• 944 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9382 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Serenity

Discussion in 'Arts & Banner Showcase' started by Sven, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Hi everyone,

Today I wanted to share with you an oil on canvas project that I completed for my visual arts class in high school! It was inspired by one of my favourite trails in Gatineau Park in Quebec. Would love to know your feedback!

[​IMG]

Posted Jan 1, 2019
    xOeuf, SickleMode and Callum5771 like this.
  2. I really like your work and I wish I could be as good as you! I like the tone and the color you used for the theme of being in the woods. Would love to see any other projects or any other artwork! One question, how long did it take you to make this?

Posted Jan 1, 2019
    Callum5771 likes this.
  3. Hey Sven!
    Firstly I'd just like to say that the art you've been posting on the forums recently has amazed me every time. This piece is really pleasing to look at and the colour scheme is nice. I especially like the contrast between the streak of light in the middle of the path compared to the rest of the surroundings. You have an obvious talent and what you create is beautiful and I'm very glad that you decide to share that with us and I hope that you continue to do so in the future.

Posted Jan 1, 2019
    Callum5771 likes this.
  4. #awesome
    No more needs to be said.

Posted Jan 1, 2019
  5. Thank you @Lesot for your kind words! It means a lot :) This particular art piece took me three weeks to do so I would say about 60 hours of painting!

Hi @Zipppo , thank you for such kind words. It means a lot coming from someone as engaged and interactive with the community like yourself! Thank you! :)

Thank you @Callum5771 it really means a lot :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 1, 2019
    Zipppo likes this.
  6. Wow! This is an awesome painting, I'm honestly amazed how many talented artists are in the Mineplex community. I've seen a few of your other pieces, I think this one is tied for me with "La vie en Nature". They're both fantastic. Specifically, your trees on this one are just stunning to me, I love the coloring and the sky is also really beautiful. This honestly reminds me of up north in Michigan, we have places that look exactly like this here and it brings back so many memories for me. Thanks for sharing your amazing artwork, and please keep posting more I really enjoy seeing all of your talent and look forward to what you create next!

Posted Jan 2, 2019
  7. Hey Sven,

This is some spectacular artwork. You are very talented with both computer artwork as well hand-drawn artwork.

Keep up the great work!

- zyrrr

Posted Jan 2, 2019