• 381 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2960 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Should Mineplex Have A Tournament For All Combat Games?

Discussion in 'Combat Games' started by Divize, Jan 5, 2019.

1. I’ve been thinking of this for about a couple months now and I’m finally going to bring it out. A competition for the best players on Mineplex for each game. This can spice up Mineplex and provide others the wonderful experience that they’re the best player. These are some ways you can go about setting up the tournament: First, there can be the elimination rounds where everyone participates. At the end the elimination rounds will demonstrate who will go to the Championship. After the elimination rounds, the Championship consists of the quarter finals, semi finals, and the finals. This is just a way you guys can create the tournament as stated above.

Let’s see those replies! Have a great day everyone.

Posted Jan 5, 2019
  2. This seems like a very interesting idea and one I would be a fan of if it ever happened. The only issue would be setting up this massive tournament. I would like to see how this will end out!

Posted Jan 5, 2019
    KingKellen likes this.
  3. I think this would be very fun! However hard to pull off, it would encourage new players to get better.

Posted Jan 5, 2019
    KingKellen likes this.
  4. Of course! It’s something that can take a little time to setup.
    --- Post updated ---
    Definitely. I agree with you. Nothing is too hard to pull off! Lmao

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 5, 2019
  5. This seems like a very cool idea, so I would definitely want to see it! However, this would be a bit hard to pull off, but with enough dedication and work into this, it can definitely happen! Keep on making suggestions, and good luck with this getting accepted!

Posted Jan 5, 2019
  6. Hey,
    Games like SSM or Champions have their own leagues but they're unofficial and hosted privately and give away non-mineplex related prizes.
    On that note, an official league for each combat game would make games more competitive, involve the community much more, but also possibly bring in new players as it would probably be a big idea.
    It's a cool thought, big oeuf points to you my man <3

Posted Jan 5, 2019
  7. you may be missing something

ms open
    both botbs
    now the cotc
    [still no champions tournament though but ig we're fine with it bc game is br0ken]

Posted Jan 15, 2019
  8. I think this would be a great idea. I would love to see an Sg or skywars one. I’d participate myself as well. Though from above people are right, it’s going to need encouragement for people to join.

Posted Feb 4, 2019
    ezlee6 likes this.
  9. Seems like an awesome idea to me. We just need to see if enough players would be willing to do it. Many factors are going to have to come into play as well; scheduling, organizing it, and a few other things.

Posted Feb 4, 2019
  10. It should be announced if any new tournaments happen; So people who do want to help organize (like myself) it can do so. Making it easier. Also I’m sure if the tournament is somewhat advertise on the actual mineplex server people would love to join.

Posted Feb 4, 2019
  11. Usually before they announce a tournament they have everything set up and ready to go, they have a team of organisers/coordinators that coordinate and organise the tournaments.

Posted Feb 4, 2019
  12. Though what if there are people who would like to help organize? That’s what I mean by like announcing it. And then when it is fully announced and ready to go that’s when you would advertise on the server.

Posted Feb 4, 2019
  13. I agree. I feel like spreading attention to it on the server would help out a lot because many players don't use the forums or are in the Mineplex Discord.

Posted Feb 4, 2019
  14. Creating Super Smash Mobs Tournaments, I am going to Support that 9001%

Posted Feb 4, 2019
  15. Usually if they are running a tournament, the PDCL (Competitive League) tunes in and helps them run it, meaning they usually have a full set of coordinators set and ready to go already when the tournament is even thought of

Posted Feb 5, 2019
  16. SSM, Champs, MS, Cakewars, and Bridges all have a competitive scene of some kind (though some are more active than others).

Additionally, some of the combat games do not have an existing format that is beneficial for the integrity of a competitive tournament.

Posted Feb 5, 2019
  17. I definitely agree! I see a lot of Cake Wars and Bridges tournaments, but I feel other "Combat Games" should get some love too! There are a few games that most definitely need a tournament, like SG, SSM, and SkyWars. I would love to see people from all over coming together in these "Combat Games" and competing in a tournament there.

Posted Feb 5, 2019
  18. I like the idea. I think, that there are tournaments organised from communities. I'm not sure, but official tournaments would be cool too, but how would the teams get organised( if it's a team game)? Maybe you could sign up, but you can't be sure, that your teammates are gonna show up.

I personally wouldn't mind if this would be added. It would give others have a chance to get involved. Thanks for reading this

Posted Feb 5, 2019
  19. I think the Idea would be amazing but before that there should be a qualifier for everyone who wants to join or a test of somekind to split up players with less skills in combat to players with more skills kind of like a division there being up to 3.

Posted Aug 7, 2019
  20. To keep it short and sweet YES

Posted Aug 22, 2019