• 741 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2578 Players Online
  • 1837 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Sheep Quest Overhaul + Achievement Kit

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by ImposterK, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Ciao! I’ve thought about this idea for a long time now, and have finally decided to post it. This idea completely reworks the mechanics of Sheep Quest. (I also suggest an achievement kit idea and some new achievements!)

My first idea is to change the goal of Sheep Quest so that each team must have 12 Sheep in their pen to win the game. The game will also end after 5 minutes have passed if no team reaches 12 sheep. With this change, people will have to worry about preventing other teams from reaching 12 sheep rather than having the most sheep at the end of 5 minutes. This will also change the game so that if a team is dominating, they will be able to end the game quickly.

Shepherd (Achievement Kit):
    This kit has a stone sword and is able to pick up 4 Sheep. The Shepherd will not receive Slowness like the other kits do. This is how it will work:
    Picking up 1 sheep = Slowness I
    Picking up 2 sheep = Slowness I
    Picking up 3 sheep = Slowness II
    Picking up 4 sheep = Slowness III

This kit will automatically pick up 2 sheep. It will only pick up 1 sheep if there aren't 2 available.

Achievements:
    -Rapid Roundup: Win a game in under 3 minutes. (Reward: 1000 gems)
    -Sheep’s Defense: Win a game without having any of your sheep captured by another team. (Reward: 1000 gems)
    -Sheep Herder: Capture 8 sheep by yourself in a single game. (Reward: 1000 gems)
    -The achievement “Selfish” will be removed.
    11/23
    -(Achievement Kit): Reworked how Slowness is given.

Posted Nov 22, 2018,
    Last edited Nov 23, 2018
    nathan., Berend, skreb and 2 others like this.
  2. Hello. I like this idea. I believe the overall goal would make the mini-game a bit more enjoyable in a general perspective. I believe that this would make the games shorter, and possibly longer, providing contrast within the game. Also, I do like the achievements. It gives the game more of an objective. I also like the achievement kit. It is well balanced and gives kits a more enjoyable twist! Nice work putting this together.

Posted Nov 22, 2018
    ImposterK likes this.
  3. Hey!

I'm really liking this idea. In my opinion, sheep quest as it is now is kinda boring and basic. The only real objective is just to have more sheep. With your idea, it would make it more competitive. It would make sure that teamwork is crucial. Maybe for the achievement kit, make is slowness 3 instead of 4. That way, people can find the point to the achievement kit and its advantage. I will make sure to add this to our trello for further discussion.

Posted Nov 23, 2018
    Joiined and ImposterK like this.
  4. 1. This combined with resistance III would be very overpowered
    2. Disagree with this in general, the ability to carry another sheep shouldn’t come this easy. Getting 4 sheep should be a very high risk, very high reward thing to do. Along with that, players would have no reason to not go for four rather than three except of an enemy coming, though not much difference would be seen there.

As for OP, I do think that this would be a very interesting revamp of the game. Will definitely prevent teams that already are destroying from having to play an extra few minutes, when they essentially have the win already. Of course there will be those staying at 11 sheep, but there is nothing you can do there, but of course most teams would typically just end the game. Achievements sound good, though perhaps the gem rewards could be increased slightly.

All in all, a very unique concept, one that I’m sure many will be a fan of. Thanks for sharing.

Posted Nov 23, 2018
    Fall, Vocaloiid and ImposterK like this.
  5. I like it to be honest, it’s a small but significant change gameplay wise. Sure, you would still finish the game in 4-5 minutes, but the main focus would shift from getting sheep at mid to stealing them from other players, which isn’t always the biggest priority.

As for the achievements, I like them, but winning in under 3 minutes sounds impossible with a 15-20 second rate to spawn a new sheep (if I remember correctly). Other than that, they all seem pretty interesting.

Finally, the achievement kit. It sounds good, but it seems like nobody would really use it in my opinion. Being able to steal 4 instead of 3 isn’t really giving you a bigger advantage, especially with such a strong slowness. If anything, I would see it being used efficiently when the countdown is over and you need to steal sheep from other pens just so that their count drops significantly and you can win the game. Other than that, in my opinion the kit is not as strong as other kits like the leaper one.

Posted Nov 23, 2018
    ImposterK likes this.
  6. This idea is pretty interesting.
    For the Rapid round up achievement, it's impossible to do in 3 or 4 minutes. I feel like if the games should not last as long as they do now, the sheep spawn rate has to be decreased significantly.
    For the achievement kit, resistance isn't really useful in my opinion, as after being hit, all sheeps are dropped and you lose the resistance again. I think having potions or items that activate resistance 3 for a short time would be better for the kit.

Posted Nov 23, 2018
    ImposterK likes this.
  7. Ciao everyone! Thank you all for your responses! After reviewing them, I have decided to change mechanics of the achievement kit. Here are my responses to everyone that has posted.
    Having the same effect for 2 different amounts of sheep would discourage people from getting 3 sheep. If players want to get 4 sheep, they will have to risk more. Hopefully this change fixes the issues with Slowness IV!

Stealing from other teams already plays a big role in Sheep Quest, so the focus of the game would not change.

At 2 minutes and 40 seconds, 12 Sheep will be in the game. Players will be able to get the “Rapid Roundup” achievement if they have every sheep in their pen before the 3 minutes.

Having the ability to carry 4 sheep instead of 3 is very useful. I often find myself picking up 3 sheep with extra time to spare. It could be the difference between winning or losing!

At 2 minutes and 40 seconds, 12 Sheep will be in the game. Players have 20 seconds to complete the achievement. If many people think it should be easier to get, it can be changed. (The achievement kit is supposed to be difficult to get though.) I have changed the kit to fix some issues it currently has.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 23, 2018
    Berend likes this.