• 403 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2982 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion SG - Nerf Axeman and Archer

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by JMPhase, Jan 24, 2020.

1. So I think most SG players would agree with me when I say that these two kits are pretty darn overpowered. I know I've personally gotten pretty annoyed when they're being used against me and I've also seen quite a few other people express frustration against these kits as well. This thread is my attempt at balancing these kits, and making them more on par with other kits.

Axeman
    - Throwing axes has a 1 second cool down
    - A thrown axe will be consumed on impact with another player (The 15% chance to get a thrown axe back will also apply to this, meaning you'll have a 15% chance of getting any thrown axe back, regardless if it hits or not.)

The reasons for these nerfs are to stop Axeman from being able to almost instantly deal a ton of damage by spamming, and also to reduce the giant supply of axes they usually have towards the end of the game. Overall these changes would make Axeman feel a lot less cheap and would require more thought.

Archer
    - Barrage is removed

Just one simple change... Even without Barrage Archer still has many abilities; they get a bow, they get arrows every 20 seconds, and they have a quickshot ability. Barrage should be removed because it is just way too powerful, it's nearly impossible to dodge if the shooter is good enough.

Posted Jan 24, 2020
    TopTen likes this.
  2. Hi there!

Some super interesting changes you got here!

As I am a mild SG player I can give you some feedback. For Axeman I agree I think people being able to spam there axes is crazy, if someone has like 8 axes in there hot bar and they throw all of them that player will be super slow instantly and a 1 second cooldown I think is good enough maybe 1-1.5s but I'm good with either one! For the ''chance to come back'' I'm a bit iffy on, I think they should keep the axes only because they earned these axes by looking in chests I think the cooldown is good enough, maybe you can add like a drop priority on the axe, where the other player can't pick up your axe, and also add the axe cannot be picked up by YOU for at least 2s so you can't spam all of them and you can't pick it up instantly and throw it asap. That's my recommendation's for Axeman.

As for Archer, I am fully on with this. Barrage is simply just to powerful and if someone is a god bower they can easily land all shots. Now see I don't agree with getting rid of Barrage completely because it makes up Archer kit, so instead of removing it we could just simply lower the amount of arrows the barrage sends to make it less powerful and not so op, because if we remove barrage completely it'll just ruin the archer kit and no one will use it.

I hope you enjoyed my feedback! Hopefully some of these are added! :D

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions!

Posted Jan 24, 2020
  3. Barrage doesn't make up the Archer kit, the bow and arrows do. Getting free arrows, a free bow, and a quick shot ability is already strong enough as a kit itself.

Posted Jan 24, 2020
  4. Not really, Barrage is the main ability with archer, you're right obviously no other kit makes arrows every I think 20s it is, but otherwise it's not really that because if you were a normal player not with archer you would get bows and arrows normally through chests but you wouldn't have Barrage

Posted Jan 24, 2020
  5. I think axes being consumed when they hit a player is fair. The point of this change is to reduce the large amount of axes people end up with, it would also add strategy and thought to how you wanna use axes rather than just mindlessly spamming whenever someone is nearby. Because even with a 1s cooldown axes would still be a pretty spammable, powerful, annoying projectile. A 2s cooldown on picking them up wouldn't really change much. Also the 15% chance to come back is something that already exists, I'm just clarifying that it would work on axes that have hit a player too, just like it does now.

https://www.mineplex.com/threads/gi-survival-games-update-proposals.77004/ Something to keep in mind is that GI wants a significant nerf to the amount of arrows and arrow materials. Which means if these changes went through would make Archer's free arrows more valuable.

You could also say the same about Bomber kit I mean TNT isn't that crazy uncommon in chests, quite often you'll get a couple pieces a game. The only thing entirely unique to bomber is explosive arrows. Similar to how Archer's uniqueness would be the constant supply of arrows and quickshot.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 25, 2020
  6. Hey JMPhase, I've seen you around a few times in-game.

I think axe throwing definitely needs to have a cooldown to prevent spam--I think a slight cooldown of 0.8-1 seconds would be fine since it would allow the kit to still be useful but would prevent insta-killing. And I think having a 15% chance for it coming back when it hits a player would cause people to use the axe throwing ability more conservatively, and make its ability more in line with other kit abilities.

I disagree with removing Barrage, as the only difference between an archer and another person who just has a bow and arrows (which aren't that rare) would be the Quick Shot ability, which isn't that powerful. I think it should still exist, but have a cooldown of maybe 10 seconds or so.

Posted Jan 25, 2020
    Blirry and JMPhase like this.
  7. Yeah I can kinda see where you're coming from, if not removed then adding a cooldown would be the next best option. 10 seconds also seems about right in terms of how long it should be.

Either one I'd be fine with really. Just something should be done.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 25, 2020
    Blirry and SHAVTI like this.