• 459 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8897 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Separate lobbies for Normal and Challenger Halloween Havoc

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Mitchy, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Just as the title says. Simple QoL change so people who want to play Challenger only don't have to queue over and over again to find the right lobby and just queue for a Challenger lobby.

Posted Oct 7, 2019
  2. I think this will satisfy both parties. You cannot see what others have voted and if you want Challenger because Normal was cake, it just wastes time having to go round servers to find the correct difficulty. The current system arguably has the potential to ruin the fun of those who want to play either difficulty. Those who wanted Normal but got Challenger would leave and the mission is virtually impossible from there because the team is not full.

+1

Report a User | Report a Bug | Apply For Java Trainee | Rules| My Profile

Posted Oct 7, 2019
    Xukuri likes this.
  3. Hey!
    Yea, I understand how some players may want different lobbies for normal and challenger Halloween Havoc. Some players from the Mineplex playerbase may not like the lobbies created by HH, which may stop some of the players from playing due to this update, I kind of agree with this forum.
    Have a good day!

Posted Oct 7, 2019
  4. I like this suggestion! Unless you're in a party, it's not always easy to convince the majority of the players in your game to vote for the Challenger mode. People who are very skilled at the game that can't find a party would most likely find this suggestion helpful. Likewise, having separate lobbies would mean players looking to attempt Normal mode wouldn't be forced to play the challenge version of the game if three other players vote for Challenger mode. Some players also tend to not click on the star given to them in the game lobby, which means that they would have no idea that a challenge version of the game even exists. Adding this would raise some "publicity" about the challenge version. Overall, this idea would benefit players and I don't see any problems with it.

Posted Oct 7, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  5. Honestly, yes please lol

It’s definitely hard to get into a lobby with people who want to do challenger mode. The issues stem from there not being separate lobbies, meaning you have to vote for one or the other. Players have to make an almost unanimous decision to even get the challenger mode started, and that’s only part of the problem. Once in a challenger mode game, the players who don’t want to play that mode, (in my experience) will just quit. This makes the game more difficult for those actually trying to beat Challenger mode. It’s essentially the same problem for normal, although, it’s much easier to get a normal mode game started.

With this change, it would definitely give players a higher chance of finding a good set of people, who all want to play challenger mode. So I’ll give this a +1! I really hope they are able to make this happen, at least for future versions of the Halloween game haha :happyt3:

Posted Oct 7, 2019
    _Prof_ likes this.
  6. Hey!
    Honestly, I think that this is a good idea. With the current 600 player based that Halloween Havoc currently has, it is quite divided when it comes to the style of gameplay that people are looking for.

From my experience with the game so far, people mainly party to take on Challenger mode. This is a very difficult mode that can take quite a bit of coordination. However, if you're playing solo and spawn into a lobby, there is a good chance that you will play normal mode. The other issue as @24OO mentioned, is that when a player who was hoping for the opposite mode joins your game, they tend to leave making the game much for challenging.

Overall, I feel that adding separate lobbies for either mode would be beneficial to the network. It would make it so players would be guaranteed to get whichever mode they were hoping to play. This could help coordinated groups hoping to beat challenger mode as well as stop players from leaving at the start of a match. +1 from me.

Posted Oct 7, 2019
  7. Hey!

I am honestly so glad you decided to make a post about this, I was going to eventually get to making a post but I'm glad you've gone ahead and done it. This is definitely needed, and although it's only a small QoL change, it is quite necessary in my opinion. It is quite infuriating when if not all players vote for Challenger mode then Normal mode defaults, and so the simple solution for this is to separate these two modes so players can simply join whichever their desire.

With a large number of players playing Halloween Havoc, this change wouldn't really disrupt or split the players up because there are always a good amount of players playing the game, ranging from 100 to 700. Also, each game only requires 4 players, and so it would be pretty hard for this to disrupt or split the players up between modes, so I am glad this isn't an issue. I am very grateful that you've gone ahead and suggested this, and I know how much the majority of the community would like to see this implemented while Halloween Havoc is around on Mineplex.

+1

Posted Oct 8, 2019 at 11:19 PM
    _Prof_ likes this.
  8. Heyo,

While I do agree with you that separate lobbies could be slightly beneficial, the idea is not our biggest priority at the moment. The gamemode is only here temporarily, and from what I have found, to be able to even get far enough to even be close to defeating challenger, your team must be working extremely well. This is very hard for players to accomplish if not speaking with each other, say in a voice call. Additionally, it physically does not make sense for us to use our limited resources toward this game that will only be here for a few weeks, and one that is not permanent. While many players (including myself) would like to see this being implemented, it simply is not a priority right now, but you never know what could happen later. If you have any further questions, send me a PM and I'll be glad to help out. I'll leave this thread unlocked for further discussion to occur.

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 11:32 AM
  9. Hey!

I really like this idea! To be honest, I don't understand why this hasn't been fixed already, but I hope it could be very soon :P Maybe they haven't added an own lobby this this gamemode because it's just a temporary game, but still, it would be much easier to find people who can party up for this game, rather than asking random players in the regular lobbies.

+1 from me, and hopefully this will be added very soon!

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 11:50 AM
    _Prof_ likes this.
  10. Heyo!

This is a nice little change you have came up with here. While there is a Discord for the Halloween Horror and you can already get in parties with players and have them all vote, this definitely would still be helpful. It could be like Cake Wars and Sky Wars with two different sections, where one is "Challenger" and one is "Normal", then have the rewards under them. This definitely would resolve the issue, and be a lot better to play with.

The only issue I see with this is "games not filling up", though with 100-700 players, I don't think this would happen. Also, players being confused may occur, so just clarifying under the icon in the menu would resolve this issue as well.

Overall, I will leave this at a +1. Very little issues would happen from this, and it is a nice little positive change for the network. Have a nice day!

Posted Oct 9, 2019 at 12:07 PM
    _Prof_ likes this.