• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11797 Players Online
  • 8907 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Should Squad SG be added to the server?

Discussion in 'Survival Games' started by UltimateAllycide, Apr 27, 2020.

?

Is this an idea worth implementing into the server

1. Yes

37.5%
  2. No

62.5%
  1. I've found myself in a party of 4 and getting bored of cake wars, as much as we'd like to play SG, we cannot all be on the same team. Here is my proposal: Squad Survival Games! I'd imagine it to be four teams of four (16 total people, but 24 total people can also work, but might be a bit more messy) Each team will be spawned on opposite sides of mid according to the directions (one team north side, one time south side, one team east side, and one team west side) a perfect map for beta would be Aztec Island. Each chest will have a higher average of necessary items (Weapons, armor, food, etc) and each chest will have a lower average of craft-ables (Iron Ingots, Gold Ingots, Diamonds, etc). At the beginning of the game, there will be 20 seconds of invincibility to prohibit teams from eliminating one person on a team immediately (speed II will also be given to all players). There would also be a limit to 2 people per kit per team (this will prevent quad-ground pound, quad-repel, and quad-vortex). I think the border should close slower than normal to give teams more time to loot, then regroup, then exchange gear if needed. At the end, the border will stop closing at a certain dimensions so there aren't 16 people in a 10x10 block square). There will also be two supply drops on opposite sides of the map (if one spawns north, one will spawn south, and if one spawns east, one spawns west) this will avoid 4v4v4v4 fights at a single location before the border closes into mid. I think kit abilities that affect more than one person should have longer cool downs (additional 5 or 10 seconds to kits like brawler, barbarian, and warlock.) kit abilities that affect one person should stay the same like Knight's hilt smash. If you have any other ideas please comment them so staff can see them!!!

Posted Apr 27, 2020
    Polar8 likes this.
  2. Hey!

This sounds like a great idea but I don't think it should be added. We already have normal (solos) SG and teams, there is no point to have a squad version since those two are enough. If you want to be on a team with friends, just play teams or do it in a MPS. This would also split the SG playerbase a lot, having 3 different versions of SG so that wouldn't be good. Anyways, though I have this opinion, I do like the way you thought this out. Making it to where it would be fair for a 4v4v4v4 scenario.

Overall, I like the idea but I don't think it should be added. I feel like this would be more of a MPS type of game, not public. Thanks for the idea though!

Posted Apr 27, 2020
    BrookMarieXO and Dulciloquy like this.
  3. I would be all for new gamemodes for 4+ people, but I don't know if SG suits that. It would be really hard to coordinate a whole team through the huge terrain, especially when solo queuing. It would also be difficult to sort out distribution of kits - what if you couldn't agree on who was to get a specific kit, or your teammates don't understand/don't read chat and take the kit you wanted? Finally, I agree that it would split up the playerbase too much

Posted Apr 27, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  4. I mean it would be interesting to implement this, but there is already a team game mode for duos and solo SG, and such an idea like this would probably split up the player base consisting of SG casual/competitive players. As a result, this could also make queue times much longer, which would make a lot of players complain. I do like the idea that you posted though, but I think Mineplex has a good amount of games to try out for squads, like bridges, cake wars, or even nano games. As well, I think ideas like these are only meant to be temporary gamemodes, like games that could be in events, or if Weekend brawl was a thing, in those. No hard feelings for your idea, but I think an idea like this wouldn't be very effective, considering it would probably have the same effect it had on UHC and gladiators. It might have some support for a little bit, but it will be a gamemode that will separate the SG community a bit.

Posted Apr 27, 2020
  5. The idea of squads SG does sound ideal on paper, but when looking more into the idea I notice some problems.

Player Base:

As @ItsFree said, creating a new rendition of SG would split the playerbase even more. Although I don't think squads would fill up very often, having 3 versions of SG would reduce player counts on all SG games - something that can't be afforded.

Team Sizes:

With such small player counts divided by teams of 4, games would lack action as teams loot on far sides of the map. The maps are created for singles and doubles as they're large enough to allow for ample looting time without fighting, while also being small enough for action. With their only being 3 other enemy teams, games would be drawn out looting periods where everyone fights at the end.

This could be a solution, but like you said, the game would be too messy.

Kits:

One of the defining characteristics of SG on this server is the kits. By limiting the kits to only half the lobby, only half get to really play the game how it's meant to be played. Additionally, It would be unfair if players were pitted against eachother while only some had kits.

For those reasons, I don't think squads SG would be a good fit for Mineplex.

Edit:
    No you're fine! That's my bad for misreading it. I still have the same feelings towards that though, players shouldn't be limited on what kits they can or cannot pick

Posted Apr 27, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 28, 2020
    ItsFree likes this.
  6. I actually think this would be really fun. It's the closest we've gotten to a new game, however I feel as if other games would need to be updated before another SG update.

Posted Apr 27, 2020
    UltimateAllycide likes this.
  7. I meant only two people per team can have the same kit, I should've reworded that haha

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 27, 2020
  8. I get where you're coming from, but I don't think so for a few reasons. 1. I don't think there is enough demand for it. As this poll shows that majority (70% at the time of writing this) don't think its needed, so I don't see the need to add something in people won't go in on the long run. Sure, people may go on at at first, but once the new-ness of it wears off, many people won't play in squad mode. 2. Survival game teams already exists, so adding squad may as well be a Survival game teams update, where players can choose whether they want to be in a team of 2-4. This can lead to many issues though, as players are certainly going to get left out, which will drive away demand, which judging by how demand is going to already be really low, it might even get rid of all of the survival games teams demand. 3. If you want to play in a squad, you can play cake wars. Yeah, it may get repetitive at times, but it's really close to survival games, just more buying, protecting, stealing, breaking, and building. It's still a heavily PVP based game. Most people who want a survival games squad probably already play it, and when the new-ness of the survival games squad wears off, most people won't go to it as they already have cake wars, so the demand is mostly filled, and the demand for it that isn't filled is too low to it to become practical. These are my thoughts though.

Posted Apr 28, 2020
  9. I say have one individual SG mode where you're allowed to team up to 4 people. Easy as that and makes the game more fun to play with friends and allows you to play more strategic as a solo. I personally don't mind seeing teams of 2, 3 or 4 in solo SG whenever I do see it, in fact, it's fun trying to fight all of them on the right way and winning it. And, if it happens frequently in solo SG there's essentially no difference between the two gamemodes, except the teams mode is just 12 teams of 2 so that everyone has a "teammate". Basically what I'm saying is, I'd rather have one type of SG, and that is, of course, SG. You can play solo, you can play with a friend, you can play with a group of 4, any way you'd like. I might just make a different thread for my opinion, but yea, I don't think a squads SG mode would work out. If somehow it ever came out, it would become popular for a day or two then die out immediately after. I like the idea though.

Posted Apr 28, 2020
  10. UltimateAllycide, your idea is super cool. Survival Games is the most iconic game for servers in Minecraft, Imagine playing as the beastmaster in a team with barbarian, necromancer and archer!
    P.S. I have all of these kits and I must admit that "Necromancer" is the worst kit.

Posted Apr 28, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.

11. I am completely on board with this idea. This would be great for a group of players who are striving to improve their Survival Games skills as a group. This could be better for casual players as well since four of you can team up and the more competitive players can assist the casual ones.

However, I have an issue regarding the kit limit per team. Some players love to use their specified kit. So a better option would be to increase the cooldowns on the kits instead of limiting the types of kits per team. The idea of limiting the types of kits per team may cause players to never play squads at all. How do you feel about this change?

Squad Survival Games can offer a variety of new gameplay styles to the table so I'd love to see this happen! Thank you for suggesting thanks for suggesting this great idea.

Posted Apr 28, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 28, 2020
  12. Hey!
    Personally,I think that this would be a great idea! I too have found myself in a situation where I have more than 2 people in a party and wanted to play SG, but just couldn't because their aren't 4v4s. With a 4v4 gamemode like this, I feel like I would be playing SG for hours, especially since I enjoy playing Survival Games with a large group of friends. Also, this just seems like a great way for Mineplex to expand it's player count, as I'm sure many people would be interested in this gamemode (if it were to come out). However, the only con to this is that the maps would have to be larger, since their would be a lot more players. The problem with this is that the build team would have to make 4v4 maps, which would be a waste since their is already so many SG maps. Now, some people may argue that you don't need to, but with a 4v4 game like this, there would have to be more than 24 players in a lobby, since their would only be 6 teams per lobby. For this gamemode to work out, I would say that each lobby should have either 32, 36, or 40 players, as well as a new set of maps because one, the spawn area would be too small for 32+ players and two, their would need to be a lot more chests. But overall, this seems like a creative and fun idea, you get a +1 from me!

Posted Apr 28, 2020
  13. I am so agree with this idea it’s gonna be so cool

Posted Apr 28, 2020
  14. Yep, squad SG sounds awesome. But SG2 is already considerably less popular than plain ol' SG, so I have a few concerns about players being spread too thin. Despite that, it seems like a good solution to cross-teaming, so I'm all for it.

Posted Apr 28, 2020
  15. no
    splits playerbase, not necessary. Just use teams

Posted Apr 29, 2020
    mab8400 likes this.
  16. If the playerbase was larger, then I guess so.. but I think SG solos and duos are great for now. Some times during the day/night, there is nobody queued for doubles, so I would think there is no point to it. In my opinion I think it would be better to have SG stay as is. The recent update really helped solve a lot of problems plaguing the game mode. I would rather have the resources be spent on an SSM, Block Hunt, or Champions update to balance them, as they did with The Bridges, Cake Wars, and SG.

Posted Apr 29, 2020
    Grqxity likes this.
  17. Look, I love the idea, and I personally would play it as at times, I am in big parties, and we literally have to kill each other whenever we would encounter each other. Unfortunately, as an avid survival games player and thinking for the whole server, I do not think it should be added. First of all, it seems to much of a "battle royal" esque type of game, and that completely goes against what Survival Games is - it's survival, like how you see in the book and movie if we are going to go back that far. Secondly, imagine all four of you are together and have found the most unluckiest loot, and a team of 4, who are completely stacked, come running at you. Boom. Four people wiped out in 15 seconds. It's too fast paced and might ruin player experience.

Posted Apr 29, 2020