• 3371 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 13202 Players Online
  • 9831 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Sell Chests

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Dani2575, Feb 26, 2020.

1. I would like for sell chest option to be added.Of course not for the same price as bought.
    Old Treasure:500-600 shards
    Ancient Treasure:2500-3000 shards
    Mythical Treasure:5000-6000 shards

Posted Feb 26, 2020
  2. Yo!
    I'm sort of confused on what you mean by "sell chest"? Do you mean like the option to trade in your chest for shards or something else? However, the prices that you are listing above is way too much and isn't balanced with each other so depending on what you main idea is, that would need some adjusting.

Posted Feb 26, 2020
  3. The only problem selling chests can combat is dire unawareness, where if the player does not pay attention at all. There is already a confirmation upon purchasing chests that tells you what is being bought. One may argue that a player wants to indirectly trade chests for better ones but your prices given does not make that a very wise idea. Essentially, you can trade 2 old treasure for just 1 which nobody in the right mind would do. There are no real ground-breaking benefits to this idea and is not worth the effort implementing.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Rules | My Profile | Applications

Posted Feb 26, 2020
    uhDamien likes this.
  4. Eh, I don’t see much of a benefit in trading in chests for shards. Plus, since chests are purchasable in the actual shop that wouldn’t really work, at least to me it wouldn’t. I can see why it would benefit players who can’t open chests, and it’s probably been suggested before. However, I don’t agree with it personally. It wouldn’t make sense to be able to change them back into shards, since likely players made the decision to purchase the chest (or got them through their monthly bonus). You would just never get back the full amount of shards that you originally put into the chests. This is just my opinion, I’m sure maybe it could be worked out, but I don’t see it really happening. -1

Posted Feb 26, 2020
    uhDamien and _Prof_ like this.
  5. I just don't see a reasoning for it. You need to usually buy these chests with your shards, so selling them would be pretty useless since you did buy them. Other times you might get them might be from an event, but that is pretty rare so I would just keep it and open it if you had it from that. If you bought it from the shop, then you used money to buy it, so I really don't see why you would do that if you just want the chests.

Posted Feb 26, 2020
    _Prof_ likes this.
  6. Everyone who pours money into the server faces the issue of too many illuminateds and omegas, with some players having hundreds of illuminateds that they can't open, with me personally only having 27 illunminateds that I can't open. I'd love to see refunds available for only chests you can't open so it isn't accidental, but for other chests, I just don't see a need.

Posted Feb 26, 2020
    Monkqy likes this.
  7. For the vast majority of the playerbase this change would hardly be used/noticed.
    If you changed the sell prices you supplied (they're quite unbalanced as TeaSpiller said) maybe the idea could be considerable, but for now the addition would be unneccesary and unbalanced.

Posted Feb 26, 2020
  8. I don’t really think selling chests would benefit anyone. It’s basically just buying chests for another price. Since buying crates from the store is already an option, there really no need to add this. I feel like it would ultimately be unused. Personally, buying crates with shards the old way and buying them from the store is more convenient than buying them from someone else, as the prices may or may not be cheaper. Don’t really see this as a necessity to be added.

Posted Feb 26, 2020
  9. I don’t think this is really necessary or crucial. I feel as though it wouldn’t work out the best. Plus people would just be giving away chests for shards... which they purchased anyway. It’s not really beneficial to people who can just buy them and I’m not sure if people would use this feature a lot. There would also have to be a secure way of trading to make sure there would be no scamming and such. Overall, I just can’t see this working out. I don’t think the prices are reasonable either and therefore I have to give this a -1.

Posted Feb 26, 2020
  10. Personally I don’t think this is necessary to add. Like mentioned above, shards are mainly used for chests. In most cases it really isn’t worth it to trade chests back in for a lesser amount of shards. In addition to this, players with ranks could sell their chests each month in exchange for shards. That kind of defeats the purpose of the monthly bonus, since you’re supposed to only be able to obtain those specific chests, nothing else. (I.e ranked players could trade in their mythical chests and purchase illuminated chests).
    Because of that, and what was said above, I have to give the suggestion a -1.

Posted Feb 26, 2020
    xGetRektedx and _Prof_ like this.
  11. I personally think this idea could work. Some people including myself have hundreds of old chests, however, I do not have a use for them. If I traded in my old chests for shards I would be able to use the shards to buy a Mythical or Illuminated Chest. However, to keep the system balanced, I would suggest around only 100-200 shards per old chest.

Posted Feb 26, 2020
  12. I don’t see the point in selling the chests to get the shards back. It really defeats the purpose of the chests system. I have like about 100 unused chests I have, and I can open some of them anytime I want. Once you bought a chest or you claimed it from the monthly bonus, it’s all yours. I’m going have to disagree with selling chests. -1

Posted Feb 27, 2020
    Im_Ken and _Prof_ like this.
  13. Hey,

I can understand why you'd want to be able to sell chests, especially as a ranked player who gets chests that they don't want from monthly rewards, but I think that overall the idea isn't really needed.

If a player purchases a chest that they don't want, as far as I'm concerned, they should just open it. It might have been a mistake, but being able to refund the chest shouldn't be necessary in this scenario.

If the player gets a chest that they don't want from their rewards, then they should just upgrade their rank to a rank where they get a chest they want, or just open the chest anyway. There's no need to add a new feature just for players in this scenario.

Thanks,
    ~ TheGrandmaster

Posted Feb 27, 2020
    uhDamien likes this.
  14. I’d like to see this added as I have 450 chests I cannot open and they grow each month thanks to my bonus, It would be nice if they actually gave something to do with all of those

Posted Feb 27, 2020