• 820 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3663 Players Online
  • 2843 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

SG Maps Tier List

Discussion in 'Survival Games' started by Pillowbro, Sep 23, 2020.

1. In this thread I'm going to share my opinion on current SG Maps and I'll be happy your comments with your tier list

This would be mine:

S | Fallout
    A | Fantasy Land - Primal - Depth Of the Oceans
    B | Tropia - Wild West
    C | Plex World - Elven Citadel
    D | Aztec Island - Shattered Kingdom
    E | Kikoshi Island

Posted Sep 23, 2020
    spookyanika and Amg_ like this.
  2. Hi!

This is a very interesting tier list and I thought it would be neat to share mine because SG is one of my favorite games:

S | Riverton - Fallout - Shattered - Aztec
    A | Elven - Plex - Primal
    B | Tropia - Wild West
    C| Fantasy Land | Depth Of The Ocean
    E| Kikoshi

This is my personal tier list, but then again it’s really just an opinion of preference.

Posted Sep 24, 2020,
    Last edited Sep 24, 2020
    illum, Pillowbro and Anna-Marie like this.
  3. I've always kind of wanted to do this, so this threads convenient. My list might vary a little more from the average person's, but that's mainly dependant on my personal routes, strats and most importantly how fun I think the map is in general.

I lean more towards 'newer' maps as I find the fights more interesting, weaving between mid on primal can lead to some interesting plays for example. I also find they have more abundant chests and the overall design makes more sense (no random blocks at mid like on Shattered for example). The only exception is Fallout which I put below both Primal and Wild West as I simply don't find the gameplay that enjoyable. It's very streamline but that makes it a little more predictable for me which I'm not always a fan of. I can say the same for Tropia which is the other outlier of my overall view of new vs old maps. I'm interested to see other people's thoughts

Posted Sep 24, 2020
  4. Oh, I forgot about Riverton lmfao. That one would be a B.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 24, 2020
    xLeopard likes this.
  5. S | Fallout, Plex World
    A | Primal, Tropia, Wild West
    B | Shattered Kingdom, Aztec Islands, Riverton Castle
    C | Fantasy Land, Depth Of the Oceans
    D | Elven Citadel
    E | Kikoshi Islands

Posted Sep 24, 2020
  6. S | Fallout, Fantasy Land, Plex World
    A | Depth of the Ocean, Aztec Islands
    B | Tropia, Primal, Wild West, Kikoshi Islands
    C | Elven Citadel, Riverton Castle
    D | Shattered Kingdom

i'm not sure what it is about shattered but i very much dislike it

Posted Sep 24, 2020
    Amg_ likes this.
  7. S: Fallout / Plex World
    A: Depths of the Ocean / Primal / Fantasy Land
    B: Shattered Kingdom / Elven Citadel / Aztec Island
    C: Wild West / Riverton Castle / Tropia
    D: Kikoshi Islands

Just don't like Kikoshi Islands at all. I do like the theme/design of the map, it's just the layout I'm not a fan of. The map is too linear. Often you'll find you can't just run straight towards a destination, you have to take a long way around and follow a specific path in order to get where you want. I know this is also a problem on other maps, but Kikoshi is the worst offender as there's also tons of water on the map, I've had quite a few deaths caused by being ground pounded or blade vortexed into the water when the border is close, and there's basically nothing you can do, people will just keep rodding you off the ladders until the border comes.

Also, I'm not sure if it's actually the case but it also feels like it has less chests than the other maps. There's also the mid design I really dislike, if you can get up to the top there is basically nothing that can hurt you since you can easily control the single route to get up there, you can camp up there forever.

Posted Sep 24, 2020
  8. Fallout has to be one of the best maps on the server, and I have so many memories with it too. But, I still think Primal is the best map on Survival Games and maybe on any game. It's definitely the most pretty-looking landscape to me, and I really like how big it is. I don't like Depth of the Oceans or Wild West nearly as much, not because of their design, but just because I can't at all remember the chest placements or anything on those maps for some reason. I honestly don't think any maps go below a C for me, and as I said, they only go that low just because I don't tend to remember them very well.

Posted Sep 24, 2020
  9. Riverton I might call my favorite. It feels like there are good chest routes in any direction, the map feels nice to play on, and the overall aesthetic is nice.

Fallout is great, but also I find how flat the main area is to sometimes be boring, and it doesnt feel like there are many good chest routes. Decent.

Kokoshi I LOVE the aesthetic of, but outside of spawn and docks, I dont like how most of the map feels to play on

Aztec I think is cool aesthetically, but definitely has some gameplay annoyances that cant really be fixed without completely changing the map. Tbh I think that with the old system of supply drops (and the locations away from spawn they had then) was better for gameplay.... outside of the times when it was a death trap that would get you stuck by the border

Dont feel strongly enough about most of the maps to really rank them. I dont think there are any terrible maps, honestly? In general aesthetics are pretty strong for most of them

Posted Oct 9, 2020
    illum likes this.