• 2979 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11417 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Self-Love United

Discussion in 'Recruitment' started by Glitz, Jun 30, 2019.

1. [​IMG]

Hey everyone!! Today I really wanted to bring something new to the table that would be applicable and beneficial to everyone within the Mineplex and even Minecraft community. It’s no secret that any online community can be negative and hurt anyone's psyche and the main goal of this is to just have a safe place anyone can relax, chill out, make friends, and improve oneself. So with that being said I would like to introduce Self-Love United:

[​IMG] What is the goal of Self-Love United?: [​IMG]

The primary goal of this ‘group’ is to really just focus on you, improve yourself, and just overall become a better person. There is so much negativity going on in this world and having a safe place someone can go to when they need to talk about anything and everything can be much-needed. Do you want a place to talk about your glow-ups, improvements, aggravations, life, etc???? This is the place for you. We’re here to make sure you’re appreciated, loved, and able to get anything you need to talk about off your chest.

[​IMG] How does this differ from the ‘Community Mentoring Program’?: [​IMG]

The Community Mentoring Project can help ya out in this way, especially when it comes to self-growth. But the main difference is that this groups main focus is to improve yourself. I want to entirely wipe away the platform we’ve all come from and bring forth the lives we live, the difficulties we face, and the challenges we overcome to unite us all into a bunch of positive pollies. (Metaphorically wipe away of course.) The gaming community can be toxic but us coming together can make a positive change. I have no doubt in my mind of that.

[​IMG] What types of things can you expect to be participating in when you join Self-Love United? [​IMG]

Primarily you’re here for some awesome-tastic confidence boosts AND giving others confidence boosts as well. We’re here to accept each other and be there for whomever needs it. There are specific places you can talk about anything whether this may be accomplishments, rants etc. Honestly, this group is your oyster so you decide what you want to get from joining it. Whether you like helping others or need a little help yourself; this is for you. You can even join just to make new friends and socialize. Why the heck not?!

[​IMG] How do I join?: [​IMG]

Joining is simple. We don't want to restrict anyone who wants to join because there is obviously enough positivity to go around here. All you really have to do is say you're interested in the comments of this thread and @Repo or I will shoot you a message with some information. You don't have to, but tell us why you want to join and any ideas you'd like to see us implement. We're really passionate about this and we're hoping to utilize all the feedback we get!

[​IMG] Want to help out with this group?: [​IMG]

Shoot @Repo or I a message! We love helping hands. Especially with something so mentally important such as self-love.

[​IMG] Who is currently leading this group?: [​IMG]

@Glitz & @Repo

[​IMG] Closing Message: [​IMG]
    I'd honestly like to thank everyone who helped me brainstorm this idea and has kind of helped me push it out of my little brain/heart. (@Toki for coming up with the name lol, @Tours for just being supportive, and @Repo for helping me test everything out). We are super excited to meet everyone who wants to join and I know we'll make fabulous memories! Please note that this is just coming off the ground today and I do hope to edit this thread to make it even better with time. If you have any questions at all; the comments section is perfect!

Posted Jun 30, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 22, 2019
    Poal, Yato, Airolt and 15 others like this.
  2. I'm excited to meet new players around Mineplex and make friends on Self-Love United! This will personally help improve my self-esteem and who I am. Thank you @Glitz and @Sven for coming up with this idea!

Posted Jun 30, 2019
    Noviah and Glitz like this.
  3. I really think that this program is something that can really help out a lot of people, and I am really excite to see where this goes next! :)

Posted Jul 1, 2019
    Glitz likes this.
  4. I agree! I just think some people need a home and that's my goal with this. I do hope it takes off! :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 2, 2019
    Poal and Thunderbelly like this.
  5. I feel that this program is a great Idea for a lot of reasons!
    1) It helps our wonderful community become a healthier environment for all
    2) It connects with the people behind the screens -- it might even make people better people overall!
    3) It tackles overall online negativity!

I think this is a really good Idea which both staff and active members of the Mineplex community can contribute to! Keep on going!

This is something I think we can all agree is something worth pursuing!
    If ya'll ever need help w/ this group, I'll be around!

Posted Jul 2, 2019
    Glitz likes this.
  6. I wanna join I guess... I may not be something I'm the most comfortable with but uhm, I think I might need it. Ahh I don't know what to type... Oh well, can I join?

Posted Jul 2, 2019
    Glitz likes this.
  7. I think this is a wonderful idea that can benefit a lot of people, I agree 100% that today's world (especially online since people can say anything with the protection of a screen) is no perfect place. Some people have no idea how much they can hurt other people with only a few hateful words.

I personally don't need this, but I will surely direct any friends that may be having a tough time to you. We need more kind people!

Posted Jul 3, 2019
    Glitz likes this.
  8. Hey, I really love this idea and hope it can continue to grow as everyone does need some positivity. While I am not always positive, I try to persevere and contain that positivity along with spreading it. Hopefully, I can join this team!

Posted Jul 6, 2019
    Glitz likes this.
  9. I agree! It seems like a really good Idea!
    I'd like to join this group, and I want to help some people even a little.

Posted Jul 10, 2019
    Glitz likes this.
  10. thats awesome id love to see a united more friendly community , can you guys hit me up with the information, thanks and good luck!!

Posted Jul 11, 2019
    Glitz and lilbeanmilo like this.
  11. hi glitz! i love the idea of this group so much. i really would love to be in it! i do sometimes struggle with self love so i think this would be perfect to lift my spirit. i wonder if we could even get in contact with mineplex to put up uplifting quotes in the chat. that would be great! or we could have a team of people to put in some quotes just to help others passing or playing the game. @Glitz @Sven

Posted Jul 15, 2019
    Glitz likes this.
  12. Posted Jul 29, 2019
    Glitz likes this.
  13. Hey! I recently just came back from a 6 month break from Minecraft and I really do think that it would be a great idea for me to join a positive community like this one. To be honest with you your pretty much right, since coming back onto Mineplex i've already seen some negative communication between people and to be honest i'm negative sometimes also and i would love to change that. I would love to socialize with new people and maybe even find out that some people have the same similiarities like i do. @Sven @Glitz
    - TheProTroller
    Discord: TheProTroller#4546
    IGN: TheProTroller
    Email: [email protected]
    Hit me up if you need anything. :D

Posted Aug 14, 2019
    Glitz likes this.
  14. yeah I'm interested in joining this, though, in my opinion, they are better ways to recruit than spam the forums lol

Posted Aug 14, 2019
    Glitz likes this.
  15. Sounds pretty cool!

Posted Aug 20, 2019
    Glitz likes this.
  16. I'd like in please >.<

Posted Aug 20, 2019
    Poal and Glitz like this.
  17. ... but I don't like myself

Is that a requirement in order to help other people like themselves?

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  18. Well the whole meaning is to grow. Whether it's to improve your own idea/feelings about yourself, or it's to help others feel better about themselves. Either way, improvement can be made! :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 22, 2019
  19. This is such a wonderful idea @Glitz! I want in! It is always so good to offer a helping hand when it is needed :)

Posted Aug 22, 2019
    Glitz likes this.
  20. i really like this idea. im down to be in it

Posted Aug 24, 2019
    Glitz likes this.