• 468 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2843 Players Online
  • 2375 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Should Cake Wars have more kits?

Discussion in 'Surveys' started by cupojoedgfndiditlydobgdf, May 13, 2019.

1. Read the title. I say yes!!!

Posted May 13, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  2. I think it should only have four or five kits. I wouldn't mind having one more kit on Java that is somewhat unique. Having a bunch of different kits would kind of be crazy and would disallow players to tell exactly which kit a different player is using.

Posted May 13, 2019
  3. I wouldn’t mind more kits for Cake Wars on Java, but I do know that bedrock only has 3 kits because they don’t have frosting. If you have any ideas I’m happy to give input.

Posted May 13, 2019
  4. I would not mind another kit. A new kit idea I can think of off the top of my head that is balanced would be "Duplicator." Players using this kit would be able to duplicate bricks and emeralds by multiplying their current amount by 2. The duplicated resources will then be enchanted as they are only usable by whoever did that.

+1

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted May 13, 2019
  5. Hello there!

Well... This question could be answered in many ways but I think the most thoughtful one is this: if there's any concept for a new kit that could perfectly integrate into the game mechanics... well, of course it should be added!
    But it's quite hard to think about a new kit that could fit the standards and wouldn't ruin the overall balance. There have been more kit concepts that got denied because did not fill the proper criteria.

If you have any idea that could transform into a concept for a new kit, you should totally start a thread about this over the New Kit Discussion area. People will give their feedback and afterwards, the responsible team will review it and decide whether it should be added or not.

Have a nice day! <3

Posted May 13, 2019
  6. Cake Wars seems like a relatively simple game and it is very tempting to try to beef it up with new kits and such but I think that would actually take away from the game. New kits and unnecessary changes might make it less fun and much more messy and unattractive to new players.

Of course there should be updates and changes, but the simplicity of the game is appealing to me and many others and for that reason, I believe Cake Wars should stay as it is with minor updates down the road.

-DigitalPotato *.*

Posted May 17, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  7. Hi Digital_Potato_

Posted May 17, 2019
  8. Personally I don't think it's in dire need of a new kit, but if someone were to come up with a kit that was balanced and fits in well with the other kits it has currently I wouldn't be opposed. I like how Cake Wars is pretty straightforward and not too over complicated, so I wouldn't wanna see a bunch of new kits, but another well balanced one that doesn't take away from any of the current kits could be a nice edition.

Posted May 17, 2019
  9. No

Posted May 17, 2019
  10. Personally, I would like the variety change, but I don’t see this happening in the future. I believe this would make everything uneven and not balanced. I see mineplex possibly adding one or two more kits, but I don’t think mineplex will splurge with kits for this mini game.

Please also note: It is very hard to come up with balanced kit ideas for mini games. They have to do many tests and bug fixes to make sure everything is perfect for users to play the game. Not to mention, some kits may lead to glitches that will make unfair advantages happen a majority of the time if Mineplex were to splurge on kits.

Posted May 17, 2019
  11. I'll have to agree with a few others above myself on this thread. Kits and adding new ones is always a touchy topic on specific games; as they can truly make or break it. I don't think this is any different for Cake Wars in my opinion. What we have now works, and while some may disagree, adding more doesn't seem like the best idea for the future of Cake Wars.

Most kits that are suggested for the game are normally overpowered or completely unnecessary. Unless something is suggested that will truly benefit the game, we don't need new kits. In fact, frosting is still a very controversial kit. Possibly we can look at why people dislike it so greatly and work to fix it if that is what people are still truly annoyed about. (Not completely aware of the progress on that? o-o)

Posted May 17, 2019
  12. I wouldn’t mind having a few more kits on Cake Wars. It just depends on whether or not we can come up with any more balanced kits.

Posted May 17, 2019