• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7175 Players Online
  • 4285 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Server Lag - Just Me?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Orilly, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Hey everyone!

I'm from Europe (England, to be precise), and over the last few days, my lag on Mineplex (and Mineplex only) has increased tons. I have a 50mbps upload & download speed, so I know it's not my connection. Has anyone else experienced this issue on clans.mineplex.com or us.mineplex.com, whilst being from Europe? Is it a server-wide thing? Please let me know :)

Posted Jul 30, 2020
    Palidity likes this.
  2. I think it's just you.
    I'm also in England and my ping is the usual 110 - 140. Although recently I have had a couple big spikes, the ones that last 5 or 6 seconds. :shrug:

Posted Jul 30, 2020
    Orilly likes this.
  3. Hello!
    I have recently been getting more lag than usual on mineplex, and only mineplex. My internet connection is fine and while playing on other servers I get absolutely no lag. Keep in mind, I am from CANADA meaning I should be getting good connection to all servers located in the US or CA regions.

Posted Jul 30, 2020
  4. Lag has gotten worse, I've ogne from 100ms daily to 300ms spikes on a reg basis. Games are no longe rplayable. I have a great connection on every other server, including Hypixel, which is hosted in the same town that Mineplex is.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 31, 2020
  5. Have you tried refreshing your internet connection? Does that help any? I know you said you think it's not your connection but I think it's worth a shot just in case.

Posted Jul 31, 2020
  6. Hello <o/

Personally, I have not experienced any server lag recently. Usually it's just one or two lobbies that I can easily ask in staffrequest for a staff member to request it to be started. If it was server-wide lag, usually a fix will be deployed and that would be announced in the Mineplex Discord under the Java-changelog channel. The most recent fix being on the 11th:

If you want to improve your connection, I suggest reading this thread.

Hope this helps!

Posted Jul 31, 2020
  7. I used to have the same problem too but after changing my DNS i have it way less often.

Posted Jul 31, 2020
  8. I am not in Europe, however I used to get major lag when I logged onto Mineplex.

I have seen some players in Europe have a decent connection on Mineplex, so you could figure out if there is something wrong with your internet.

You might have to restart your router. This helped my connection a ton. Of course, I still lag sometimes but not nearly as often. Hopefully you find the solution to your issue though.

Posted Jul 31, 2020
  9. I logged in yesterday and my server lag was so bad I couldn't even open Carl the Creeper. However, when I logged onto another server a second after I was running perfectly. I'm from England too and my connection to Mineplex is very up and down. There are days where everything plays smoothly but there are days where my lag is unbearable. I would question my internet but it sits about a metre from me when I play and I don't lag on any other servers. Also, no one else seems to be lagging either which rules out server lag. Also, to people who stated to restart the router, I have done that and I'm pretty sure the OP will have too and everything will still lag just as much.

Whilst I'm not saying it's a problem with Mineplex per se, I am just confirming that I experience the same thing, but I'm unaware of it being a European thing or maybe we Englanders just be tryna play games on PC's that are sabotaged ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted Jul 31, 2020
  10. Hey! Personally, I don't really lag but sometimes rarely I will get a lag spike. I live in the UK and my speed is about 30mbps upload and around 10-20mbps download. However, some people I know that also live in the UK log onto Mineplex. Unfortunately, I think the lag is on your end.

Posted Jul 31, 2020
  11. I haven't personally experienced any major server lag, at least not any more than usual. The lag I have sometimes experienced is my ping dropping so much to the point where I can't walk without it teleporting me back, if it lets me move at all. However, I believe this is largely to do with my internet connection, and not so much Mineplex itself. And again, I believe the lag you're personally experiencing is majorly due to members from Europe sometimes having lag issues on US Mineplex, and not so much an entire Mineplex related thing.

Posted Jul 31, 2020
  12. Hi there! I'm from England as well, and I occasionally experience lag but it's not a huge problem, as it is quite rare for me. I also think this is more to do with my internet as it is quite slow in general. As this doesn't seem to be a problem for most people, it's possible this may also be related to your intern connection, but I can't say for sure. If this is only a recent problem for you it may not be permanent.

Posted Jul 31, 2020
  13. Yeah lately I've been having a lot of lag spikes only on mineplex and i know a few people who have also been having the same issues recently, dunno why tho.

Posted Aug 1, 2020
  14. I think it really depends on the person. I'm from the US and occasionally I get large lag spikes, and I know a ton of other US people who get the same. I also know some EU players who have great connections. I think it's partly server lag, but it could also be your internet connection. Since Mineplex is based in the US it's much more likely for EU and AU players to experience lag, so I believe that could be happening to you. In the meantime, try restarting your router from time to time, and if that isn't working maybe have a chat with your internet provider.

Posted Aug 1, 2020
  15. No lag
    I'm always at 5 bars while being deeper in Europe with 60mbps

Posted Aug 5, 2020 at 1:48 AM