• 2363 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 15803 Players Online
  • 13440 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Shortening BL Game Time

Discussion in 'Bomb Lobbers' started by mab8400, Nov 27, 2020.

1. sometimes bomb lobbers games can go upwards of 20 minutes, which is really inconvenient for people who are waiting for the next rotation. this has happened so many times and it is extremely often that players say "hurry up" "can you just die already" etc. What I personally think would solve this is to make the maps smaller/have less depth so that inevitably, one team will have no platform to stand on. This way, there doesn't actually have to be a limit of time per say, but rather the games naturally go by faster. if changing the maps isn't an option, then I think that there should be some sort of system in place like cake rotting where after a set period of time (ex. 10 minutes) there is either corruption or some sort of variable that makes the game more difficult. or maybe bombs fall from the sky.. i have no idea these are just random ideas lol. anyways, let me know what you think or suggestions

Posted Nov 27, 2020
  2. Hey!

Personally, I don't think changing every single BL map would be a viable option, but I do think a form of corruption (like the one that was previously added to MB) would help to bring the game to a natural close earlier than it would without a method of shrinking the map. As BL is a mixed arcade game, it's not meant to last for an excessively long time, and adding corruption allows players to finish playing the game while also shortening it.

+1 from me.

Posted Nov 27, 2020
  3. Heyo!

I feel like maybe the Bomb Radius should increase over time, as it's true some BL games can get pretty lengthy. Whether it be corruption, or bigger bombs the longer the game has gone, I think one of those options would definitely lead to quicker matches as BL is intended to be a faster game.

-n2l

Posted Nov 29, 2020
    mab8400 and Brayyyden like this.
  4. Changing maps is def not an option. Even though it is, I'm sure that mtt and build team or map issues team (IDK) would not enjoy it lol. I think adding something like corruption is an interesting idea. I think the corruption should begin once there are only 2 players left (or smth like that) This is so the game isn't super fast to were games last 5 min, but make sure they don't go for 20+ min. I feel if you started the corruption like as soon as the game starts, it'd make the game go to quickly which IMO I don't think bl games should go super fast (just might be me)

Anyway, i think something like corruption should be implemented! +1 (depending on what it is)

Posted Nov 29, 2020
    mab8400 and Fusafez like this.
  5. Yeah, I completely agree with this specification! Adjusting the size of every single BL map would take extensive work from both the Build Team and MTT which doesn't seem necessary or practical, considering the rarity of extensively long BL games. I love Map Testing, but going through all those BL maps would take ages, haha.

+1

Posted Nov 29, 2020
    ARareBlackBear likes this.
  6. thanks for the feedback, I agree that changing the maps could be an issue and a lot of work. the corruption or falling block thing seems like a cool idea. if someone tested it out to make sure there are not any big problems I think it would be a great fix.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 14, 2020
  7. it does suprise me that there havent been any bomb lobber players who have put any feedback in; if any bomb lobbers players want to throw in some thoughts or critiques then i encourage you to do so. same for anyone in the game insights thing or ideas team

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 14, 2020
  8. Heyo!

I really like the ideas proposed here and above. Map corruption seems cool, however, I think it will lead to the final opponents just go to the middle of their "Island", and I feel like this would just come down to who can hit the void last. Not to mention, I could see the "Waller" kit being extremely OP for situations like this. I love @Itsn2l 's idea of increasing the bomb radius. This way, it's much more skill-based, and I think this would be the best option.

Posted Dec 15, 2020
    Itsn2l, mab8400 and ARareBlackBear like this.