• 1379 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8168 Players Online
  • 6789 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned /seeinv command for staff

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by FenixProGamer17, Dec 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. /seeinv could be amazing command to staff can see other players inventory
    --- Post updated ---
    Oh and it can help staff catch hackers

Posted Dec 22, 2019
  2. how can it help catch hackers?

Posted Dec 22, 2019
  3. Staff can see op items and items players should not have in the game

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 22, 2019
    okDamien likes this.
  4. Hello!

I have thought of this before and it could actually be very useful if implemented for staff. It could help us watch for certain abuse of bugs and can help in other situations as they occur. One thing that I think would definitely have to be addressed to the staff members if this were to be implemented though would be that staff members can't use this to look at a player's inventory in order to help them in a game. Of course it isn't likely that a staff member would do this, but it would probably be a concern from community members. I don't know how difficult this would be to develop, so there's that too, but I personally would like to see this added.

+1

Edit: I just realized this is in Bedrock ideas so I am not sure how relevant my response is anymore, as I am a Java Moderator and I was talking about Java.

Posted Dec 22, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 22, 2019
  5. Oh one more idea if is possible
    --- Post updated ---
    To staff can see were did player get stuff from (example: fenixprogamer get (bedrock) by xxxxx)
    --- Post updated ---
    Or (example: fenixprogamer get (bedrock) by nothing)

OP OP
  6. Since you're in bedrock im guessing you're talking about survival?? As far as i've seen staff can see your inventory there.

Posted Dec 22, 2019
  7. Ok

OP OP
  8. Hey, an ex-bedrock moderator here. In games like Factions and Survival, there was a lot of what we referred to as 'toolbox hackers' which were players that used external applications to spawn in items with impossible enchants. The community refers to them as 'god weapons'. Owning a god weapon will get you a 30-day ban anyway if caught as it has been made a severity 3 for how severe the problem was.

One of the issues that we had when we were trying to catch it, was when we suspected a player had a 'god weapon' we had to get it off them to see if it was against the rules and this would mean killing the player, but if they are overpowered with these spawned in items, that would be impossible so most of these players were banned just by "oh this person hit this diamond guy once and he died instantly" which obviously shouldn't be sufficient for a severity 3 ban, but it's all we had. A command that would have allowed me to check players' inventories would have been much more beneficial and maybe a command to clear their inventories too. I guess this could also prove useful in other games as well.

My only issue with this is putting it metaphorically, it's a plaster/band-aid on an amputated leg. Games such as Factions and Survival have had these hackers for so long, where there are so many, it's more or less impossible to actually play the game legitimately. The only way that this could be most effective is if Survival and Factions themselves just had one big reset and measures were taken to better decode these cheating sources to find ways to patch them. I love your idea, it would make moderation of these more continuous games much easier, but I think the 2 games I'm focusing are more at a loss currently for a change like this to be beneficial.

My above criticism is only given that Survival and Factions are not reset so overall I want to +1 this idea as in the long run, it would be beneficial to staff and it would possibly allow us to move from only weapons being bannable to armour, blocks, decorations and weapons being given a sufficient enough source of intelligence to penalise for them. Keep making great ideas!

Nope.

Posted Dec 22, 2019
  9. A friend of mine got banned 2 months around for that reason.

Posted Dec 22, 2019

10. We could do it if we strongly believed that the player was using this cheat and evidence lead to the conclusion such as them one-hit killing players and toppling large groups of players. I banned a lot of people for this so they may have been banned by me. We can't ban for it if it isn't a weapon as there isn't really a way it can be proved which is outlined on the rules on the severity 3 client offenses section.

Posted Dec 22, 2019
  11. Hello!

Now even though I am a Java player. I still think this could become useful for staff members to use on the bedrock server. There are definitely a lot of reasons this could be useful to them to help catch bugs and other reasons to help determine if a player is abusing any of their permissions.

As long as the staff members are aware that they should not abuse this power to help themselves in a certain way. Like playing a game and using the command to give themselves an advantage to win. This would be a big issue if this were to ever happen. Other than this though, I do not have another reason to not agree with it. There is no question that this could definitely help them detect abuse of bugs or game exploits. This command could help catch a lot of players that abuse these, and for them to punish them easier seeing that they had proof to punish them however the staff member did. I would usually by now give a suggestion or modify this idea. However, this is a very extremely simple idea that, in my opinion, would not need a modification to it. The only thing that could be added to help staff members have a outline to look out to see to what extent the command could be used. This could add new staff rules to basically, like I said, not abuse this power to help themselves.

Overall, saying that I am a Java player. I tried to contribute what I could to this idea. Even though it might not be the best source of information coming from me. However, I feel like the information I replied with could be some what helpful to adding new staff rules so the staff members would not abuse their powers. Anyways, I will be giving this overall opinion a +1.

Posted Dec 22, 2019
    FabianTuck and xGetRekted like this.
  12. I am good programmer so i will try make an app (anti-cheating) so if the programm detected "op" item it will automatly kick hacker from server i will try my best if you agree

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 23, 2019
  13. I went ahead and changed your title to something more appropriate/fitting for the actual idea itself.

This does seem fitting to have, but I feel like most staff can just see that these players have stuff that they shouldn't. From my experience on bedrock, players spawning in stuff usually do it blatantly and don't really (or can't) hide it. Obviously, if they're one tapping people left and right, then they definitely have something spawned in. I'll give it a 0.

Posted Dec 24, 2019
  14. Hi

So I am, along with being a java senior mod I am a bedrock senior Mod too so I can leave some good feedback on this idea. This command would be amazing and truly helpful for bedrock when it comes to items spawners who are very common on bedrock. When it comes to catching these item spawners the issue is they start distributing the spawned goods to people and it becomes almost impossible to catch the right guy and not end up banning the innocent guy just because he had the items that were thrown at him. With this command we could be able to see the inventory of the person we most suspect and keep watching it for items appearing and by watching his movements and amount of items we will be able to conclude who the right guy to catch is. This command truly would be very helpful

+1 from me!

Posted Dec 24, 2019
    FabianTuck likes this.
  15. Can you make auto op delite? If yes it could be amazing

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 24, 2019
  16. I rarely play bedrock, but I do know about some of the issues there, especially in Survival with people hacking in god items, so this would allow staff to see the inventories of these hackers, allowing them to know that they have something they're not supposed to have. I don't think this would be difficult, I believe there are already plugins out there that do this and Mineplex could just download one.

Posted Dec 26, 2019
  17. I also do believe this would be useful for Bedrock. I feel like if the command “/seeinv” was added, there should be an option to take select items out. This may be hard to implement, but it would a great tool overall for select staff members to use. I would love to see it added to make the community more fair!

Posted Jan 12, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  18. This would be amazing to have and would help decrease hacking but there might be a better command then /seeinventory. I do agree mods should have the ability to use this command but another command should be added, if not already. The ban item command. This command would prevent players from even having certain items like spawners or spawn eggs in their inventories. Also, an enchantment limitation plugin can be added as well to prevent items from having extremely high levels. This would decrease the advantage hackers have over normal players.

Posted Jan 13, 2020
  19. This would be a good option or addition, one issue is hackers give or trade these hacked in items to players, so then there is the issue of banning a player that didn’t hack that item in but got it from someone else which wouldn’t be fair for that person to get banned for those “god” items, spawners or other items that are not obtainable in survival. So I do like the idea but I don’t think that will really work because of said issue. There are ideas that may get implemented to survival that may help, but the only good way I see it getting under control would be to have it stated in chat when you join or appear in chat every so often about having certain items may result in a ban, but that would also depend on what gets added/done to survival if that would even be needed.

Posted Jan 13, 2020
  20. Hello!

Thanks for suggesting this idea. While I understand it may help in certain instances within Bedrock, moderation is reliable as is when it comes to inventory evidence. Additionally, our SM and RC do not want our players to believe moderators have an unfair advantage that could go unchecked. Since moderation is already reliable and we don't want to create distrust in our player base. I am going to mark this thread as Not Planned.

Thanks,
    Techno

Posted Jul 18, 2020
    Sickle likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.