• 1459 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8253 Players Online
  • 6794 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Server Wide Game of Tag

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by BallroomDancer, Jan 4, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Hermitcraft Season 6 tag game: (This is my version)

1. Server wide Game of Tag. Where you can be tag either in mini-games or at Spawn or at the Hub.
    2. The person who just got tagged can't tag the player who tag them.
    3. The tagger should have his/her name be in red on the Tab. The person who tagged that person. That player's name is in blue only to the person he'd/she'd tagged.

Sidenote: I'll be the first it person.

If someone is it but doesn't returned to the server in 30 days. One of the Moderators or Adminators choose the person to be it.

We should have a score of how many times each player got tagged.

PT (Players tagged).
    Tag: That player been tagged.

If you tag a hacker or a Youtuber or a 2B2T Player you get extra points like 10,000 or something like that.

800,000 money to the player who hasn't been tag during one month.
    -600,00 money to the player who been tagged the most during one month.

Posted Jan 4, 2021
    andr3w likes this.
  2. While this is an interesting idea, I do find it to be a bit unrealistic.

A server-wide game isn't really the best way to go about things, what about players who don't want to participate? Will there be a way for people to turn off the game, like in /prefs?

"800,000 money to the player who hasn't been tag during one month.
    -600,00 money to the player who been tagged the most during one month."

What about players who only log on for a few seconds at one point during the month? They surely won't be tagged, and that's quite a large reward for players who aren't even active or knowingly participating in the game. And by money, do you mean shards, gems, or xp? Whichever one it may be, that is a VERY large reward. It definitely shouldn't be that high.

Not to mention, we already have tag-like games on the server in NANO Games. I don't think it would make much sense to have a server wide game of an already existing game on the server.

Overall, I think this might be better suited for some sort of event, where players can go to the event server whenever it's being hosted if they would like to participate.

Posted Jan 4, 2021
    Fusafez and Amg like this.
  3. How about this: When players come on the server. The server asked, "Do you want to take part of the Game of Tag"?

Those who doesn't want to be part of the Game of Tag should be hidden or their names on the tab is yellow.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 4, 2021
  4. Even so, I don't really see the use of this when we already have tag in NANO Games.

Posted Jan 4, 2021
    Amg and qDuh like this.
  5. I don't think mineplex wants to give $800,000 USD to someone. Heck, I don't even think they have 800k. Regardless I like your idea but it simply wouldn't be possible without many issues (Budget, playerbase, cheaters, gadgets, etc)

Posted Jan 4, 2021
  6. If there's a way to spend a budget, this seems like the Mineplex way. Ignore spending money into your anticheat and servers. But this whole idea seems a bit weird, as it's insanely easy to cheat this.

Posted Jan 5, 2021
    Jet Starglaze likes this.
  7. This wouldn't work in my opinion. This just seems unrealistic. Who would want to get tagged while playing a minigame? I also don't agree that if you tag a hacker, youtuber or 2b2t player, you get extra points. Saying you can tag hackers for extra points pretty much means that Mineplex can allow hackers. Hacking is against the rules. I think this just seems realistic. -1 for me.

Posted Jan 8, 2021
  8. We sort of had something like this in the past, however it was only for staff members where basically the person going around looking for staff members took a screenshot of them and posted it on their wall. It was honestly a lot of fun, however, there were issues with it down the line which is why it was discontinued. Many staff members ended up avoiding lobbies (as that was the only place you could be sighted) and I think for obvious reasons that's not good. I could see this happening with this game as well, even with it being opt-in. People would avoid the games/places you mentioned, and games would not be the same because of that. I also find this super unrealistic unless this lasts for like a day because at some point I see somebody just logging off and the game of tag ends. -1 from me.

Posted Jan 8, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.
  9. Tag would be a fun idea for Mineplex, but I don't think this would work too well. For starters, not everybody would be interested in playing this and if they were tagged and never tag somebody back, to have to keep waiting 30 days and to manually find a new person would be frustrating for the staff and players. This idea in general fits better in a game (such as NANO), and for games in the lobby that is why we have Gladiators. For the prize, I am going to assume you mean 800,000 gems or shards, which is an extreme amount and way too much. At most I would do like a small reward of 15,000 shards for one player a month. Have a nice day!

- Lucas

Posted Jan 17, 2021