• 1830 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 14676 Players Online
  • 12846 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Shiya9_ - A Character Concept (Taking Requests)

Discussion in 'Arts & Banner Showcase' started by maevestarbaby, Nov 13, 2020.

1. I just finished a portrait of a new character I'm thinking of fully developing! Their name is Shiya9_, a fully-automated android (I think). I haven't worked out any logical details but I just wanted to draw a classic portrait as I haven't drawn in a hot minute and this is what I came up with.

[​IMG]

Here's a link to some process images (I messed with the colours a ton and now they look like a strawberry lol): https://imgur.com/a/Z37AV6f

Taking Requests! I have school so I don't have a huge amount of time to dedicate to art, however, I will take two requests from the first people that ask below (2/2 TAKEN) and will draw their Minecraft character (or anything else they would like) in portrait profile-picture-ready form. Just make sure to tell me the details. The more complicated the idea the longer it will take, although I'll finish asap.

This is the only style I am offering for now, however you can choose between getting a rough sketch (process photo 1), a coloured no-shading (process photo 2), or the full piece (final piece).

Request below and I'll start a conversation with you. I'm thinking of possibly opening a shop sometime as I used to have one but I was honestly not that great, so we'll see how it goes.

Posted Nov 13, 2020,
    Last edited Nov 23, 2020
  2. Hey!

I don't know why nobody has snatched this up yet, but you're sooo talented I would love to have some art from you of my Minecraft character. You really need to start posting even more art work because you are extremely talented.

Posted Nov 22, 2020
    maevestarbaby likes this.
  3. Yo oh my gosh!

This is really amazing drawing, I absolutely love the stippling- it really adds a great touch to it!

I would also really love an art request of my character when you've got the time!

Please continue to share you art, it's super awesome :D

And if you don't mind me asking, what art program do you use?

Posted Nov 22, 2020
  4. Yay! Thank you so much. I will message you in a bit so you can tell me if there’s anything special you would like.
    Thank you! I haven’t drawn in f o r e v e r so it was weird getting back into it. I also hate drawing portraits because I reaaaaaallly need to practice full pieces with backgrounds lol.

I use Photoshop CS6! I draw with a tablet on my pc. I used to use many other programs, Paint Tool SAI being my main one until I got my new pc and was finally able to run ps. I much prefer Photoshop because of brush and transform options. pts didn’t allow me to digitally paint how I wanted to so I was excited to switch. I also used Krita and really liked it.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 23, 2020
  5. Wow Runkia, you are an extremely talented artist! Your art style is so unique and different from most artists I've seen here on the forums, and I honestly love it. I love the textures you use and the colors you used in this portrait! Good luck with your future commissions, and I'd love to have a full portrait made of my skin (perry the platypus) if you have time :)

~~

Posted Nov 23, 2020
  6. Thank you for your kind words :) I should have mentioned in the thread but the two requests spots have been taken. However we go a long way back and you're really nice so I'll draw you when I have spare time too! I'll message you.

OP OP
    andr3w likes this.
  7. you're too kind :)

Posted Nov 23, 2020
  8. I understand the switch between drawing and not drawing, best of luck with that, it looks really good haha

I have never used PS so I can't really speak for it, but I've heard good things! I did however previously use Krita and I agree that it was an awesome program. Unfortunately my tablet won't connect to my new computer and my computers stylus is weird, so Krita won't work anymore. I'm glad that you have options that you didn't have before! That's awesome to hear and hopefully those options make plenty of pieces in the future!

Posted Nov 23, 2020
  9. I think I had the same problem as you before I got my pc because Krita worked super weirdly on my laptop.

OP OP