• 3013 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11451 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Should Gladiators have Kits?

Discussion in 'Surveys' started by Cupi Wupi / CupAWup, May 27, 2019.

1. Should Gladiators have kits? I think it should have kits, plus kits make a game unique and fun!

Posted May 27, 2019
    Diyn and tommy // digital like this.
  2. Heyo!

I disagree. I don't believe Gladiators should have kits as it could be an unfair advantage. Gladiators is a 1v1 game mode and I think it would be unfair for those who don't have the kits unlocked. Those who do have the kits unlocked could easily win against the default kit. I would agree with this idea if the kits were balanced and it gave everyone a fair advantage, but as you haven't listed any ideas for kits I'm going to disagree with this idea.

Posted May 27, 2019
    rexh17 likes this.
  3. Hey there,

I’m going to have to disagree with this idea. If you want a PVP game-mode with a variety of abilities and kits, Mineplex already offers a lot of those. Gladiators has always been a place where I could just straight PVP with no fancy abilities, and I like that game-mode. While I enjoy all the special kits Mineplex has come out with for their game-modes, I do believe the server also needs a game-mode with little to no abilities, just for player who like normal PVP to enjoy themselves. Sometimes the basics are just fine.

Posted May 27, 2019
    rexh17, DeMotD and PapiKirito like this.
  4. Hi,
    I disagree with this idea - in a competitive PvP environment, having kits would make the game extremely unfair, since there will always be some kits that are more powerful than others, there are some kits that are just straight-up broken, etc. There's one server in particular that I'm thinking of right now, though I can't name names. They have a gamemode called Ranked Skywars, and essentially, there are kits in it. The issue with this is that it's an extremely competitive environment, so often, some of the kits don't get put to use at all! If you want to have a competitive environment, you can't introduce variables like kits into the equation.

Posted May 27, 2019
    rexh17 likes this.
  5. I'm going to disagree with this. Gladiators is supposed to be an evenly matched battle, so adding kits that appeal to some wouldn't fit with the game. There wouldn't be any kits to add that wouldn't essentially break the game as you already receive a sword, bow, arrows, and a rod, which can be used many in many different ways, with each way appealing to a certain player or type of player. This keeps the game balanced and fun for all players.

Posted May 27, 2019
    rexh17 likes this.
  6. Like Jkaebub said Gladiators is meant to be an evenly matched PVP. If you were to add kits into Gladiators then you'll just turn the game from Gladiators to KitPVP.

Posted May 27, 2019
  7. Herro!

Like others have said above, I'm going to disagree as well. Gladiators was made to have a "Pure PVP" aspect to it, and it did that successfully other than the large amount of cheaters in it. They've had Champions x Gladiators in the past, and those were fun but also didn't feel the same as the game is meant to be at its core. Sorry, but its a -1 from me.

Posted May 27, 2019
  8. Gladiators is designed to give you the most fair inventory with one another, and to battle. It's not a test of how you can use your abilities or such, it's a test of simply pvp expertise. As a result, adding abilities destroys it's purpose, as they can give unfair advantages, amongst other things. You want ability pvp, you want champions.

Posted May 27, 2019
  9. Hi!
    I disagree with this idea. I think the thing that makes gladiators special is a fair, even pvp with no abilities. It's meant to be pure pvp, not with abilities.

Posted May 27, 2019
  10. Hey! I disagree with the idea of adding kits to Gladiators. Gladiators has always been one of the PvP games on Mineplex that doesn't have any kit abilities. Kit abilities sometimes make the determining factor in fights about who can land the first hit with their ability. Gladiators is a place that myself and many others would go to play when we just wanted a pure PvP experience, no kits and no RNG determining the different type of gear; Just a pure and equal PvP experience. I think that by adding kits to Gladiators, it'd ruin the ideals of the game. If you want a game where kits add different aspects to the game, Mineplex offers many of them; Some of these being Survival Games, Champions and Bridges.

Overall, I disagree with this idea.

Posted May 27, 2019
  11. Personally, I’m going to have to say I disagree because (As some people maybe stated above) gladiators is meant for 1v1s that are fair and where each player gets the same kit as their opponent, making it equal to both sides.

Posted May 27, 2019
  12. We don't need to introduce a meta into such a simple and small game, just keep it how it is.

Posted May 27, 2019
  13. Hello there o/

I don't think that Gladiators needs any additional kits. The game is simply supposed to be equal fighting rounds where it is only focused on the 1v1 combat aspect. I love gladiators and changing the game now, especially that it's not as popular as it once was, and almost replaced by Nano Battles, I think there's no need to change it.

Overall I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one, but I encourage you to keep making suggestions! :)

Posted May 27, 2019
  14. Hello!

I really don't think it's needed for Gladiators to have several kits. The reason behind this is because as said above, the entire point of Gladiators is to 1v1 equally. Having kits would result in it being very unbalanced. It's supposed to be intended as a place where you can have clean and vanilla fights. -1 from me, however I hope to see you keep making more ideas! Thanks for sending it!

Posted Jun 2, 2019
    Cupi Wupi / CupAWup likes this.
  15. I would not agree to adding kits to gladiators. Each round already gives you more, but the game is suppose to be pvp, player vs player, no one having anything over the other. The armor you get each round is to make it a little tougher, but you also get a higher weapon, this game is how you fight against a player with the exact same thing on

Posted Jun 2, 2019
  16. Gladiators is solely based upon pvp. And adding kits would make the game oversimplified than it needs to be

Posted Jun 2, 2019
  17. The reason I prefer Gladiators over kitpvp type servers is like many other people said, the kits. Some kits have an unfair advantage and it's purely to find out who's more skillful given what they have. It's like comparing two things that aren't alike, like you've probably heard, an apple to an orange. I do think a good alternative to this would be if they added like soup duels and pot duels and different queues you could join in but I do think people that are 1v1ing should have the exact same things.

Posted Jun 15, 2019
  18. I’m going to have to disagree with you on this one. I really like the fact that Gladiators is a raw PvP game. With most of the PvP games on Mineplex most of the time a player wins because of how well they can use their chosen kit, not how good they are at PvP. Gladiators will always be one of my favourite games because it solely showcases your PvP ability, and I really like PvP. However, if you have any suggestions for kits I’d be open to hear them. Overall, I’m going to give this a -1

Posted Jun 23, 2019
  19. just no

Posted Jun 23, 2019
    PapiKirito likes this.
  20. Hey!

As many have stated, Gladiators is fully a skill based game, and I believe it should believe it should be treated as one. Although I do think that adding kits would make the game more unique, I think it would take away the main purpose of the game. :)

Posted Jun 24, 2019
    Diyn likes this.