• 1080 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9518 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Should Cake Wars have lava/water buckets?

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by fightlive3, Jul 9, 2019.

1. I do agree that having Water Buckets in-game would have to include some ground rules. 1st. You could make "Water bucket" be a team upgrade, like healing station. And 2nd. Waterfall camping could be punishable. (about camping: maybe the boarder wall closes upwards too??)

--Killling

Posted Aug 1, 2019
  2. In Clans, back in the Season 2, Mineplex disabled cobblestone generators. I do not see any reason why they cannot do the same for Cakewars.
    -Someone who hates Frosting players

Posted Aug 9, 2019
  3. In my opinion, I don't think so. Cake Wars is a fun game where if you get knocked off you die! But with water buckets if everyone placed them across the map it would be chaos! People could just keep buying them and flood the map with lava/water!

Posted Aug 9, 2019
  4. Wouldn’t it start fires and be able to make cheap obsidian? And if it can start fires it can light a nether portal. (The lava)

Posted Aug 21, 2019
  5. Lava buckets would make an unstoppable cake defence lol

Posted Aug 21, 2019
    FruitVegetables likes this.
  6. Lava buckets could be used to make an OP bed defense(as stated by other people) and players could "spam" it, which unless you have a bow or enderpearls you really don't have a chance. Water, on the other hand, water might be a nice idea. It would be annoying to get through but they could add some type of depth strider upgrade to the game. You could also use water to MLG off a tall building to negate fall damage.

So I'll give this idea a 0.

Posted Aug 21, 2019
  7. No offence to you, but I don’t think this would be a very good idea. As, like others said, it would be easily abused. Lava is an OP cake defence, and water can easily save someone from falling off the map.

Posted Aug 22, 2019
  8. I agree that water and lava buckets would be pretty overpowered. While it would put a new twist to the game, as others have said, it creates even more issues with eating another team's cake. It also can be very overpowered in a PvP fight with lava. You take damage from the fire that it sets and you can't run away quickly from another player because you are taking the damage. It's a double whammy and seems like something that would have a huge advantage of players that don't have lava also or at least water to put themselves out from the fire. That's also not to mention that obsidian traps would come to fruition if water and lava became available.

Posted Aug 23, 2019
  9. I agree with Farmer Orange on this one. The whole point of the map having void is to be knocked INTO the void NOT being able to get back up. However, the idea of having water buckets (Not including lava buckets right now)
    totally contradicts the idea of being knocked into the void.

Posted Aug 23, 2019
  10. I don't think these additions would effect the game in a positive manner sadly, I feel as if it would cause games going on longer say if you spend a couple minutes climbing back up a water fall over the void and as many other brought up the spawn points being blocked in. I see the vision but overall am not for the addition. <3

Posted Aug 24, 2019