• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Should Sheep quest have an achievement kit or not?

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by ~DuvL_, Mar 11, 2019.

?

Should Sheep quest have an achievement kit?

This poll will close on Oct 11, 2019 at 3:12 PM.
  1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    88.9%
  2. Nah

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. ~DuvL_

~DuvL_

So basically, I have completed the Sheep Quest challenges for some time now. I have been checking now and again, if there was an achievement kit or not? I was hoping this would get some ideas?

My idea: I think there should be the achievement kit where you are able to teleport every specific amount of time. Teleporter kit. And teleport whilst having the sheep saddled.
    Lemme know your ideas?

Posted Mar 11, 2019
    AGreedyTeaSipper_ likes this.
  2. Phamtastic

Phamtastic

I mean that I do not see a major downside of having to add an achievement kit, but I think that it will be a decent idea to implement. I do not ever think that it is important to add a new achievement kit since Sheep Quest is a timed gamemode and based on how many sheep in their base. I know some of the Arcade games that have an achievement kit. For example like Dragons Escape that has the achievement kit.

About a new achievement kit, teleporter, what do you mean about teleport every specific amount of time? Do you mean how many times you can use the ability during the game? How long will the cooldown last and what is the exception?

I do appreciate to see a new kit will be added to Sheep Quest, but this will take time whether they are going to implement it or not.

Posted Mar 11, 2019
    AGreedyTeaSipper_, Evence and Kollu like this.
  3. ~DuvL_

~DuvL_

by every specific amount of time, i mean cooldown

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 12, 2019
  4. Chrris

Chrris

Yeah I agree with you, Sheep Quest hasn't had a new kit for a couple of years and adding an achievement kit would be pretty cool. The achievement kit you suggested sounds interesting. I played Sheep Quest and I find that the achievement kit fits in the game pretty well.

Posted Mar 12, 2019
  5. Phamtastic

Phamtastic

Thread moved to New Kit Discussion

Hey there! I want to give you a quick update that I have moved your thread into the New Kit Discussion section as it is best to suit on another section. Like I said that your idea is alright that you have.

Posted Mar 12, 2019
    Kollu likes this.
  6. xUmbreon

xUmbreon

I think that an achievement kit for Sheep Quest would be a pretty good idea. Not sure how long it would take to implement considering there are other projects that need to take priority, but if it can be done then I’d be all for an addition like this.

The kit that you suggested sounds interesting, although it could use a bit more detail. Firstly, where would you teleport? Would you teleport back to your base? How long would the cooldown be? I definitely like where you’re going, I’d just like to see a bit more detail. I definitely agree that a Sheep Quest kit would be a good idea.

Posted Mar 12, 2019
    Evence and Kollu like this.
  7. leo_thya

leo_thya

About the teleport idea, I don’t think it should be added. Given you didn’t give much detail, I’m going to have to assume you’re suggesting an ability to teleport a player in the direction they are looking at on a cooldown. This is idea would conflict with another kit, Beserker (or was it leaper). Both of these kits would be mobility based but you never want to have kits that can do the same thing and do it better than the other. You haven’t given any stats so it’s hard to say right now, but whichever stats are better in the kits, will leave the other kit practically useless.

I have some rough ideas, maybe some sort of hooking kit that can hook sheeps towards the users. Probably not players as that would be way too strong.

Posted Mar 13, 2019
  8. ~DuvL_

~DuvL_

I mean when using the teleporter, I mean teleport where you aim for the pearl to go... Cool down something like a minute or 2 something like that. And Berserker should have A way smaller cooldown than the suggested kit. Also leo_thya, I kind of like the idea for the fishing rod idea or like hooking the sheep into your pen.
    --- Post updated ---
    To Dive into more detail about my kit:
    1) It Should have a longer cool down than berserker (Or leaper).
    2) It Would have a limited amount of pearls per life Example: You survive for 2 minutes and you have 5 or 3 pearls to use per life, once you die the pearls reset and you spawn again with 3 or 5 pearls.
    3) It Could interfere with the beserker kit, however one would be well overpowered than the other one, but that is opinion wise, so that can be ruled out. For instance: Someone may say to someone else; "Bersekrer Is SUCH A GOOD KIT!". The other person may respond, "Ok, have you seen teleporter, though? Its well better than berserker!". That is just opinion wised and does not really interfere with the other mobility based kit as you said, "leo_thya".

That is just an opinion that you would think like, however other people may disagree with you on this one, since they may be more comfortable with Berserker than teleporter. So that really isn't a problem with this achievement kit.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 17, 2019
  9. TL;DR

TL;DR

TL;DR:

I don't see a big downside for adding an achievement kit. I think that it would be decent. I don't think it's important to add, since Sheep Quest has a timer counting down and the objective is to collect sheep. Some Arcade games, like Dragon Escape have an achievement kit.

What do you mean by "teleport every specific amount of time"? Do you mean how many times you can use the ability during the game? How long would the cooldown be?

I'd appreciate a new kit in Sheep Quest, but it will take time no matter if this is implemented or not.

ps: That was really difficult to read. Sorry if I got some stuff wrong.

Posted Mar 17, 2019
  10. ~DuvL_

~DuvL_

Bruh, that is the second time a person asked me that! I mean the cooldown of using a PEARL!
    Thanks!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 17, 2019
  11. FuzzyJunior

FuzzyJunior

Hey, I too have all of the sheep quest achievements and would love to see an achievement kit added. The game has been quite standard for a long time now and the introduction of a new kit could change up the way the game is played and maybe make it more enjoyable and fresh for experienced players.

Sadly, I do not really agree with the kit you presented, but I am still keen on the idea of introducing an achievement kit in general. Before I go into what I feel is flawed with the kit, I want to make sure that I do recognize the strengths of your idea as there are some recognizable ones. Firstly, I love the idea of a mobility-based kit. We may already have berserker, but the success of that kit is apparent for any experienced player and having the achievement kit harness this mobility would make it really strong. This is the direction I'd direct anyone designing kit towards, so that's fantastic.

As for my criticisms, I first want to address the fact that you mentioned this kit would use ender pearls. Even with a cooldown that is longer than beserker, enderpearls would be ridiculously strong in sheep quest. Firstly, the mobility granted by enderpearls is already insane, allowing you to travel countless blocks in the blink of an eye. If you were stealing sheep from an enemy team, you could easily enderpeal away and steal 3 sheep with ease. That's awfully problematic in my opinion.
    Secondly, the reason beserker isn't a ridiculous kit is due to the fact that it moves significantly fewer blocks than an enderpearl would, but also because the time it takes to travel through the air allocate archers to take shots, releasing sheep from the berserker's grip. Sheep also slow down every other kit, so even with 3 sheep a leap from berserker would be stunted if their hands were full with sheep. This would be completely disregarded by the presentation of an enderpearl.

You could argue these aspects could be fixed in production, but even the idea of teleporting whilst holding sheep sounds like a pain to code.

So this will be a -1 from me as I can see the kit being flawed in practice, but with some tweaking, I could see some awesome potential for a mobility based achievement kit in Sheep quest that presents something new to the game mode.

Posted Mar 25, 2019
    Evence likes this.
  12. LappySheep

LappySheep

make it so that you only get 1 enderpearl for the entire game, and you can get 1 enderpearl back by collecting 10 sheep.

this should also have a 240 second cooldown

and it should also deal 9 hearts of damage

tl;dr - there would be no way to make this balanced whatsoever, go next

Posted Mar 25, 2019
  13. ~DuvL_

~DuvL_

Yeah LappySheep, That is not a good idea

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 25, 2019
  14. Jaekub

Jaekub

I think Sheep Quest could use an achievement kit. I have my own idea for the kit, though. I think there should be a kit called Frosty. You get one Snowball every 6 seconds and can hold up to 3. The Snowballs inflict Slowness and causes a player to drop any sheep that they're holding.

Sheep Quest does need an achievement kit. +1

Posted Mar 29, 2019
  15. ~DuvL_

~DuvL_

Hey,
    I like your idea!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 29, 2019
  16. Evence

Evence

Heya!

I am indifferent on the addition of an achievement kit for Sheep Quest, since it is not an actively played game within the community. Although, I don't see the harm in adding one for those who still enjoy playing Sheep Quest the occasional time, and to give a further sense of achievement for completing the achievements. Moreover, I don't see this as a top priority, due to the inactivity of the game itself.

If an achievement kit were to be added, I believe the one you provided is a good start, but requires further elaboration in order for me to go more in-depth with my opinion on it.

To conclude, I am neutral in the addition of an achievement kit for Sheep Quest due to other more significant changes needing to be prioritized. But, I am not fully opposed for it to be added in the future.

Posted Mar 29, 2019
  17. Waspter

Waspter

Hello,

I don't feel like your idea would be a good addition to due it being way too overpowered and frustrating to play against. Enderpearls already have a notorious reputation for having little to no counterplay due to its teleportation ability. Especially in games like Sheep Quest where the enemy team has to have some sort of counterplay to try and get the sheeps back, enderpearls simply don't allow that and you can just teleport away. It would also be extremely hard to balance.

However, I would absolutely love to see a new Achievement Kit. I'm not sure what it would do or what you have to do in order to get it, but it would be cool to have one so players can work towards a goal. If you have any further suggestions, you can just create one. If you do decide to create one, I'll be on the lookout for the thread!

Have a great day.

Posted Apr 4, 2019
  18. SkarmMines

SkarmMines

I agree with the idea of Sheep Quest having an achievement kit as it’s something I’ve always been interested in seeing, however I don’t think your idea would be the best approach for it.

Sheep Quest is a pretty simplistic game with kits that are easy to maneuver and hold the vanilla pvp aspect (besides leap) and with the addition of ender pearls, it can hold a big advantage over other players and make things messy. Not to mention that the leap feature was basically designed for getting away from/chasing people whether it be from pvp or getting a sheep, and it essentially does the same thing an ender pearl would do, so having both would be pretty redundant.

Posted Apr 4, 2019,
    Last edited Apr 7, 2019