• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Setting in MPS

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by DeathMercenary, Apr 16, 2019 at 8:32 PM.

1. DeathMercenary

DeathMercenary

For MPS:
    Toggleable setting, where you can toggle on and off.
    Basically it makes any game that is active, automatically ends after a certain set time restraint.
    If toggled on, you can set a specific time amount, 1-30 minutes or something like that. And each game ends at that time amount
    If toggled off, nothing happens, and games end like usual.

Feature is needed for those who want to create mps that are similar to Nano where games are quick so that no one is waiting long.

Let me know what you think! :D

Posted Apr 16, 2019 at 8:32 PM
    CCozy and ChrisPKStar like this.
  2. Jaekub

Jaekub

I like this. I've always wanted more control of the games in my MPS, and this fixes the problem. I have one question though. How would you set this and how would you get to the area to set this?

Posted Apr 16, 2019 at 10:37 PM
  3. DeathMercenary

DeathMercenary

Be in the menu item gui, under settings, click to toggle on, and then have preset time limits. Like 1 min, 1min 30, 2 min, etc

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 17, 2019 at 12:38 AM
    pzazz likes this.
  4. coralines

coralines

I’m not huge on MPSs, but how is this different from having the host or co-host stop the game manually?
    I get that you would want games to last not too long, but the fun part about playing is that there’s a winner at some point, and making games like 1 minute long seems so rushed to the point where you’re so in a hurry to play the next game, the current one is going to be less enjoyable.

What about a change so that, once the game ends, you don’t go to the MPS lobby, and instead the next game plays right away? (After finalizing the queue system of course, unless you can set a single game on repeat, kind of like a loop that keeps going until the host/co-host manually stops it)

Posted Apr 17, 2019 at 3:48 AM
  5. Mintletsgo

Mintletsgo

Personally I don’t see what’s wrong with this idea as people who don’t want it can just not use it, however, I personally agree (as some others said above) that this ruins the game in the sense that there’s no winner and if everyone’s now enjoying the game they won’t want to have the game end sooner.

Posted Apr 17, 2019 at 5:25 AM
  6. Overdog

Overdog

Hey!

There’s nothing wrong with this feature being used on the MPS system. However, this does ruin the fun of the games a lot more than you may think It would. It makes the game less fun.

Maybe setting specific variables towards it, such as five minutes, ten minutes, fifteen, twenty, thirty, and then forty. But like I said, I find no use for it. Good luck with the idea!

Posted Apr 17, 2019 at 7:46 AM
  7. ClqssyOwl

ClqssyOwl

Hey!

I actually really like this idea! As stated above, I've always thought the lack of customization within MPSs made them fairly redundant. However, if this was added as a way to spice up games, hopefully with more to follow, I'd be more than happy to go back to playing them with my friends and possibly even invest in a rank myself.

Love the idea. Great work!

Posted Apr 17, 2019 at 8:08 AM
  8. DeathMercenary

DeathMercenary

If you make the games last a minute, it changes the dynamic entirely, to the point you don't really focus on playing, but you focus to get the most kills etc. I had a 30 player group of SSM, which usually takes up to 30Minutes plus to end, cause people try to survive it, but when I announced game will be stopped at 7 minutes in, everyone was fighting, sweating and doing there best to kill as many players as possiblebefore the time limit. We ended that round at 7 minutes with 3 people remaining :D

The thing with the time limit, is that I find myself playing games, ( I let winner choose) where it takes for ever to end, when it takes forever, player's who die early end up leaving because they're there to play not watch others. Which can cause a 30 player server to turn to 15 after one game.

Now personally, I wouldn't do 1 minute yet, unless everyone in the server I was hosting, would enjoy that. I'm always looking out for the best playable content for the majority of my players in my mps (because I'm a streamer) However it still brings up great possibilities for what the MPS can contain. And as always you don't even need to have it toggled on :D

Thanks for the critiques everyone : )

Ofc I can end it manually, but I always forget to time it because I wanna be fair, something my friends were talking about to, is if you could toggle the gamemodes and make them go by faster in that as well, like survival games, make the border close in faster, as well as supply crates drop faster etc. It's a lot more customization, but would be pretty cool.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 17, 2019 at 10:22 AM
    coralines likes this.
  9. Bunni

Bunni

The idea is good but I’m not sure how it would be implemented as you’d have to chance how the games work in MPS, like, edit the coding to adjust to the timing to make it quicker. For example in a game that doesn’t have a moving border like SG does, one would need to edit the game to include it. It just seems like a lot of work for something you could potentially do manually. Perhaps what you could do is set a repeating timer and a macro to run the command to end the game. That way you can do it semi automatically.
    Good idea, but not sure how it’d be executed.

Posted Apr 17, 2019 at 2:19 PM
  10. Phamtastic

Phamtastic

That will take lots of work for the developers to implement the new MPS feature. I like the idea with customize the preset time in the MPS. To be honest, I do not feel like it is necessary to implement because this may ruined the gameplay experience from the players. It sounds like it is a great idea, but I will have to give a 0.

I understand that you said that you want to make a game little bit faster because you mentioned about 30 players of groups in SSM. I mean, it depends on the majority of the players and how long does it last.

Posted Apr 17, 2019 at 4:58 PM