• 290 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4820 Players Online
  • 4530 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

[SG] Bring Palace to Java

Discussion in 'Survival Games' started by JMPhase, Apr 7, 2022.

1. Back in 2018 Mineplex released a Bedrock Exclusive SG Map called Palace. The map was released on the Marketplace but was also available for free on the (now removed) Bedrock Survival Games. Since this map is no longer live on the Bedrock server, I think it would be a good idea to bring the map over to Java.

The last map we got was Depths of the Ocean, which was over 2 years ago now. We've been starving for SG content for a while now, and I can't imagine that bringing Palace over to Java would require a ton of effort, especially since the trailer below gives away the fact that it was clearly built on Java anyway (It's using Replay Mod + Sildurs Shaders).

Seems to me like Mineplex has a pretty easy recipe for satiating the SG community on their hands. Especially since for most of us non-Bedrock players this is basically a new map anyway.

This would also be a good way to drum up some interest in SG again before the actual new map is released ;)

Official Mineplex Trailer for Palace:

Posted Apr 7, 2022
    Pangaea_, chrris, Lobby PvP and 2 others like this.
  2. This should've been a given, the fact that it wasn't brought to Java after SG was removed gives me the idea that maybe there was an exclusivity agreement with Microsoft and the Marketplace.

Posted Apr 8, 2022
  3. The builders have claimed that the next map will be released in 2034, so I think the admins should make this available to us while we wait. Just please make sure you remove the enchanting tables to give all players a fair chance, thank

[​IMG]

Posted Apr 8, 2022
    Arshaad_73, Ian923 and maevestarbaby like this.
  4. 2034-
    I would be 25 by then.

Posted Apr 8, 2022
  5. I 100% fully agree, I have no clue why it hasn't been done yet. If it's not any issue they should definitely release it. The map looks pretty interesting and would be cool to see different strategies on a new map as well.

Posted Apr 8, 2022
  6. yes.

Posted Apr 8, 2022
  7. The map was made solely to be used for Bedrock, more exclusively to the Bedrock marketplace. There aren't any plans to bring over the map to Java, however, a similar version could be made though I can not guarantee anything.

and yes a new map is in the works

Posted Apr 8, 2022,
    Last edited Apr 8, 2022
    Arshaad_73 and Mappable like this.
  8. I like Palace a lot as a concept but I'm not entirely sure it would work on Java.
    First of all, the map is only about 340x340 blocks large instead of the standard for Java which is about 500x500. I'm not sure if Java SG players prefer smaller maps or not, but regardless it would still be exceptionally smaller than the rest of the Java maps.
    Secondly, the map was obviously built for Bedrock which means that it's been catered more towards Bedrock pvp. And as many people know, trying to pvp with a controller or an iPhone is MUCH more difficult than with a keyboard and mouse. And as such, the playable terrain is entirely at or close to ground level and there are numerous spots that are exceptionally flat and open without really any cover (such as this area). These types of areas aren't really present on any of the newer Java maps (with the older maps you have some exceptions like Fallout, but when I say Palace is flat I literally mean nearly the entire thing).
    Finally, the map has many exclusive 1.9+ blocks which would have to be changed. Not really a huge deal but just something to note.
    Obviously I'm not an expert at SG gameplay but unless Java players prefer smaller and flatter maps, I think adding Palace on Java would cause it to stick out from the other maps as simply less quality. These things also aren't immediately noticeable from the trailer video, so I just wanted to point them out in case anyone was unaware or if they never played the map when it was on Bedrock.

Posted Apr 8, 2022
    Arshaad_73 and Mappable like this.
  9. Palace is a great map and I'd personally like to see it added to the map rotation.

Posted Apr 8, 2022
    FoxyStormy (Gone) and Mappable like this.
  10. I would also like to see some Variant of this map be added to the map rotation on SG.

Posted Apr 15, 2022
    flowtides likes this.
  11. As its been stated I don't think its possible to bring over to Java as it was a Bedrock exclusive, but I'd love another one of similar build or just another map for SG to give it a bit of a pick up.

Posted Apr 16, 2022