• 3455 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11893 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Shotgun and Machine Gun

Discussion in 'Super Paintball' started by NexXPlayer, Aug 13, 2019.

?

What change should be made?

1. Nerf Shotgun

2. Buff Machine Gun

3. Other (Share Below)

4. None, the kits are fine as it is

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. These kits are very-very weird

Shotgun:

So the shotgun kit can pretty much outclass any kit in the game besides rifle if you are skilled with the rifle kit.

The shotgun kit has Speed 2, which can be used to rush and one-shot anyone that you come into contact with, and takes a bit of skill
    Now I wouldn't have a problem with this kit if it wasn't the most overused kit, it takes out the variety of fights because you pretty much
    know that you are gonna run into a shotgun in pretty much every fight, and in my opinion, it is very annoying

Machine Gun:

The Machine Gun Kit I can only describe as stupid, (This is a long one)

Okay so first, this kit gets destroyed by shotgun, doesn't matter how good you are.
    Unless you hit every shot at a med-long range before they close the gap, you are dead. So shotgun has speed 2, and you have 0 SPEED, like
    cmon mineplex even the rifle kit has at least speed 1, So even if you stay at a range, as stated above you're gonna die if you don't kill them in med-long range,
    and most of the maps are designed as if there is a brief moment when an enemy is in medium-range and you can kill them, but if you slip up and don't kill them, they
    can immediately close the gap cause of cover, and on top of that, the gun takes 4 SHOTS TO KILL ONE PERSON, meaning as a machine gun against a shotgun,
    you have to try your best to hit 4 shots on a fast-moving target, that can close gaps fast and one-shot you, AND ON TOP OF THAT, HE CAN HEAL ANY DAMAGE YOU
    THROW AT HIM, meaning if you hit 3 shots on him, and he heals SORRY, re-do, those shots don't matter anymore. And he can do this 3 WHOLE TIMES, and your gun
    has a fire rate of 3 shots per second, a little reminder that the rifle kit shoots at 2 shots per second (Might be inaccurate) and rifle kit can kill someone in two shots
    that means that the rifle kit can kill someone in a second. I feel as though the rifle kit is supposed to be a default class but idk. So in my eyes, a default class can
    outgun a fully automatic gun,

Note: Some of these problems apply to Rifle and Sniper, but they're important especially against shotgun

Conclusion:

Honestly, my point is I feel as though there has to be either a buff to machine gun, like increase his time to kill to 3 shots or, increase the fire rate of the weapon,
    maybe even give the kit some speed or a nerf to shotgun, either the shotguns speed or decrease the number of times he can heal
    or something, because you shouldn't have to switch classes if you want to kill things in this game. Idk if its cause I'm bad at the game or if I'm using machine gun wrong but
    these are just my thoughts, tell me what you guys think.

Edit: A lot of people seem to think that I think the shotgun kit is OP. I think the shotgun kit is good, but I don't think its OP/Broken, my only issue with it is that it is overused and completely counters machine gun

Posted Aug 13, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 14, 2019
    PapiKirito likes this.
  2. I would not say this kit is broken, just rather an all or nothing. If you hit someone in close rage with the shotgun, it is almost guaranteed a kill. If you miss, however, you give the opponent a big chance to paint you as the shotgun takes a few seconds to reload. Seen as it is only most effective being within at most several blocks from enemies,this increases the risk of being painted as if you miss, that makes you an easy target. The cons and pros are quite even from the looks of it.

If you jitter click instead of holding, the machine gun shoots faster which can completely throw off the opponent's aim and overwhelm them. The rifle is the most common gun used in battle so it makes sense to have it as the default kit. A rifle kit must actually play smart and aim with precision in order to beat a machine gun. The machine gun kit is a lot better than you described it as.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Aug 13, 2019
    NexXPlayer likes this.
  3. Thanks for the criticism/advice!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 13, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  4. Shotgun can not outclass every kit. Ever since Super Paint Ball came out, I've been playing rifle. Just sit a corner of the map, if you can aim, shoot your rifle. This strategy sometimes works for Sniper, however; most skilled players can make quick work of a Sniper.
    --- Post updated ---
    We need to buff Sniper

Posted Aug 13, 2019
  5. shotgun player for over 10k games, trying to be unbiased
    i've used all kits before, but mg and sniper i don't have as much experience with
    recent update made this almost completely useless, thank god

crazy that a shotgun is going to outperform a machine gun at close range

????? you are now complaining about your own skill level and not the game
    even if you do miss your shots at medium range, it really isn't that hard to change your position relatively quick (in most cases) to find another angle

those shots did matter cause now you got rid of a potion from the enemy team. anyways, if you are able to get 3 shots on him and he's able to revive himself 3 times over, you clearly are not at close range and thus you really should not have to worry about getting 1 shot. you can do the exact same to his shots (just with less efficiency, but that's not the point brought up)

that's because it is the default kit for all players

and the fully automatic gun takes much less skill to use than a default gun. yes, it can outgun a full auto, but you also need to have a higher skill level to use it well. not sure about the 2 shots / second thing so not gonna comment on that

probably impossible with how damage is currently in (1/4 health increments)

we need to not do that

if that's your experience, then i can't give much advice but to learn how to counter the kit. it has a 1.4 second reload, i've died many, many times to MG at close range from missing a single shot

Posted Aug 13, 2019
    Xukuri and _Prof_ like this.
  6. I agree that the shotgun is a bit OP, seeing as I can't play any other class if I want to get kills. Semi-automatic rifle does pretty good, but it requires more than a single hit to knock a player out, so what's the point?

Full-auto means more spread, and you can get accurate with short controlled bursts... But then you'd end up with a semi-auto again

Like you said, you get speed II with the shotgun class as if that's supposed to help counteract the time it takes to reload each shot. Doesn't really make sense that you have to reload every shot, unless the shotgun's got a +0 plug.

Posted Aug 13, 2019
  7. First, yes the shotgun can outgun the machine gun as the gun has a very slow fire rate, and once again, 4 shots to kill with a projectile weapon on a fast-moving target that can one-shot you, that can also redo the shots hit.
    mate, you have no idea what these guys are capable of because this literally happens to me every game, I shoot the shotgun three times, he heals, and by the time I manage to hit 3 shots on him again either he kills me or another shotgun rolls in and kills me, sometimes I'm able to secure a kill but most of the time option 1 or 2 happens. Also, I never said they DO heal themselves three times over, I'm just saying they can. But most of the time one water bomb is enough to give them enough time to finish you off.
    You must be dying to some god-tier machine gun players if they're able to finish you off solo after you missing one-shot, when you can strafe with speed 2
    --- Post updated ---
    Honestly, it doesn't make sense but it's probably the only thing preventing the shotgun from being OP

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 14, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 15, 2019
  8. The hard thing about this Is I don't really think shotgun is OP, it's just overused AF and makes the game not fun for me when everyone is running it. Another thing is that it's pretty much META on every single map, which can't be said about any other kit.

As for Mg, I would agree it sucks. Rifle outguns it medium-long range and sg outguns it short range. Heck, the only time where I would place my bets on an MG is a close range fight with a sniper. I thought the kit was perfectly fine when you could spam it by jittering. I would like to either see it be able to jitter again or receive speed 1.

Posted Aug 14, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 14, 2019
  9. Hiya!

As of right now, I don't believe that the Shotgun kit is overpowered. Hence the name, you need to be quite close to opponents to do sufficient damage, which is the purpose of the kit. When you are farther back using the kit, the odds of hitting players are quite low. In addition, the cooldown on the kit balances it out as well, which is why I don't see a problem with the Shotgun at the moment. However, I definitely agree that the Machine gun needs a buff. As of now, I don't see any situation where the kit is the best option to use. Personally, I don't think that the kit should have any cooldown at all, while having a faster fire rate. Furthermore, I would also like to see a very slight buff to the Sniper kit. I believe that the kit should have a faster reload scope speed to help balance it out, even though I still enjoy playing it. Overall, due to seeing a few strong arguments on this threat, this is a +0.5 for me! Have a fantastic day! :)

Posted Aug 14, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 17, 2019
  10. The shotgun isn’t over powered. Each bullet does one damage, and even if you think this kit is over powered which it isn’t it’s not like you can’t use it yourself. The bullets aren’t like sniper bullets which are basically instant so you can dodge them. The reload time is also kinda slow. Each kit also has its advantages and disadvantages. Just use the machine gun in the right way.

Posted Aug 20, 2019 at 10:01 PM
    Yato likes this.
  11. The basic gun 2 hits players.
    The machine gun is far quicker than the shot gun.
    The shotgun shoots a few pellets that each deal 1 damage.
    Sniper is semi-difficult to get and hard to use.
    I have tried all of these kits as I own them

I don't see any balancing needed.

Posted Aug 21, 2019 at 11:03 AM
    Apollo317 and Xukuri like this.