• 2493 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5072 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Should Gem Hunters be Brought back?

Discussion in 'Combat Games' started by Kombat_8, Nov 19, 2019.

?

Should gem hunters be brought back?

1. Yes, its should absolutely!

9 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No, I never liked it

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Have you ever played a mini game so good, that it got removed and you have been craving it ever since? For most that would be no. But for me that game has been Gem Hunters. It was honestly one of the most addictive mini games mineplex ever put out. Now i do understand why it was removed because of the economy and hackers but it always gave me a rush. It was like a cross breed of survival games and Gems. That's what made it so fun and interesting. Each time you'd log in you always had a different experience. Now i believe that if you were to bring it back you should have some differences. For example only have up to hero rank in unlock-able ranks through gem hunters. Now next thing they should do is only allow so many times a day you can re spawn, also make it so the highest unlock able chest is mythical. I believe that will make Gem hunters the perfect. What are your thoughts on this?

Posted Nov 19, 2019
  2. I think the reason Gem Hunters failed can be boiled down to a single interaction between then-GI member CubicB and Moppletop (a DEV who at the time was working on GH):

CubicB: "Hey Mopple, have you seen the duplication bug in Gem Hunters?"
    Moppletop: *Deep, deep sigh* "Which one?"

Posted Nov 20, 2019
    Fall likes this.
  3. I liked gem hunters a lot but there were a couple issues that pretty much crippled the game. The one stated as the main reason for removal is the sheer amount of bugs and maintenance it took to keep the game running smoothly. The team was spread thin then and I'm pretty sure our dev team has even less power now.

The next reason, and imo the one that hurt the game far more than bugs/glitches was the hackers. It's one thing to get hacked on in a 5-10 minute game of micro battles or cakewars when it's just a one game stat loss, but when you spend 5+ hours grinding to earn an omega chest but as soon as you get it you are hunted down by bhoppers, it just absolutely ruins the experience. There were a couple of ideas thrown out to combat this such as a sub team for staff specifically meant to monitor GH (similar to c mods), as well as a possible lvl minimum to be able to get into gem hunters, but both of those were shot down for various reasons so the game was just infested by alt scum.

Lastly, we get 1-2k players on average now, which is about a third, if not less, of the playerbase we had when GH was originally launched. If it couldn't last then, I can only imagine it would be even more difficult to keep it alive now with 2k people stretched over 20+ games

While I liked gem hunters (especially how it enabled obtaining cosmetics and omega chests through skillful playing, rather than paying), it just has too many issues to be worth bringing back. If, by some miracle, Mineplex explodes again and somehow obtains the resources it needs to run efficiently, then I would love to see it brought back, but at this point in time I just don't think it's a good idea.

Posted Nov 20, 2019
    Crash and JMPhase like this.
  4. I don’t think this game should be brought back. I loved it too, but it had a great deal of problems.

For one, bugs. There were so many issues with this game and fixing it just didn’t seem realistic. Not enough people played it to justify dedicating what would be at the time most of the developers attention to the game to fix all of the bugs it had.

Secondly, the game was a hacker haven, like @SpitefulNick said. I remember specifically playing that game and grinding so hard only to lose all of it in a matter of seconds. The game just didn’t work with the volume of hackers Minepex had then, and wouldn’t work now.

Ultimately, the game had too many issues to justify it staying, and on top of the declining player count, keeping it just seemed wrong.

Posted Nov 20, 2019
    JMPhase likes this.
  5. Lol, I was thinking that you guys are talking about the achievement. Any way, I think that this game can be just reworked. I mean delete something or change some features

Posted Nov 20, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  6. I was going onto the forums to suggest gem hunters to be brought back. But I guess I don't have to!

Posted Dec 3, 2019 at 6:27 PM
    FluteVegetables likes this.