• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11824 Players Online
  • 8934 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Shard Rewards

Discussion in 'Skywars' started by Callum5771, Dec 16, 2018.

?

Rewards: Upon Death Or End Of Whole Game?

Poll closed Dec 30, 2018.
  1. Upon Death

100.0%
  2. End Of Whole Game

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. After playing Skywars on the server for a time, I couldn't help but realise that treasure shard rewards were only given when the game ended and not when you're eliminated.

This means you have to stay and spectate a 10 - 20 + minute game of Skywars, depending on when you're eliminated, just to get your shard, gem and experience rewards.

I'm wondering, although I see the point of this happening, and I take the opportunity to commentate on what's going on in the game in chat (without spoiling the game and giving away details may I add!) Which is quite useful and funny, I've been told.

Do you think rewards should be given upon death depending on kills, time in game .ect OR only at the end of the whole game?

Posted Dec 16, 2018
    Abood and Mitchy like this.
  2. This system is in place across all game modes on the server, not just Skywars, and I have to say that I've never been a huge fan of it. It's kind of one of those things that has just always been a part of the server and I've seen it talked about before with varying opinions, but personally, I have to say that I would prefer a system that automatically gives you rewards. I guess it's a way to encourage players to stay in the game and play again rather than leave and go into a new lobby.

However, I can agree that it is annoying to have to sit and wait for the remainder of the game to get your rewards. Of course, you can't get rewards for being on the winning team or similar until the very end of the game, but I think it would be nice to have your personal rewards awarded to you automatically when you die and then if you want to stay to collect other rewards, those can be applied later or you can leave and not worry about the few extra gems/shards you might get. Maybe it could be something that was only implemented in games that generally take longer, like Skywars, Bridges, Cake Wars, etc. Some of the shorter games really don't need it, but I wouldn't mind having it all around.

Posted Dec 23, 2018
    Peachyy and Zomaholic like this.
  3. I agree they should be given as soon as you die. You can do really well in a game while still dying with a bit of time remaining. Especially in games like Skywars, which can be dragged out depending on the strategies used by the remaining players. I don't think the incentive of a few extra shards is worth the extra time, so implementing this feature wouldn't change much in terms of players leaving after they've died. If anything, by creating less wait time after a game there could be more players actively joining a new server.

Posted Dec 27, 2018
    Divize and ImFeelingLucky like this.
  4. As others have stated, it is annoying to have to wait until the end of a game for rewards. I do sometimes do that depending on the number of people alive, mostly in SSM as it accommodates a lesser amount of people and I usually end up dying with most people having 1 or 2 lives.
    But I see no point in the current system and do think that rewards should be given upon death, thank you for bringing this up!

Posted Dec 30, 2018
  5. I completely agree with your statement. It gets very annoying when your in a game and you die for whatever reason such as falling into the void, or even killed by a cheater. Then, having to wait for the game to finish just to gets shards is irritating. All in all, this should be fixed or improved. By the way, I'm a good Sky Wars player myself, so I know where your coming from when it gets annoying. You just want to get into another game, but at the same time you want your shards.

Posted Jan 1, 2019
  6. I definitely agree here. Back in the earlier days of Mineplex, each player would get all of their awards, besides participation, after they died. Participation would be given when the game ended. This is the system I want to see implemented, as it’s quite annoying to have to wait twenty minutes or so just to get rewards.

Posted Jan 1, 2019
  7. I agree with all the posts above and it is also good that I learned something knew today as I wasn't 100% sure if this was the case. Just like the others, I wish for the system to change.

Posted Jan 1, 2019
    vMythos likes this.