• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7542 Players Online
  • 4652 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Seismic Slam and Whirl-Axe do no damage!

Discussion in 'Champions' started by Tedster360, Oct 3, 2019.

1. On the kit description, Seismic Slam does ‘6 damage’ on impact, while sending enemies into the air, repelling them away (Seismic Slam Level 5). However, the only damage you will take is from the fall that comes after being slammed. There is a minimal amount of the initial ’6 damage’ that happens. Of my experience in battle, there have been moments where a Brute is running from me, leaps in the air and slams into the ground further away from me in an attempt to escape - However, I am in the outer radius of the area of effect of the slam and take little to no damage at all, as well as a tiny bit on knockback, which shows that there is a direct amount of damage caused to me, but its tiny - only half a heart will be taken off or even none at all. This also happens when the enemy is slamming in my face - I take damage (no hearts are lost) then fall back down. Also the player (Brute) takes fall damage when using Seismic Slam (the part where you actually hit the ground and ‘slam’).

The Whirlwind Axe ability is powerful - able to pull in fleeing assassins or other helpless enemies attempting to run for safety. However, the kit description says it does ’8 damage’ (Whirlwind Axe Level 5). I’ve pulled in enemies countless times and none of those moments have they taken damage from being pulled in, either from afar or right in front of me. I have also been pulled in via the ability and taken no initial damage as well, except for when the enemy hits me while I’m being pulled toward them. Maybe the ‘8 damage’ is an added bonus for the player when they attack in the instance when they use the ability? I’m unsure.

Posted Oct 3, 2019
    SpitefulNick likes this.
  2. Forget Champions, come join SSM instead! :D

Posted Oct 3, 2019
  3. I can only speak from personal experience from back when I played Champions 2+ years ago, and since I was either a Brute or Knight main I used Seismic Slam a lot, although I never used Whirlwind. Thus, I remember that Seismic Slam never dealt any additional damage, as I only used it to flee or launch myself into battle to land a critical blow, apart from its main purpose of throwing players off high platforms. I would say your thesis on dealing damage right after using the ability could be the reason why the description lists dealing damage as an effect, but since I do not actively play Champions anymore, I cannot provide an answer right now, but I'm also curious about it.

Posted Oct 3, 2019
  4. The descriptions of many of the skills are outdated and confusing.

Posted Oct 3, 2019
    Bossitiveplays likes this.
  5. Im pretty sure whirlwind axe was nerfed heavily because of broken brute way back in the day, not positive though. But I doubt they ever changed the description.

Posted Oct 3, 2019
  6. They do damage, I know this from 5 years of champs experience.

But, the hitboxes on those moves are quite irregular, resulting in them most of the time not triggering and not doing damage.

Posted Oct 4, 2019,
    Last edited Oct 7, 2019
    Bossitiveplays and matrixyst like this.
  7. basically, there was this guy named samitod

the end.

Posted Oct 4, 2019
  8. Heyo!
    Hey, I understand how this can be frustrating at times but most of the time and for most of our players these two actions work fine. I'm not quite sure why these specific actions do not work for you but hopefully they will work for you soon!
    Have a good morning!

Posted Oct 6, 2019