18. ... I'm sorry if I repeat some things that were already said, but

-1. I don't think time should be wasted on this when we already have @Discord-Moderator, which deals with it perfectly fine almost every time. And if it doesn't, just take a screenshot of what was said, and DM an available Discord-Moderator directly like how you already do with DM Advertisement reports.

I don't agree with going through the hassle of creating a command for the bot, when it can easily be done already with what we currently have. The current way is a lot simpler to do as well, and I'd bet my money on it being more efficient.

~Xion

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  19. We will handle the discussion of this internally since it's a staff related feature. Future ideas for discord, should go on the discord, not the website. As the manager of the discord I very often do not look at the website or consider it for potential updates.

For staff the discussion would go in our staff channels, for players it would be #discord-suggestions.

Thanks!

Posted Aug 20, 2019
    FruitVegetables, xOeuf and Xion like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.