• 1119 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5475 Players Online
  • 4356 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Set Default Community to Talk To

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Jkaebub, Apr 19, 2019.

1. I always have the problem of having to type /com chat Staffrequest every single time I switch lobbies. I think it would be nice if you could set a default community to talk to.

The command would simply be /com default <community name>, and all you would have to do to talk in your default community would be putting a "!" in front of your message. You could still use /com chat <community name> if you wanted to switch to any other for the duration that you're on a certain server.

Posted Apr 19, 2019
    xOeuf, xSlowWifi, Glitz and 4 others like this.
  2. I saw someone suggest this before but for Party and Team chat; since those take only one character I wasn’t in favor, but this I think would be very useful. Typing the whole StaffRequest is annoying and hard sometimes when the person you’re trying to report is repeatedly killing you or you’re trying to play a game. +1

Posted Apr 19, 2019,
    Last edited Apr 19, 2019
    xOeuf, pzazz and Jkaebub like this.
  3. I'm actually all for this idea! Being in a few different communities, I can empathize on how frustrating it can sometimes be to do /com chat [community], especially when I'm trying to help out in StaffRequest. There's nothing I could really add to what you've already said other than I think this would be extremely useful!

Posted Apr 19, 2019
    Jkaebub likes this.
  4. Hello there!
    I completely agree with you that having a default you can set your community chat to would be a great idea! I try to be active in StaffRequest when I can, and having to type out /com chat StaffRequest every time I join a lobby that was reported is kind of a pain. All for it, hopefully it gets implemented! Thanks for the suggestion :)

Posted Apr 19, 2019
  5. The community system is supposed to keep the chat you are talking in when you switch lobbies. This was a change that was made previously but isn't currently working. I agree that it is very annoying to have to type /com chat (community) every time you switch lobbies. Hopefully, it can be something that is fixed in the near future.

Now, as far as setting a default community that automatically lets you talk in it when you join the server, I'd support it. If you know that you almost always talk in that community chat, it would be nice to not even have to type in the command to do so. The server could just automatically set your community chat when you join the server and you wouldn't have to worry anything else.

Posted Apr 19, 2019
    Mintletsgo and Shaiym like this.
  6. I think this idea is a great branch off the idea of not having to type /com chat {com name} every time you switch a server! I am not really invested in any communities but I am active in staffrequest and it would be nice to be able to have a constant quick community chat ready and available. +1

Posted Apr 19, 2019
    Acerna likes this.
  7. So I don't play the Java version of the game but there are servers that have a similar feature to this with default, party, and guild. To me it would be annoying every time you change lobbies to have your chat changed like that. It really defeats the purpose of having it toggled?

Posted Apr 19, 2019
  8. I like the idea with the default communities feature because you don't need to always type /com chat {Community name} in chat. I feel like it will be useful to implement and I agree with the idea what you have too! Is there a way you can enable/disable through communities preference? Some of the players like not to have default communities. That will be a QoL change to the server, so I will give it a +1 to this idea!

Overall, that is a great idea what you have, and keep up the great work!

Posted Apr 21, 2019
  9. I love this suggestion. I don't really see any downsides to this, especially since typing out /com [community] can be a hassle especially if you're trying to talk in a community in a somewhat timely manner. Like Phamtastic said, It may be a good idea to have a command/option to turn the default community feature off for you altogether, just to make it less confusing between remembering which /com chat to toggle and which community you're already speaking in.

There's also the fact that /com chat doesn't stick at the moment when switching lobbies, and I think it should stay like this if the default feature was going to be added. However, if you were able to turn the default feature off, should it just stay as needing to toggle communities every time you switch lobbies? Because I also like the idea of being able to toggle a community and just have it stick until you /com chat a different one.

Posted Apr 21, 2019
  10. Com chat resetting whenever I switch lobby has become so annoying I added a keyboard shortcut with labymod to do /com chat staffrequest for me. It would be great if this was added, it would make it sooo much easier for everyone, especially when, in the case of staffrequest, you have to quickly report a hacker...

+1

Posted Apr 21, 2019
  11. Hey there!

I strongly agree with this idea! Being in multiple communities is annoying since one would have to enter a relatively long command every time one connects to a lobby. This can be a major inconvenience when one needs to chat in a community quickly. Thus, I think this is an excellent Quality of Life suggestion for the server. Thanks for posting this!

Posted Apr 21, 2019
    Jkaebub likes this.
  12. As someone who is active in several communities, I can share the frustration of sometimes talking in the wrong com chat especially when trying to respond to the StaffRequest community. In my experience sometimes I forget which community I am in and as a result, send a message in the wrong one.

I feel as though this could be something small that could marginally improve QoL around communities and would help eliminate accidential messages sent in the wrong community. I can see this being added in the /com gui as a clickable icon that allows a player to select their default community - similar to what we have with com invites, com members, etc.

This is a wonderful idea @Jaekub and I highly support this! +1

Posted Apr 21, 2019
    Jkaebub likes this.
  13. Seems pretty cool to me! Personally, I haven’t come across this issue as much as others have on the network. Community Chat persistence as @_H2O stated, is supposed to be implemented into communities so you don’t have to type /com chat <com> every time you switch a lobby. Hopefully this gets fixed soon as I know other players have come across this issue and have come to me regarding it. Besides that, I wouldn’t mind seeing /com default <com> be implemented into communities as it’s a simple QoL change, and would make chatting in communities much more efficient. I really like @Sven ’s idea on having it be enabled through the /com GUI. To add on, maybe the default community in the GUI could be enchanted, to stand out from the other communities and also to show which one you have set as your default. Another suggestion of mine is if you Shift-Click a community, it would set it as the default community to chat in. It would probably just be another way instead of typing out the command. Either way, I think “default” communities could be a great addition!

Posted Apr 22, 2019
    Jkaebub likes this.
  14. I've seen this suggested before and supported it, so I will support this as well. I would also love the same for team, and party chat so I don't have to type those symbols all the time in chat. Sometimes I forget to put those symbols before my message and put what I said in public chat when it was meant to be for party/team. +1 to the idea.

Posted Apr 25, 2019
  15. I'm all for this. I'm only in one community because it just seems like such a hassle to have to switch back and forth. I don't really see any cons to the idea, if anything it'll make things a lot easier fort he community. Would be great to have this implemented.

Posted Apr 25, 2019
  16. I don't think the ones for team chat and party chat are that necessary. It only takes one key, whereas for communities it takes /com chat <community> which can get obnoxious.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 25, 2019
    Acerna likes this.
  17. Posted Apr 25, 2019
  18. No, that's not an appropriate response. The ideas section of these forums is literally to create ideas and get feedback on such. Redirecting someone to a different source of feedback after the same idea on the (superior) platform has gained support is not needed.

To the OP, I love the thread idea! Major +1.

Thanks
    Techno

Posted Apr 25, 2019
    Jkaebub likes this.

19. Hey!

I personally would love to see something like this, I currently use a Labymod auto-chat command to talk in the desired community when a key combination is entered.

In my case, I use Ctrl + Shift + S which will enter the command "/com chat staffrequest" meaning I don't have to type it out each time I switch lobbies.

This feature would be handy so I wouldn't have to set 100 key combinations but no biggie.
    Either way would love to see this +1

- Wifi​

Posted Apr 25, 2019
    Jkaebub and cerns like this.
  20. I’m literally providing a link to a page mineplex itself introduced. People can say what they think on the forums, then support it by voting on the feature upvote. It is a perfectly appropriate response considering not much will be done if everyone just continues to post boost and say I agree +1. Thanks for stating your concern but I’ve got this handled

Posted Apr 25, 2019