• 473 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2830 Players Online
  • 2357 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion [SG] Three OP Kits That Need To Be Nerfed

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Covelion, May 14, 2019.

1. There are 3 kits in this game that are completely unbalanced in every way.

Horse:
    *Horse that respawns that only you can ride on*
    Simple enough kit except for the fact that it is unfun for everyone around them.
    Here’s an example:
    I get into a 1v1 with a horse kit.
    I’m not able to kill the horse but I get a bit of damage on the person.
    Then they just run away.
    Here’s another example:
    I get into a 1v1, get combo’d, run away. Except you can’t because the horse is faster that Minecraft’s running and jumping.

The kit is a complete unbalance to the game as well as being one of the most bugged kits as well.

Archer:
    First of all the benefits this kit gets far outweigh any other kit at base value.
    *Unlimited Arrows*
    *Free Weapon*(You get bow after 90 in game seconds)
    That doesn’t even include the kit’s abilities
    Barrage: Like the name suggests, Fire a barrage of arrows
    Quickshot: Fire a arrow upon left click immediately.

Archer completely changes the pace that the games are played. Encouraging long range battles at every turn and for the people that are not using the kit or are lacking bows and arrows suffer most from this kit.

Necro:
    Necromancer has a duplication glitch.
    Duplicate any item.
    Which can lead to:
    Full diamond before supply drops
    Multiple stacks of throwable tnt
    Multiple stacks of anything.
    anything can be duplicated,
    Soups, TNT, Exp Bottles, Diamonds, Iron, Arrows.
    The bug is game breaking and must be patched.

Posted May 14, 2019
    Dylan likes this.
  2. Why isn't Axeman on here and the necromancer thing is hackers, not the kit.

Posted May 14, 2019
    cerns likes this.
  3. The horseman kit is an achievement kit that you have to work hard to earn. I personally think it is not as great as everyone claims it to be, and like all achievement kits, it should reward players with something good, not something below average.

This is not a glitch with a kit. These are hackers spawning in items through their client. If you see anyone doing this, please report them.

Posted May 14, 2019
    Crazyy_Tim and Jango_55 like this.
  4. I'm not really much of a SG player but I thought I'd just give my input from my past experiences.

Horseman:

I haven't used the kit ever so correct me if I say anything uneducated. On MPS events especially there is at least 1 invisible horsemen in every game and it's quit the struggle, all you are able to do is shoot your bow towards where you think they are which really doesn't even count as a workaround. In regards to the kit balance itself glitch or not, it's not fun to play against but I think it is somewhat counterable with the exception of getting cleaned by horsemen because they're faster than you. I don't really know what you would do to deal with issues such as players hopping on their horse and running away during fights but I'd say that the horses health could be reduced, and that making it so the horse can't respawn when the player is in combat.

Archer:
    I'm not really a fan of the barrage playing as the kit myself because you have to rely on the barrange RNG to hit the player more than your actual bow aim itself. I think the kit would be fine the way it is currently but without the barrage. I've never really utilized quick shot myself so maybe it could be switched so that left clicking your bow activates 1 barrage shot with your bow instead of using quick shot.

Necromancer:
    The argument is made entirely over the duplication glitch and point made, it is very annoying. There isn't much we can do except for wait until it gets fixed. Whenever I play, I tend to chase down people using the kit and make sure to kill their skeletons so they don't get a chance to duplicate items lol. Without the glitch the kit would be balanced fine imo.

Posted May 14, 2019
  5. Hello! I would like to say a few things regarding your ideas:

Horseman: Honestly, it took me 4 days to get this kit, it isn't great by any means but it is pretty decent. I think it is fine as is. The horse kit isn't as op as everyone thinks it is.

Archer: Archer isn't very OP either. You have to full pull back your bow and wait 3 seconds before you can shoot 3 arrows for 1. However, due to that drawback time, you can die very easily. It is only decent if you are shooting people who run away or if you are running away it is pretty good but those are the only 2 situations I have ever used it.

Necromancer: Like said above it is a glitch, not the kit itself. Therefore, you should report any rule breakers doing this at www.mineplex.com/reports. Other than that Necromancer is decent I barely see it being used though tbh.

I play SG as much as I can and I love it. Just wanted to give my thought on these kits since I own all of them in SG and I have played with every one of them. I think the kit that is more op than horseman is Knight but that is just my opinion. Have a good day mate! -Starlessly

Posted May 15, 2019
  6. It is not possible for hackers to spawn in any items they want. There is indeed a bug with necromancer that allows them to duplicate items infinitely.

Onto the thread itself

I agree that Horseman is unfun and something needs to be done changed about it. For me usually it's not even the kit itself but the situations it creates, like when they do nothing but sit on rooftops the entire game and only come down once they see you're low on health. Sure cleaning up is a good strategy but unlike any other kit that tries to clean up there's no real escape/counter, you can't stop the other opponents from attacking you when you're the only one who saw the horseman. A good nerf I thought of was making it so the horse moves at the same speed as a sprint jumping player,

Completely agree and actually made a thread myself about this kit a few weeks ago, leave your thoughts on my suggested nerf if you want - https://www.mineplex.com/threads/archer-kit-change-nerf-in-sg.39483/

Yeah since this is a bug it needs to be gone. Not much else to say.

Posted May 15, 2019
  7. I agree with everything here, mainly because all 3 kits are bugged on their own ways and make the game less fun to play. Horse kit can cause an invis glitch where the player becomes invisible, archer kit can spawn infinities arrows with quick shot, and Necro can duplicate anything, and not to mention how op horse and archer are... hopefully these kits get changed accordingly in a future update

To those who say axeman needs a nerf, axeman is much less powerful in 2v1’s or 2v2’s than other kits, so while it may be really strong in 1v1’s, it is weak in team sg

Posted May 15, 2019
  8. Horseman: That speed you get on a horse gives a fair trade off to the player using it. Although it makes you fast and able to escape easily, it comes at the cost of much higher sensitivity. When you are moving, it is harder to aim. Going full speed on a horse would be about a swiftness 3 potion that can really mess up your aim.

Archer: As a long time SG player, I completely agree with you. The archer kit should be no more than a free weapon and the arrows should have no effects. The barrage is virtually impossible to dodge if you spray it horizontally at enemies. Bow and arrows are a prototype for rod as you can shoot them and while they air airborne, that is your chance to combo.

Necromancer: The glitch does not really have anything to do with the kit. It is Mineplex's job to ensure that game breaking bugs are patched as soon as possible. It is just much less work to fix that glitch instead of change the kit itself. GI also has to test it to make sure it is balanced and change it up if it is not.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted May 15, 2019
  9. I’m going to have to respectfully disagree with your horse kit claim because it is still easier to hit arrows on a horse than without one, because the horse grants you no backpedal penalty

Posted May 15, 2019
  10. The issue of higher sensitivity is not an issue for most players because either
    A: they are used to playing with the kit all the time and are used to the sensitivity.
    B: the player sometimes even prefers the higher sensitivity
    Higher sensitivity isn’t a good balance to increased movement speed. It’s just not.
    --- Post updated ---
    Axeman there is a fair trade off.
    High damage output with less hotbar slots with it scaling based off of how many slots you use.
    Many people use slots 3-7 to house all of their axes with soups,tnt being completely absent. There is a tradeoff with this kit and that is the absent hotbar slots. Also no the necromancer is not hacking it is a definite duplication glitch.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 15, 2019
  11. It still needs a 1-2 Sec. cooldown.

Posted May 15, 2019
    JMPhase likes this.
  12. This thread is not about kits that may or may not need slight nerds, it’s about kit’s that are game breaking and throw off the balance of the game, and the evidence that you have provided for axeman is not game breaking. Sorry
    --- Post updated ---
    There is a fine line between good and game breaking and horseman goes over game breaking for increased movement speed all the time.

OP OP
  13. Necro doesn't need a nerf, it needs a bug fix. The kit itself is balanced and actually on the weaker side of the spectrum.

Archer's barrage I agree with a nerf, people just run and bow and it doesn't even matter what their skill is because they can't miss. I saw an idea awhile back, replacing barrage with champions' long shot. I think that would be a much better way to go- kit is still good, but actually takes aim to use, and you're not unapproachable.

Horse isn't that good. It's relatively hard to aim/strafe on a horse, abilities like ground pound and whatever barbarian has make it easy to combo horse kits, and aside from that, if you get a rod against a horse you win 90% of the time. The kit is only good for running away and cleaning, and I think it's okay like that.

Posted May 15, 2019
  14. I would agree with the horse statement if they didn’t run away after you do two hearts of damage to them. Anyone who knows how to use a horse kit will get into a fight, run away until they regen, and go back in again. Rinse and repeat until the person is dead then move on to the next because more often then not when you are fighting a horse kit you will hit the horse not the person because of the inflated horizontal hit box. And when you kill the horse, the person will just run away till they’re horse respawns. Rinse repeat.

OP OP
  15. If they run away to regen that just gives you time to regen too though?

Posted May 15, 2019
  16. There is that, but the point of this thread is that it’s a kit that adds an unnatural imbalance to the game that should be addressed.

OP OP
  17. What is the unnatural imbalance of this kit though? The only complaint I see about it is that it can run away from you or chase you down. However, this is balanced out by the fact that it loses in many, if not most pvp matchups. If it runs away from a fight with you, you also have time to regen meaning that if it comes back it will most likely just end up in the same result as before. The only situation in which horse is optimal is if you are low and it comes in to clean, but with the drawbacks that the kit has, how is it unbalanced?

Posted May 15, 2019
  18. The unbalance like I said in an earlier reply is the increase to base movement speed it provides over everyone else’s movement speed.

OP OP
  19. Ok, but how is that an imbalance if it takes away from your ability to pvp?

Posted May 15, 2019
  20. PSI shouldn’t be considered in balancing. Who knows, people could possibly master aiming on a horse.

Posted May 15, 2019